Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

I'm going bowling tonight with the girlfriend

because I refuse to pay £23 plus extras to go and watch the shower of sh*t, that has been on offer recently.

Also, there's no atmosphere anymore, I can't smoke, it takes too long to get served a pint at half time, and I have to watch my mouth cos there's loads of kids in the kop.

The enjoyment has gone for me, going down the city.

I would normally go all games, no matter how we were doing, but now the game day experience has deteriorated (spelling) so much, I may only go when we're playing well or playing a decent side.

:mad:

because I refuse to pay £23 plus extras to go and watch the shower of sh*t, that has been on offer recently.

Also, there's no atmosphere anymore, I can't smoke, it takes too long to get served a pint at half time, and I have to watch my mouth cos there's loads of kids in the kop.

I would normally go all games, no matter how we were doing, but now the game day experience has deteriorated (spelling) so much, I may only go when we're playing well or playing a decent side.

but remember last season Hull at home was arguably game of the season

In fact I was talking to my dad about this the other day - £23 is a lot of money in comparison to other social things you can do. Add in the petrol, program, pint/cuppa & parking and for 2 people thats £70. Sure if we are in the prem, its worth it. But to watch City vs Hull on a Tuesday night? As much of a fan as any of you are you have to question the value in comparision to the other things you could be doing.... even the cinema wont set you back more than a tenner!

And would probably be more entertaining :(

Hence my point - i know are tickets are roughly in line with other championship clubs but there is a wider issue of the price of football tickets driven by the transfer market, in reality tickets to see a championship game should be around the £15 mark, but then that would cause clubs serious financial problems.

I guess you could argue that we'd get a higher attendance if they were that cheap - but would it recoup the loss from the price fall?

Agree with every last word.

I'm Still going though. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, you'd rather shell out a bomb to bowl with your girlfriend than watch us brush the Tigers off the park? Nutttttterrrr. :cry::cry::| :w00t: :w00t:

£23 buys you a fair amount of bowling! I wouldn't call that a bomb.

Hence my point - i know are tickets are roughly in line with other championship clubs but there is a wider issue of the price of football tickets driven by the transfer market, in reality tickets to see a championship game should be around the £15 mark, but then that would cause clubs serious financial problems.

I guess you could argue that we'd get a higher attendance if they were that cheap - but would it recoup the loss from the price fall?

Attendances at the fans fixtures last season were not that brilliant, to be fair. This suggests to me a football malaise rather than a simple pricing issue.

Very respectful of you to watch your mouth while in the Kop because there are kids, but I sit in the Kop every time I'm at the ground, and some of the kids in there have worse vocabulary than me, and they actually find it pretty funny. If somebody around them swears, they laugh and join in.. :blink:

Smoking should still be permitted if you ask me. I don't smoke, and I don't intend to start, I hate it. But if people are worried about their health due to smoking in the ground, they should go sit in the Family Stand, and make that stand strictly non-smoking. Also, I agree with everything you say about being served for drinks etc inside the ground at half-time. It does take forever, but it's always like that, nothing new there.

If it's things like this that are contributing to people losing interest and turn their back on most games, the club need to address it. The solutions to it wouldn't be that difficult, they are pretty simple and most people on here know what would need to be done. It's just getting the club to listen that is the problem...

Also, I agree with everything you say about being served for drinks etc inside the ground at half-time. It does take forever, but it's always like that, nothing new there.

Not this season. Against Ipswich, leapt off my seat and bolted down the hatch as soon as halftime was blown. Found myself at the front of a small queue, got the beers in for me and my mate, wolfed them down at customary half-time speed and stood there for 10 minutes considering whether to get a second. Low attendances rock!

Grow up. A football match is what you make of it, and if you don't like the lack of atmosphere, then do something about it!

I'm not particularly enjoying the games, but all the extras (like meeting mates etc) make it worthwhile.

As for kids, would you rather they were watching in the Emirates, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford? That'll be great for the club.

Not this season. Against Ipswich, leapt off my seat and bolted down the hatch as soon as halftime was blown. Found myself at the front of a small queue, got the beers in for me and my mate, wolfed them down at customary half-time speed and stood there for 10 minutes considering whether to get a second. Low attendances rock!

Low attendances may well be good for getting the half-time beers in lol but they don't help for income and atmosphere. We are a better club than our performances and attendances seems to suggest. Isn't that why we decided to build a new stadium in the first place?!

The club want to move in the opposit direction, they wont offer a soloution as they don't see the problem.

They don't see the problem, but all (or the vast majority) of the fans do. The club really should listen to the fans if it wants to take the team forward. Not go with everything the fans say, but at least take some of it into consideration.

Grow up. A football match is what you make of it, and if you don't like the lack of atmosphere, then do something about it!I'm not particularly enjoying the games, but all the extras (like meeting mates etc) make it worthwhile.

As for kids, would you rather they were watching in the Emirates, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford? That'll be great for the club.

I agree, and that's why i'm not going, I don't see spending £23 good value for money, me and the mates could put that in a kitty and have a good night out and still have change left over!!!

The option of taking kids works out even more expensive and with the p@ss poor half time entertainment and not too much to look at on the pitch, they get very bored very quickly!!!!

If it were a FF, that would give someone like me, surplus cash to buy drinks food and other entertaining goodies for the kids = enjoyable evening out at a reasonable price!!

:wave: Bye...

I hate this attitude people have that if you don't want to fork out £23, or moan about it then you are somehow not a real fan.

Lets face it, its not cheap! Even the cheapest seats and just saturday home games makes an expensive interest!

I am a massive fan but the ticket price + cost of transport from London does put me off!

I'm with you on this one, not so much the value for money but more the level of enjoyment i get at the walkers. I can tollerate poor performances, sure i'd still whinge but the lack of atmosphere and bollox of queing 15 minutes for a pint of piss water for £2.80 and not being able too smoke (which unfortunatly i have started again) just means that i would rather listen to the match on the radio (even with that twat Barber).

I'm with you on this one, not so much the value for money but more the level of enjoyment i get at the walkers. I can tollerate poor performances, sure i'd still whinge but the lack of atmosphere and bollox of queing 15 minutes for a pint of piss water for £2.80 and not being able too smoke (which unfortunatly i have started again) just means that i would rather listen to the match on the radio (even with that twat Barber).

The footballs enough to keep me attending on a fairly regular basis. Crap as it may be I do still enjoy it.

I very rarely go to football games that are televised these days how ever.

Grow up. A football match is what you make of it, and if you don't like the lack of atmosphere, then do something about it!

I'm not particularly enjoying the games, but all the extras (like meeting mates etc) make it worthwhile.

I thought I might get a response to this, and also the one from Phube, If I had Davey G's powers of multi replying, I would.

I am a fan of this club, yet I do not live and breath LCFC, I have other interests outside of this and I also friends and family, who I would rather spend my money and time on than paying out for the football match. Lisa, thats very anal of you telling me to grow up, but as you don't know anything about me, I won't take offence. When you have little money - I have a child of 8 weeks, and limited free time - I have a child of 8 weeks, I would rather do something that my gf and I really enjoyed, than something that we liked but did not enjoy immensly. You are obviously more into Leicester than I am, and you would probably prioritise LCFC over most other things, but to condemn someone who wasn't into it as much as you and who is only speaking truthfully is a little below the belt.

As for your kids response, I really don't get your point - sorry.

I am sure I am not the only person in this thought of mind, judging by attendences, it seems likely. But I am sure that if you call every person who decides not to go to the football imature, then the attendences will soon shoot up again.

Archived