lookwhaticando Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 We usually revert back to our league team pretty quickly after a cup game - after our last cup game (where we made 8 changes, I think) we reverted back to the team we used in the league and changed just one player. Will it be any different this time? Probably not. So who would you like to see for the Colchester game and/or who do you expect we'll see? Henderson Stearman, McCarthy, McAuley, Kenton (assuming Kisnorbo's appeal isn't successful) Low, Weso, Williams, Porter (Williams if fit, Johnson if he's not) Fryatt, Hume Subs: Logan, Nils-Eric, O'Grady, Gradel, Tiatto. ----------------------------------------------------------
Wils Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Hendo Stearman Mcarthy Mcauley Kenton Porter Weso Hughes Low Fryatt Hume Subs.Ogrady,Gradel,Nils,Johnson,Logan
Ric Flair Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 I'd like to see Logan Stearman Nils McCarthy Kenton Hughes Wesolowski Johnson Porter Fryatt Hume Subs: O'Grady, McAuley, Williams, Low, Henderson
Fez of Mahrez Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 ---------------------Logan----------------------- Stearman---Kisnorbo--McCarthy------Kenton ---------Wesolowski-----Johnson-------------- Hume-------------------------------------Porter ----------Fryatt------------O'Grady-------------
Tommeh Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Hendo Stearman Mcauley Mccarthy Kenton Low Williams Weso Levi COG Fryatt I know Humes' done well on tuesday but I won't forget his Hull performance in a hurry- I also think Hume a better away player by linking attack and midfield which we don't need as much at home as all midfielders need to push on as we attack teams. I think williams can do the job from midfield Hume has to drop in from attack to do.
Dr The Singh Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 ---------------------Logan----------------------- Stearman---Kisnorbo--McCarthy------Kenton ---------Wesolowski-----Johnson-------------- Hume-------------------------------------Porter ----------Fryatt------------O'Grady------------- I like it!!
Fez of Mahrez Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Oh if Kisnorbo's suspended then Kenton in the middle and Maybury at left-back. Ugh.
Wils Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 If Kisnorbo isnt suspended id have him in instead of McAuley. I think rob will play Nils there though.
davieG Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Injury update Leicester City boss Rob Kelly faces an anxious wait on a number of key players ahead of Saturday's clash against Colchester United at the Walkers Stadium. Speaking at his pre-match press briefing, Kelly confirmed that he would again be without the services of midfielder Gareth Williams for the fixture. And as the clock ticks down to City's ninth Championship game of the campaign, the Foxes chief also revealed that he could be forced to wait until the very last moment to put together his side for the match. He said: "Gareth has got a fragment of bone in his ankle that hasn't settled down. He's had some treatment and an injection and it is just settling down. It is in the process of getting better, but it has taken around a week longer than we originally thought it would. He'll be okay. "We've also got a few other injuries in the squad that we are going to have to keep an eye on ahead of the game. "Stephen Hughes (pictured) didn't make the Hereford game after he picked up a dead leg at Sunderland. We thought that if we worked with him he would be able to shake it off in time for Tuesday night, but as we got closer to it his leg was still stiff and we felt that if he got another bang on it he would have been out for a lot longer. So we decided to err on the side of caution. "James Wesolowski also hasn't trained today (Thursday). He has got a similar problem to Stephen, but we are hopeful that they will both be all right and will train tomorrow."
Fez of Mahrez Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Also seems to be considering Logan to start. There's a thing on the OS about it.
Mark Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 ---------------------Logan------------------------ -Stearman---McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Kenton ---------Wesolowski--Johnson--Porter---------- ----Hume-----------Fryatt-----------O'Grady---- Subs: Henderson, Dodds, Gradel, Johansson, Hughes Anyone know if Kisnorbo's ban is immediate? It is it swap him for Johansson and he can have a go in his natural position for once.
lookwhaticando Posted 21 September 2006 Author Posted 21 September 2006 Kisnorbo's ban, assuming the appeal isn't successful, is indeed immediate. /edited to add, I've read in another topic his appeal was rejected. He will miss the next three games.
lookwhaticando Posted 21 September 2006 Author Posted 21 September 2006 Also seems to be considering Logan to start. There's a thing on the OS about it. Don't be fooled. Selection headache means he'll pick who he used in the league last because he's still available.
Guest Gist Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Logan Kenton McCarthy McAuley Nisse Low Johnson Weso Porter Fryatt Hume
Thracian Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Team I'd like: Logan, Stearman, McCarthy, Nils, Kenton; Gradel, Hume, Wesolowski, Porter; O'Grady, Fryatt. Subs: Henderson, Johnson, Tiatto, Dodds, Hammond. I've selected an attacking side, tried to back it up throughout the team and tried to back it further with the substitutions. No chance it will happen, of course. Henderson; Stearman, McCarthy, McAuley, Nils; Hughes, Weso, Johnson, Porter; O'Grady, Fryatt. ...is going to be close. with Logan, Kenton, Low, Hume, Hammond as subs.
LCFC4LIFE Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Hendo Stearman Mcarthy Mcauley Kenton Porter Weso Hughes Low Fryatt Hume Subs.Ogrady,Gradel,Nils,Johnson,Logan I think that side is the most likely. If Kelly is as smart as i think he is anyway.
Manwell Pablo Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 I dont think you'll see McAuley play. I reckon it will be Nisse moving to centre half and someone else going left back. As Ric has said Nisse hasn't looked to bad at centre half when he's been asked to fill in before. I think we will see Stearmen go right back and Kenton to left back
Thracian Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 I dont think you'll see McAuley play. I reckon it will be Nisse moving to centre half and someone else going left back. As Ric has said Nisse hasn't looked to bad at centre half when he's been asked to fill in before. I think we will see Stearmen go right back and Kenton to left back I just don't see Kelly making more changes than he has to after what he considers a good performance at Sunderland and Nils has been solid defensively at left back.
DanTheFoxBhoy Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 I thought Weso wasn't training this week?
Thracian Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 I thought Weso wasn't training this week? Just a bump apparently - the impression given was he should be fine.
DanTheFoxBhoy Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Just a bump apparently - the impression given was he should be fine. Hmm... we may just score the three points this week.
Bert Posted 21 September 2006 Posted 21 September 2006 Hendo Stearman (rb) Kenton McCarthy Nils (lb) Low Hughes Weso Porter Hume Fryatt Logan Mcauley Tiatto Elvis COG * Weso has a dead leg*
lookwhaticando Posted 22 September 2006 Author Posted 22 September 2006 Weso with deadleg is more useful than a Hughes with two good legs at the minute.
Thracian Posted 22 September 2006 Posted 22 September 2006 Weso with deadleg is more useful than a Hughes with two good legs at the minute. That's not very kind.
Ric Flair Posted 22 September 2006 Posted 22 September 2006 Weso should be fine (touch wood), kids get dead legs all the time at school and are back playing heads and volley's within a few minutes. Dunno what's up with these footballers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.