Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Josh Low

That we did so well didn't surprise me a bit. That we self-destructed was just such an anti-climax.

:pinch:

It was a heroic performance and we didn't self-destruct. Some of the players were unfit, some of them weren't quite good enough but they all gave 100% and all made me proud to be a Leicester fan. We didn't cede territory, we were just knackered.

No he ****ing didn't, get a damn grip.

As anyone in the pub on Saturday, after the game, will testify ~ I am not Low's biggest fan...but to blame losing on one player is simply stupid.

We lost because we ran our hearts out for two hours, we harried, we pushed and we were running on empty for the last 15 minutes. No one I was sitting with expected us to get to pens because Villa were too strong towards the finish.

Low is a pretty average player and heas run out of sympathy from me...but he DID NOT cost us victory.

SPOT ON!!!!!

We all gain the foxes back into our hearts last night..... remember losing to Rotherham under levien now thats punishment not losing after 120 mins of football.

Well said Disco Bob.

I said before this game started that I didn't want to see Low or Sylla and I didn't wan to see Maybury anywhere but in his proper place.

And if Low had stayed at home we might well have won.

It was a juvenile mistake at the end. Totally, utterly unnecessary and a waste of everyone's hard work.

Henderson could have gathered the ball with ease and that would have been it til the penalties.

It was, of course, the sort of price you pay when you let wingers go defending in the penalty area, unless they are controlled ball-players like Porter.

But the reason I didn't want him was not just that he's an awful defender but that he's no bloody use as a winger.

He didn't beat his man once and everytime play developed down his side that was the end of the move. He didn't even have the sense just to retain possession.

Sylla wasn't much better. A few half decent free kicks, the odd clever touch but he's always head down, he slows every attack and he doesn't get his head up.

Like so many others I was proud, proud, proud of so many in the team and of our performance in general but these two and our tactics and substitutions defied all logic and we paid for it.

That's what makes MON who he is and that's why RK has so much to learn.

I agree with many parts of what you are saying. The problem for me about Low was his 0% effort rather than the actual quality of his play. In a game like that all you can expect and want to see is 11 players selflessly doing everything they can to win the game. I did see that until Low came on. At the end of the game, you would have though Low had been on for the whole 120 mins the way he slumped around. On the pitch, didnt contest many headers, didnt contest any tackles and hid behind the opposition when City had possesion. In my opinion he should be dropped straight away just because of his effort. I would rather have 11 Maybury's playing who gave the fans and the gaffer 100% rather than play Josh Low.

As for your final statement about MON and RK I would say MON has some learning to do himself. The strikers he played were awful and why bring Chris Sutton who was unsurprosingly pathetic. If last noght is anything to go by I could see Villa losing quite a few by the end of the season.

I think I'm going to write to Josh Low and ask him to pay for the £86 I ended up spending to get to Leicester. What a **** waste. Great entertainment for 119 minutes; what a complete and total fooking ****rag tosser. Useless.

Shoot him.

I in part agree with Disco Bob, I'm not normally a fan of scapegoats - we didn't win because we didn't score more goals than they did, but we were absolutely worthy of taking that game to penalties. We fought eleven premiership players, a great manager, a useless linesman and a two of the most inocuous (sp?) penalty decisions I've ever seen and came fighting back twice. Low was at fault for their second penalty and he was at fault for the goal - he looked a complete and total liability and his distribution was... well, what distribution?

Useless. fooking useless.

I think I'm going to write to Josh Low and ask him to pay for the £86 I ended up spending to get to Leicester. What a **** waste. Great entertainment for 119 minutes; what a complete and total fooking ****rag tosser. Useless.

Shoot him.

Seeing as the program tells us that he's halfway through a law degree, you may get short shrift. Those lawyers know a thing or two so I'm told. :D

Even by this board's standards, the vilification of Josh Low has been appalling.

Yes, he gave a goal away last night. But so did Nissa. So did McAuley. Yet the latter duo have together attracted roughly 0.001% of the flak that JL has got..

So he's out of his depth with us, But he's hardly the first to be in that position, and not likely to be the last either.

His confidence must be in bits already without fans wrecking it still further.

If we're in the business of apportioning blame, surely Rob Kelly must take his share for letting Low onto the pitch in the first place.

We should know enough about our club to accept that mistakes can and do happen.

So let's move on, and look forward to stuffing QPR on Saturday!

