Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Has the current board taken

it doesnt take brain surgery to work out the turnstile prices need to fall significantly, the board values championship games higher then the fans.

It does, because attendance is not as price dependant as you would like to think. It is about quality of play and winning, not ticket cost.

It does, because attendance is not as price dependant as you would like to think. It is about quality of play and winning, not ticket cost.

it would seem logical to drop prices to get fans in but the club would miss out (or get similar) on revenue if they got 25,000 in for 15 quid each then say 18,000 for 25 quid.

this makes no sense to a business to be doing this regularly.

the clubs stance on ticket prices is no worse comparibly to when everyone was chucking coins into buckets to help pay muzzy izzets wages 4 years ago!!! that was disgraceful ticket prices are now expected.

people are beginning to vote with their feet so the club may get the message.

but , back to original point, if city are in the top 6 , yeah ticket prices are less relevant

it doesnt take brain surgery to work out the turnstile prices need to fall significantly, the board values championship games higher then the fans.

I have got sick of arguing my points tho we have a board that seems content with just surviving, no ambition and no direction.

Ticket prices aren't going to fall significantly enough to make a huge difference to the majority of fans, but the fall would have an immediate impact on how the club is run!

I think they've almost got the balance right at the minute.

They can't drop the prices too much as this would alienate the ST holders who to be fair have allowed the club to be able to come up with some kind of a business plan for this season.

I'm not sticking up for them they are a bunch of incompetents.

Dropping prices by the same amount as a couple of pints or a packet of fags would be disastrous for the club, but to us, it's only a couple of pints and a smoke.

Is that too much to ask to keep the club in business.

Well if only a few people are paying, and the drop in income is so insignificant, what is the point in dropping ticket prices? There's no guarantee that people will turn up.

You can argue all you like about ticket prices, but when the club use a comparison with themselves and other Championship clubs as a gauge, you don't stand a chance. Our prices are pitched in a very ccompetitive area, and be thankful you don't support one of the clubs in our division who charge £30 a game!

Well if only a few people are paying, and the drop in income is so insignificant, what is the point in dropping ticket prices? There's no guarantee that people will turn up.

You can argue all you like about ticket prices, but when the club use a comparison with themselves and other Championship clubs as a gauge, you don't stand a chance. Our prices are pitched in a very ccompetitive area, and be thankful you don't support one of the clubs in our division who charge £30 a game!

I can only speak for myself and people I have contact wiht and go to games, and they all agree with me that if prices were lower they would definitely go!!

eaststandtom you making a very common mistake made here on this board, bear in mind 14k or so fans are STH I forgot the exact number sorry so only a few k are paying so dropping the price doesnt give a big drop in income as you think, assuming no extra people turn up.

this is true

but it can still be applied to the additional 5,000 or 10,000 match ticket buyers.

whatever way it is the club needs a billionaire with undying allegiance to leicester city

You're being extremely diplomatic there FT :D

For optimistic I read incompetant, because any realist could tell you what was going to happen, in fact I was banging on about it months ago, but then what do I know???

Surely you must be asking questions, because I can't believe they actually thought there would be an increase on last season.

We know our hardcore so that is a safe bet, but their funding gets us throught the close season and early days of the new season, but we need the turnstiles clicking and 25 notes a throw isn't going to do that.

I notice you didn't disagree that these numpties were not football people.

You know what there has been a couple of things in the last week that have endeared the FT to me, and if it continues I may well rejoin and encourage others to do likewise. Keep up the winds of change :thumbup:

The first rule of budgets is there is always more than one. You budget for a number of scenarios, and usually the one you go with is optimistic, becuase it is a management tool, and if you use it right it can be motivational. This doesn't mean if we spend more than the budget the club goes out of business. The club will budget to do well, but that is a target. Many many companies miss their targets all the time. It doesn't mean they aren't doing well.

depends who you compare to, clubs who play better football charge half of £30.

The first rule of budgets is there is always more than one. You budget for a number of scenarios, and usually the one you go with is optimistic, becuase it is a management tool, and if you use it right it can be motivational. This doesn't mean if we spend more than the budget the club goes out of business. The club will budget to do well, but that is a target. Many many companies miss their targets all the time. It doesn't mean they aren't doing well.

Indeed, but this is Leicester City we are talking about, and we are not doing well on or off the pitch, infact it's almost impossible to work out which is worse.

Sorry but I have to disagree there.

It doesn't matter one bit what Derby or Coventry charge because our fans are not going to nip along there because it is cheaper or they are doing better. Our board have to set the prices to attract LCFC fans and no one else.

They are losing sight of that fact, it's almost as if they are embarrassed and the keep the ridiculous prices to 'keep up with the Jones's'.

It doesn't matter one bit what Derby or Coventry charge because our fans are not going to nip along there because it is cheaper or they are doing better. Our board have to set the prices to attract LCFC fans and no one else.

They are losing sight of that fact, it's almost as if they are embarrassed and the keep the ridiculous prices to 'keep up with the Jones's'.

