Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Best goal of the last 5 years

Which would you go for?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Which, I ask you, which?!

• Izzet v Grimsby
    • Nalis v Leeds
    • Gudjonsson v Hull

Izzet.

If you tried to recreate any of them goals ever (which would probbaly be impossible anyway but hypothetically) Muzzy's would be the last one you'd pull off.

All three of these goals were excellent, but Muzzy's had the most technique to it.

Without wanting to sound as if I'm pissing on parades here, Joey's was a good goal - but the Nalis and Izzet goals are a class above.

I'm very surprised that Nalis has so far polled less than Joey's goal, so far. :ermm:

I'm wondering if those who voted Joey have seen the other goals? :blink:

If we're looking into this more than just the goal then - Nalis because at that time I felt that moment of excellence turned us onto a decent points-scoring run - which we weren't looking at before in the Premiership.

Izzets was absolutly class also though, both looked excellent to the eye.

Joey's was awesome too though.

Choices, Choices...

I'll go for my long-haired friend Lilian.

All 3 goals were awesome. But Joey's goal v Hull was just unbelievable, it came out of nowhere. To hit it that hard and with that much accuracy from the halfway line when i personally didnt even see the keeper off his line (despite being behind the goal). Pure class, still annoyed he left :pinch:

I've had to say Nalis.

The reason being I wasn't at Grimsby so I've only seen the (crap camera work!! :mad: ) video.

And although I've never been more stunned at a goal Gudjohnsson's is more about luck (in terms of the Keeper being a bit slow) and power...

Whereas Nalis's was pure skill, and unstoppable for the goalie even though he knew it was coming!!!

Joey's, because of the distance involved.

The other two efforts were purely instinctive, but still fabulous goals.

However, Joey's was a class above.

Even Pele or Maradona would have been proud to claim that goal as their own!

Archived