Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The COG & Vital Football

I think the latest one he is having a go at Stearman. :whistle:;):thumbup:

Stearman

To be fair, he has a point, although he looked more up for it against Macclesfield. Maybe it was a kick up the backside for the lad?

And before anyone (Thracian :whistle: ) has a dig at me, I would say that playing alongside some of the players we have, with the systems employed might not be helping his game. It's ok to say "let's bring in some young enthusiastic players", but when they have the likes of Tiatto (undisciplined), Williams (a gifted player no doubt, but so lazy at times) et al to learn from, then they are getting no benefit.

With regards to COG, he's looked much better since returning from his loan spells. He's not had pressure, and he's learnt alongside players who are not punching above their weight, and might actually have something to prove to clubs higher placed.

To be fair, he has a point, although he looked more up for it against Macclesfield. Maybe it was a kick up the backside for the lad?

And before anyone (Thracian :whistle: ) has a dig at me, I would say that playing alongside some of the players we have, with the systems employed might not be helping his game. It's ok to say "let's bring in some young enthusiastic players", but when they have the likes of Tiatto (undisciplined), Williams (a gifted player no doubt, but so lazy at times) et al to learn from, then they are getting no benefit.

With regards to COG, he's looked much better since returning from his loan spells. He's not had pressure, and he's learnt alongside players who are not punching above their weight, and might actually have something to prove to clubs higher placed.

I'm not going to have a dig at you for stating an honest opinion and explaining it. Nor will I give youngsters an easier ride than others when they underperform, assuming they're given reasonable time to settle in.

Despite my support for young players I've not enjoyed Stearman's sloppy start to the season any more than anyone else and nor have I made excuses for it or defended it. In fact I suggested he got himself refocused quickly.

Kelly benched him and got no complaints from me.

With regards to the Vitalfootball article though, he has not had five bad matches. He was fine against Macclesfield - not outstanding but perfectly okay - and excellent in the short time he was on against Southend. Whether that wins him his place back is up to Kelly.

Overall he's made over 40 appearances for City in the last season and a month and has been reasonably consistent in that time - in fact probably as consistent as anyone - and at this moment, seeing as he does seem to have refocused, I don't have any particular worries about him.

My personal choice would be to reinstate him but if that doesn't happen it's his own fault and he's got to cope with it and learn from it.

Well apart from a few inaccuracies the author of the piece does have a point.

I was speaking to someone who was at the game on Saturday doing some scouting for another Club and the only player he though looked anywhere near competant was Paddy Kisnorbo and even then he commented on his lack of pace.

My personal choice would be to reinstate him but if that doesn't happen it's his own fault and he's got to cope with it and learn from it.

It's a difficult one for Kelly. I'd like to see him back but Kenton's earnt his place on what he's done so far.

I can assure you it isn't. Sounds more like Barton Fox to me.

The Master of Miserable? The Pope of Poo-pooing? :o

I was speaking to someone who was at the game on Saturday doing some scouting for another Club and the only player he though looked anywhere near competant was Paddy Kisnorbo and even then he commented on his lack of pace.

Goddammit Thracian. We agree again! ;)

100% agree with you there.

Porter looked lethal when he came on and for someone who was completely neutral I find it hard to accept that they wouldn't have been atleast a little impressed with him. O'Grady had a steady game, played a part in exactly how the team played, which was turgid but ground a result out.

Which may explain how so many good players get overlooked or underestimated by scouts.

Archived