Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Has the current board taken

Round and round and round and round.

An investment is when you put in resources in order to generate a future return greater than that which you put in.

When you put money into a football club, you end up with less money. Therefore what we need is a Benefactor. Not an investor.

At least understand what we are looking for first. :rolleyes:

Round and round and round and round.

An investment is when you put in resources in order to generate a future return greater than that which you put in.

When you put money into a football club, you end up with less money. Therefore what we need is a Benefactor. Not an investor.

At least understand what we are looking for first. :rolleyes:

Quite so. Benefactors are hard to come by, though. If the club was able to reach out more so that more of the different communities across the city felt greater allegiance to the club, I reckon we'd have a better chance of attracting local money. Probably a better bet than some of the investors seeking to make money out of football - having seen the cash sloshing around in the Prem.

The money is again a matter for the board and for the ambition of the club to achieve something this season other than staying in the league, if people seriously think it is impossible to afford a player on loan for 3-6 months then my case is made. Its a matter of confidence and ambition and literary wheeling and dealing get some out move some mountains wake the place up a bit including us fans.

If there is no way whatsoever to raise the finance why as fans dont we hear noises coming out of the club about much needed investment and and that the club is available to buy?

Without parachute payments where does the club expect to make the money? We have had no investment since they stopped. Without investment in the team ther certainly wont be any more through a promotion/relegation. It seems that surviving is simply enough forget any ambition.

This is not enough we must do more, where is this club gonna be in 3 years?

If we start winning wont the home gate go up?

I simply do not accept the fact that moves cannot be made, get someone out on loan do something to make the option available to RK, Hendrie would be very good in CM with Weso.

In 3 years at this rate of investment will we be a League one side on and off the pitch?

Do you think the board think that you get parachute payments if you go down from the Chapionship to League One? :D

I think thats the plan lets go down get that parachute payment so we can buy some players!!

We just missed out last year, this year is our year if not then within the next three.

Haven't all those clubs received significant investment since though Leesoh? :unsure:
I don't think Ken Bates has done a lot, and the latter two have been spending long before any cash went into them.

I don't think Ken Bates has done a lot, and the latter two have been spending long before any cash went into them.

Well maybe they're just taking risks then? I think i'd rather we be patient and get a sound financial footing than take risks? :unsure:

Although this is said with a level head which is what I haven't had at 17:00 hrs every saturday so far this season! :(

What I would like to know is how the hell can the likes of Leeds, Derby and Cov continue to make signings in worse financial circumstances than us?

How do clubs with lower average attendances manage to make enough money to finance new players?

I get the feeling that we, as a club, are too happy to hide behind the spectre of administration. If we were to be relegated, then the root cause will be administration, you can guarantee that. At some point we have to move on.

That is what I've been saying all along but I like the way you put it

"happy to hide behind the spectre of administration"

We made it easy for them to appoint RK on the cheap and we're making it easy for them now to sit on their fat arses all day hoping yes hoping that the club will survive.

They live in hope while most of us live in fear that this club could be relegated to L1 by Christmas :mad:

Well maybe they're just taking risks then? I think i'd rather we be patient and get a sound financial footing than take risks? :unsure:

Although this is said with a level head which is what I haven't had at 17:00 hrs every saturday so far this season! :(

There's risk taking, and there's calculated risk taking. Our board does not seem to want to even contemplate the latter. If this club wants to move on, and it needs to, then someone at some point has to start to take calculated risks, because sitting on your hands waiting for 'it all to come together' is as bad as taking an unjustified risk. Both extremes will see us in League One.

That is what I've been saying all along but I like the way you put it
Bless you, kind sir!

I don't think Ken Bates has done a lot

They have spent money for a start, and I think that is very impressive for a club that until recently was 96 million in the red...and it is predicted they will be debt free at the end of next season ~ that is an incredible feat. I can't stand the beardy little idiot but he deserves a bit of credit for saving their club.

Looking at them I wonder how come we have smaller debt but absolutely no money to spend. Something doesn't sit right about it, to me...

They have spent money for a start, and I think that is very impressive for a club that until recently was 96 million in the red...and it is predicted they will be debt free at the end of next season ~ that is an incredible feat. I can't stand the beardy little idiot but he deserves a bit of credit for saving their club.

Looking at them I wonder how come we have smaller debt but absolutely no money to spend. Something doesn't sit right about it, to me...

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it smells a bit fishy....

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it smells a bit fishy....

If anybody but Ken Bate's was there I'd say the same but he is a genius when it comes to financing football clubs and it wouldn't surprise me to see him walk away from Leeds in a few years time with another nice little earner!

If anybody but Ken Bate's was there I'd say the same but he is a genius when it comes to financing football clubs and it wouldn't surprise me to see him walk away from Leeds in a few years time with another nice little earner!

I know I'm simplifing it here but TD said the other day that the average ST holder pays £13 for a ticket let's say our average gate all season is 20k that means we take over £260k every 2 weeks in gate money alone.

Thats over five million pounds a year!

You can't tell me that all of that is spent just repaying our debt and on players wages :unsure:

He more than likely will be in a position to do that. Not bad for a non-Leeds fan, considering the mess that total Leeds fanatic, Peter Ridsdale made. A bit similar to the situation well known city fan John Elsom left at this club. Let that be a lesson to all those anti-Mandaric sirens who berate him as a mercenary simply because he's not a city fan.

