Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Raith Rovers in for CL?

Note to mods: feel free to move it to General Sport if you'd prefer it there ;)

Raith Rovers target Levein role.

Raith Rovers would like to replace the departed Gordon Dalziel with former Hearts manager Craig Levein, BBC Scotland understands.

_42042360_craigevein203.jpg

Levein grew up as a Rovers fan

Levein has been out of football since he was sacked by Leicester in January and has been approached in an ambitious move by the Stark's Park board.

Rovers announced on Friday that Dalziel was to go just four matches into the Scottish Second Division campaign.

Coach George Gemmell will take charge for Sunday's tie at Stirling Albion.

Levein supported Raith as a boy and it would be a major coup for Rovers if they manage to land him.

Levein, who won 16 caps for Scotland while playing for Hearts, began his managerial career at Cowdenbeath.

He returned to Tynecastle in 2000 and spent close to four years in charge at Hearts before leaving for Leicester.

However, Levein lasted just 14 months at the Walkers Stadium and was dismissed after a poor run of results.

Raith Rovers have picked up four league points this season and have been knocked out of the CIS Insurance Cup and the Challenge Cup.

But the Kirkcaldy side are refusing to comment on the reason for 44-year-old Dalziel's departure.

A statement on the club's website read: "The Board of Raith Rovers F.C is discussing with manager Gordon Dalziel the terms on which he may leave the service of Raith Rovers F.C.

"Meanwhile, he has agreed to take no active part in the running of the club.

"George Gemmell, Head Youth Coach, will take charge of the first team until further notice.

"On legal advice the club will make no further comment at this time."

Hopefully a chance to send players like Sylla out on loan. :P:thumbup:

I hope he gets the job and I hope he does well.

If Leicester continue to make steady progress I shall consider that the arrival of Levein marked the turning point because he changed our philosophy, made us look towards young players, oversaw the establishment of a squad which comprised more assets than liabiliites and a situation where that was likely to continue.

That he lost his job was the result of his flaws as a manager and tactician but also as a result of his stubborn refusal to respond when things were going wrong on the pitch.But that shouldn't blind anyone to what he did do.

Some of his signings were mistakes for different reasons and if he wants a couple up there I'm sure the club will do everything they can to oblige him. :thumbup:

Note to mods: feel free to move it to General Sport if you'd prefer it there ;)

Hopefully a chance to send players like Sylla out on loan. :P:thumbup:

Hope fully yes. or even seel them in january!! MONEY!!! :thumbup:. however i feel sorry for the club he is going to he was a poor manager, and those 14 months were 14 months to many. never any good, and he held hearts back when he was there, they finished second last year!!! before then 3rd every year and a million miles away from second, and they havent made any new signings since levein left too!!! haha say anything to you?.

Hope fully yes. or even seel them in january!! MONEY!!! :thumbup: . however i feel sorry for the club he is going to he was a poor manager, and those 14 months were 14 months to many. never any good, and he held hearts back when he was there, they finished second last year!!! before then 3rd every year and a million miles away from second, and they havent made any new signings since levein left too!!! haha say anything to you?.

What? They've made loads of signings.

Hope fully yes. or even seel them in january!! MONEY!!! :thumbup:. however i feel sorry for the club he is going to he was a poor manager, and those 14 months were 14 months to many. never any good, and he held hearts back when he was there, they finished second last year!!! before then 3rd every year and a million miles away from second, and they havent made any new signings since levein left too!!! haha say anything to you?.

They signed most of Eastern Europe, what're you on about?

Also you could easily argue that when he left Hearts were in 3rd, had finished 3rd for the previous 2 seasons, yet ended up finishing 5th at the end of the season, and until Romanov popped up with all his cash they didn't look like improving.

I hope he gets the job and I hope he does well.

If Leicester continue to make steady progress I shall consider that the arrival of Levein marked the turning point because he changed our philosophy, made us look towards young players, oversaw the establishment of a squad which comprised more assets than liabiliites and a situation where that was likely to continue.

That he lost his job was the result of his flaws as a manager and tactician but also as a result of his stubborn refusal to respond when things were going wrong on the pitch.But that shouldn't blind anyone to what he did do.

Some of his signings were mistakes for different reasons and if he wants a couple up there I'm sure the club will do everything they can to oblige him. :thumbup:

I totally agree, CL had flaws with his management but his aim in looking for some LT stability for the club was very admirable, I'd take the squad at the endo fo reign over the one at the start anyday.

Henderson, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Kenton (initally), Hume, Fryatt, Hughes, Mayberry (as a RB) are all pretty sound signings. And if we sell any of them we will make a proift on

Obiouvsly Sylla, Hamill, Nissa, Hammond, De Vries, Rab were not so good.

Archived