Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Team for Sunderland

Logan

Stearman

Kenton (would have Sheehan)

Paddy 1

Paddy 2

Porter

Wesolowski

Hughes

Gradel

Hume

Fryatt

O'Grady, Johnson, Nils, Henderson, Lowe.

Give the youth the chance, we can't play any worse than we have been doing!

Henderson

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Hume

Wesolowski

Johnson/Hughes

Porter

O'Grady

Fryatt

Subs: Dodds, Low, Logan, McCauley, Johnson/Hughes

I'd go with this team. Hume looked good on the right for the last few minuted against Hull, even tracking back to RB; don't think Low did much of that. If not play Low on the right and play Hume and O'Grady upfront, I think that could be a pretty good combo.

RL say Tiatto is back in the squad, Williams is still out and Douglas will never be back (ok, they don't say that, but apparently he needs games before he can be considered for the 1st team, and as we don't have a reserve team anymore it seems unlikely he'll ever be fit again)

RL say Tiatto is back in the squad, Williams is still out and Douglas will never be back (ok, they don't say that, but apparently he needs games before he can be considered for the 1st team, and as we don't have a reserve team anymore it seems unlikely he'll ever be fit again)

If Tiatto comes in for Porter then i'll lose all respect for Kelly. Porter has been our best player in the past 3 games i've seen us and although we've only won one of those 3 games, without him we'd have been even worse.

…………………Henderson

…Kenton………McCarthy……Kisnorbo

Low…Wesolowski……Johnson……Porter

……………………Hume

……………………Fryatt

…………………Henderson

…Kenton………McCarthy……Kisnorbo

Low…Wesolowski……Johnson……Porter

……………………Hume

……………………Fryatt

I know including Johansson is sometimes like playing with 10 men but come on.. :ph34r::thumbup:

I'd like to see;

Henderson

Kenton Kisnorbo McCarthy Tiatto

Gradel Weso Williams Porter

Hume Dodds

What is there to lose?

The current team isnt doing it, so lets try out a couple of new things at a game where we are not expected to get a result

I'd like us to play a 4-3-3 with a midfield or Porter, Weso and someone, with Hume Fryatt and COG up front so heres a realistic team:

Hendo

Stearman McCarthy Kisnorbo Kenton

Weso

Low --------------------------------- Porter

Hume

O'Grady Fryatt

I still rate Stearman on bad form better than I rate Nils.

Hume in midfield, he will work hard and he can support the atacks well unlike Hughes. Weso (if he is fit enough) and Porter are logical choices.

O'rady has more presence up front than any other strikers, and he jolds the ball up well to allow other to join the attack.

It could be an option to play Hammond for the first half/60 mins to try and wear their defenders down before bringing a footballer on.

Whatever but I'd be amazed if he doesn't pick Tiatto, after all we need all the experience and the guile, professionalism, ability to control a game that only experience provides that we can get.

dannyMcD1.jpg

Hi everyone! Who's going tomorrow then? Can't fooking wait. Everything points to a leicester win - Sunderland on fire and us being craper than crap must mean we will hit 5 in the weird world of footy????

I'm gonna get completely slaughtered on the booze anyway so I ain't gonna remember a thing in any case :D:D:D

BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMYBLUE ARMY

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Welcome back Collymore. Would be interested to read your thoughts as ever on a few of the things you've missed out on over the past few days.

What's been happening then in a nut shell? I'm still not Interneted up yet, still waiting for my first blasted pay cheque before I'm willing to sign for anything. I got up early so I could find a computer in town so i might not be back on properly for a few more weeks yet.

What's been happening then in a nut shell? I'm still not Interneted up yet, still waiting for my first blasted pay cheque before I'm willing to sign for anything. I got up early so I could find a computer in town so i might not be back on properly for a few more weeks yet.

I think most of Foxestalk have decided on the basis of the last two games that Kelly = Levein. I'm not saying I disagree with that and I will probably get into trouble for that comment (especially the last two games bit) but that seems to be the sum total of the past week.

Henderson

Maybury

Kisnorbo

Mcarthy

Kenton

Hume

Williams ( if fit if not Porter )

Weso ( if fit if not Johnson )

Tiatto ( if not fit Porter )

Fryatt

O'Grady.

Logan,Porter (Low),Stearman,Hughes,Dodds.

Sorry had enough of Nisse and Stearmans bumbling so I thought I might actually try and play Maybes is his postion, weird idea I know. We haven't won (or scored in for that matter) a league game that Tiatto hasn't started. :D:P

What frustrates me about Kelly is that we seem to have no team emerging - no style of play - and he continues to do nothing about our weaknesses.

We've scored just four goals in our last eight League matches with six of those games being goallesss and seems to blame the strikers when itis plain that our lack of creativity in midfield and too many poor passers behind the strikers generally, is the root cause of the problem.

Furthermore he leaves out O'Grady who, with Porter, Kisnorbo, Mccarthy and maybe Kenton has been one of our better performers whenever he's played this season.

We cannot solve all our problems at once but we can make a start...

a) Play O'Grady - our only ball-holding striker.

b) Drop Hughes - he creates virtually nothing and doesn't really make up for that in other ways.

c) Drop Nils - he doesn't pass well and doesn't link in with the attack.

d) Play Gradel instead of Low because, as I expected, Low has not scored nor looked like scoring at first team level whereas Gradel has been scoring for fun and deserves his chance.

You cannot have a disjointed football team whereby half want to pass the ball and half don't cos they can't.

So we have a select as many players as we can who are able to pass.

Assuming it is impossible to recall Sheehan and presuming Weso's not fit, I'd choose:

Henderson;

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Tiatto;

Gradel, Hume, Williams, Porter,

O'Grady, Fryatt.

Subs: Logan, Nils, Weso, Hammond, Dodds.

With the impact a manager with the presence of Keane is making it is hard to imagine us winning but we could try to start looking like a proper team and we may surprise ourselves.

Had it not been for starting Gradel I'd have preferred Dodds to Fryatt but one debut is enough.

Apart from dead ball ploys, Kelly should not ram tactics down the team's throat but emphasise simply the need to pass and move and simply to support one another at all times.

Williams would act as playmaker just behind the other midfield three.

I don't think we should be speculating the lineup, for we know RK is going to want us to play extremely defensively with no intentions of scoring, and he is going to field the same old lineup he always does, as he likes things to be "steady and assured; a system and side the players feel comfortable with". This means we'll go:

Henderson

Kenton

Paddy M

Paddy K

Nils

Low

Hughes

Johnson

Tiatto (because we are playing away and Porter is an attacking player)

Fryatt

Hume

Archived