Not sure how many people are on the board but they need to invest. We are not talking millions just a few hundred thousand to get a couple of loan players in. People like Porter and O'Grady arnt yet ready for Championship first team football, and the sooner Kelly and the board see this the better. The board need to act now and invest in the team and back Kelly, rather than hanging him out to dry or fook off

Indeed they have, we should be grateful for what they did, but by Christ are they getting close to ruining it.

Let'S Talk Marketing and the astronomical fees paid to this non-portfolio company.

Let'S Talk about Jo Bucci (you notice the body swerve from the FT every time she is mentioned)

Also I'd like to know which genius has done our budgets based on a significantly higher home gate than we got last season? Then I'd like to know which collection of f'ckwits approved it when even Bernie from Quorn could have told them it wasn't going to happen.

They might masquarade as lifelong City fans, but they know the square root of naff-all when it comes to football.

Not sure how many people are on the board but they need to invest. We are not talking millions just a few hundred thousand to get a couple of loan players in. People like Porter and O'Grady arnt yet ready for Championship first team football, and the sooner Kelly and the board see this the better. The board need to act now and invest in the team and back Kelly, rather than hanging him out to dry or fook off

I'd people like Porter and O'Grady aren't ready for the Championship what does that say for the likes of Hughes and Johnson.

Levi has the second best record of any City player in terms of points per game played, Wesolowski being best.

That proves nothing except that the club have hardly being doing badly when he's been in the team.

I'd people like Porter and O'Grady aren't ready for the Championship what does that say for the likes of Hughes and Johnson. Just look through the player ratings.

That they are also not good enough, hence why we are in the bottom five. This is why investment to get a few loan players in is a must. Look at Ipswich. Some promising young players but realised due to bad results that they wernt yet up to it, so got in a couple of loanees and i think now they have taken 13 points from the last 15. I personally think the only players at the moment who are up to it are: Logan, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Stearman, Williams, Hume and Fryatt. The rest are either not ready(Porter, O'Grady, Wesolowski) or not good enough

I'd people like Porter and O'Grady aren't ready for the Championship what does that say for the likes of Hughes and Johnson.

Levi has the second best record of any City player in terms of points per game played, Wesolowski being best.

That proves nothing except that the club have hardly being doing badly when he's been in the team.

:blink:

We're in the bottom 5!!!!!

WFF???

That they are also not good enough, hence why we are in the bottom five. This is why investment to get a few loan players in is a must. Look at Ipswich. Some promising young players but realised due to bad results that they wernt yet up to it, so got in a couple of loanees and i think now they have taken 13 points from the last 15. I personally think the only players at the moment who are up to it are: Logan, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Stearman, Williams, Hume and Fryatt. The rest are either not ready(Porter, O'Grady, Wesolowski) or not good enough

Well City were good enough to murder Ipswich, inclusive of Porter in the second half and even Weso later on before the Tractorboys bought their loanees, which was hardly a teamful. so they cannot be that bad.

I've not much argument with your general list but am quite sure Weso and Porter are more than good enough. O'Grady has things to prove. Like whether he's able to score at first team level for a start.

He has attributes which will, I believe, be more apparent when we play with a co-ordinated attacking team instead of carrying three or four passengers per game. I still don't understand why Kelly never, never, never plays such a team. .

If he did I'm sure Weso and Porter would also benefit.

But you're not the only ones with doubts about O'Grady. I just hope he gets the chance to play in a "full" side before he's thrown to the dogs.

If loanees were to come in for Hughes/Johnson/Nils/Low who were better than any of our alternatives and were to compliment our team I'll be delighted but it's probably wishful thinking.

Adding the speed and strength of Hammand and Hume is probably our best available option.

Doubtless we'll see but probably not against Birmingham. I always seem to be saying that. One day maybe but not this week, not that week. With Kelly it'll never be time to field an interlinking attacking team.

Also I'd like to know which genius has done our budgets based on a significantly higher home gate than we got last season? Then I'd like to know which collection of f'ckwits approved it when even Bernie from Quorn could have told them it wasn't going to happen.

They might masquarade as lifelong City fans, but they know the square root of naff-all when it comes to football.

Optmistic forecasting on the attendance front has been a consistent feature in recent seasons.

For the last 3 years, we have been asked for our forecast of the number of ST's, each year we have been very close, but the budget has been set higher.

Optmistic forecasting on the attendance front has been a consistent feature in recent seasons.

You're being extremely diplomatic there FT :D

For optimistic I read incompetant, because any realist could tell you what was going to happen, in fact I was banging on about it months ago, but then what do I know???

Surely you must be asking questions, because I can't believe they actually thought there would be an increase on last season.

For the last 3 years, we have been asked for our forecast of the number of ST's, each year we have been very close, but the budget has been set higher.

We know our hardcore so that is a safe bet, but their funding gets us throught the close season and early days of the new season, but we need the turnstiles clicking and 25 notes a throw isn't going to do that.

I notice you didn't disagree that these numpties were not football people.

You know what there has been a couple of things in the last week that have endeared the FT to me, and if it continues I may well rejoin and encourage others to do likewise. Keep up the winds of change :thumbup:

it doesnt take brain surgery to work out the turnstile prices need to fall significantly, the board values championship games higher then the fans.

I have got sick of arguing my points tho we have a board that seems content with just surviving, no ambition and no direction.

but they havent got any money. not even 'just' a few hundred thousand.

they owe 20 million on a ground that isnt even theirs so realistically there are other priorities than

signing players. thats why the youngsters are playing. they are the only feasible way forward for the team at present.

harsh but true!!!

Archived