Maybe, but if they reduce prices, all you would get is a temporary increase in attendences, no increase in revenue and a reduction in the medium term when the "extra" fans realise the team is sh it and not worth paying a fiver to watch half the time. :ph34r:

Maybe, but if they reduce prices, all you would get is a temporary increase in attendences, no increase in revenue and a reduction in the medium term when the "extra" fans realise the team is sh it and not worth paying a fiver to watch half the time. :ph34r:

That doesn't make sense???

If you have an increase in attendance then you have an increase in revenue, because those additional fans will buy something, either a programme, merchandise or concessions.

Likewise, I couldn't figure out why so many people got their knickers in a twist about freebie tickets, it costs nothing (save ticket stock and printing time) and the fact that there are extra bodies in the ground mean they'll be spending something. To me it would make sense that the Club split Leicestershire up in to school districts and each home game on rotation go round their 'districts' and dish out 5,000 free tickets to the primary and secondary kids.

If you manage to snare 100 or so in to coming with their parent(s) after their freebie then bullseye.

That doesn't make sense???

If you have an increase in attendance then you have an increase in revenue, because those additional fans will buy something, either a programme, merchandise or concessions.

Likewise, I couldn't figure out why so many people got their knickers in a twist about freebie tickets, it costs nothing (save ticket stock and printing time) and the fact that there are extra bodies in the ground mean they'll be spending something. To me it would make sense that the Club split Leicestershire up in to school districts and each home game on rotation go round their 'districts' and dish out 5,000 free tickets to the primary and secondary kids.

If you manage to snare 100 or so in to coming with their parent(s) after their freebie then bullseye.

Excellent suggestion RE the schools.

My main gripe with the free tickets was that 2-3 thousand odd fans left the ground after the Colchester gane thinking "thank god I didn't pay for that....never again"

How long would people be interested in paying £15 to watch us? The way we are going, they'll turn up for a few games, then stop bothering. Next thing you know, they're demanding tickets are reduced further.

The fan base is apathetic, if you ask me. I had freebies to give out, and I did, but most people who had one will only go back if there's some free tickets on offer again. The fact they went on to question my sanity should say it all!

Comparing ourselves with our local rivals is also interesting. Of course our fans aren't going to change allegiance, but when you see one week a headline saying that the landlords haven't been paid their rent on a stadium, and the next week the club involved spends a million on a player is it any wonder there is much apathy? When the same club then sells their top player, and promises to let the manager have the money whilst your own club have publicly stated that if we sell, then the money will not be used in the transfer market, you have to wonder.

The club are not doing enough to get the fans in, and ticket prices is the tip of the iceberg.

Excellent suggestion RE the schools.

My main gripe with the free tickets was that 2-3 thousand odd fans left the ground after the Colchester gane thinking "thank god I didn't pay for that....never again"

That's the risk though, imagine (and I know it's difficult) if we'd won!!!

How long would people be interested in paying £15 to watch us? The way we are going, they'll turn up for a few games, then stop bothering. Next thing you know, they're demanding tickets are reduced further.

The fan base is apathetic, if you ask me. I had freebies to give out, and I did, but most people who had one will only go back if there's some free tickets on offer again. The fact they went on to question my sanity should say it all!

Comparing ourselves with our local rivals is also interesting. Of course our fans aren't going to change allegiance, but when you see one week a headline saying that the landlords haven't been paid their rent on a stadium, and the next week the club involved spends a million on a player is it any wonder there is much apathy? When the same club then sells their top player, and promises to let the manager have the money whilst your own club have publicly stated that if we sell, then the money will not be used in the transfer market, you have to wonder.

The club are not doing enough to get the fans in, and ticket prices is the tip of the iceberg.

Ain't that the truth :pinch:

It's not even performances on the pitch particularly, it's results. We weren't great to watch under Adams in 2002/3 but we kept winning and people want to be a part of it.

Funnily enough, I was planning on going to the Birmingham game on Saturday but then I managed to get a free ticket for the Colchester game and that put me off so I'm not going now!!

It's not even performances on the pitch particularly, it's results. We weren't great to watch under Adams in 2002/3 but we kept winning and people want to be a part of it.

Funnily enough, I was planning on going to the Birmingham game on Saturday but then I managed to get a free ticket for the Colchester game and that put me off so I'm not going now!!

Yep, I went to every home match that season, there's a very few better feeling then seeing your team win, week in week out!!

The feel good factor that season lead to some brilliant nights out......how I miss those days!!!

at the present time this club lacks maybe not ambition but the were withall to do anything about it , the board come across has a rabbit caught in a cars headlights to scared and clueless to do anything about it.

poeple are not going to spend money watching dross thinking the club are not going anywhere except maybe sinking further down into the crap.

if this club wants the fans to return it has to put the effort in and show concrete improvement but each season that goes by now ends up being more dire than the previous one.

basically speaking the fans see very little desire , leadership and hope with this club at present. :cry:

Archived