We're not talking about anyone else, anytime anywhere. We're talking about the shattering end to a night when we'd done so much to earn a better fate and finally threw it all away ourselves. And Kelly minutes away from being a folk hero.

Why? He was the one who put Low on the park.

Surely he should take part of the blame for any cock-ups?

As for your final statement about MON and RK I would say MON has some learning to do himself. The strikers he played were awful and why bring Chris Sutton who was unsurprosingly pathetic. If last night is anything to go by I could see Villa losing quite a few by the end of the season.

Bear in mind that Sutton hasn't played for six months. It's no surprise he looked rusty last night.

Once he's fit, he may turn out to be a useful back-up player for Villa.

He was dreadful last night and has been getting worse every game since his bright start with us for his first few games. It's time to take him out of the limelight for abit and work with him on the training ground. I think he could be ok at this level, but at the minute he's detrimental to the team.

How do you dress up the fact that he's not good enough? I've said it all along. He plays in the style of a flying winger so people have this expectation that he'll be brilliant. He's not. We are asked for player ratings and we give them. He's 27, he's not a promising youngster whose confidence will be shattered but there's no point pussy-footing around.

Even by this board's standards, the vilification of Josh Low has been appalling.

Yes, he gave a goal away last night. But so did Nissa. So did McAuley. Yet the latter duo have together attracted roughly 0.001% of the flak that JL has got..

So he's out of his depth with us, But he's hardly the first to be in that position, and not likely to be the last either.

If we're in the business of apportioning blame, surely Rob Kelly must take his share for letting Low onto the pitch in the first place.

Yes, but those were just two isolated incidents in what where otherwise excellent overall performances by the two players mentioned. Throughout the whole game I didn't see Low put in one decent cross or make one decent run - to be totally honest he didn't look bothered.

I'm sure if he had actually played well last night he would've got the credit he deserved (like Nissa and McAuley) - the point is he didn't and this is why he is getting so much stick.

The other thing about Low last night is that he was played out of position. He's the most one-footed player in the world and was asked to play on the left wing. Ridiculous decision that cost us an effective attacking player. His attempted left-footed cross that went straight out for a goal kick at the Kop end demonstrated this. Kelly should never EVER attempt to play him anywhere other than on the right wing.

The difference is that Nils and Nissa did good things too. Lots of em.

I started to wince every time Low got the ball cos it almost always signalled the end of our possession and the end of our attack.

As for Kelly being to blame, I'll mention that elsewhere but have no idea why he ws introduced to be honest.

That said, you'd think the player would be grateful and do his best to do the move justice. I'm sure he did his best and that makes his achievement even worse in some respects because it wsn't very impressive.

And a whole lot of fans seem to agree judging by the marks they gave him.

Josh Low is the player we have, we have to live with that. he wears a city shirt and it does annoy me when he's out on the field getting stick from our fans. what it is likely to achieve i don't know, kelly is going to pull out aaron lennon or someone of that calibre out of a hat because we complain? we have the squad we have and as long as they try we shouldn't get too frustrated with them.

also, Low was bought as a player who was rated quite highly, whether he is underperforming due to lack of ability for this level or lack of confidence is unclear. if we are going to dismiss him as useless purely on recent form then imagine what we could have done had fryatt started as badly as he has played this season when he originally joined us?

Josh Low is the player we have, we have to live with that. he wears a city shirt and it does annoy me when he's out on the field getting stick from our fans. what it is likely to achieve i don't know, kelly is going to pull out aaron lennon or someone of that calibre out of a hat because we complain? we have the squad we have and as long as they try we shouldn't get too frustrated with them.

also, Low was bought as a player who was rated quite highly, whether he is underperforming due to lack of ability for this level or lack of confidence is unclear. if we are going to dismiss him as useless purely on recent form then imagine what we could have done had fryatt started as badly as he has played this season when he originally joined us?

A lot of players emerge because people call for change. What do you want - everyone carrying on like Bill Anderson and saying every players plays great every game irrespective of what actually happens?.

Southampton pulled out Theo Walcott. And others burst through at times. What's the problem? Fans are forever calling for changes, new signings, loanees, miracles...

People had hardly heard of Logan and Porter before this season, and certainly not Odihambo and there's folk like Chambers, Gradel and Mattock in the wings.

If people don't perform then always deserve a chance and so it will always be. If Low's underperforming and puts himself right at some later date then no-one will complain. Nils and Tiatto have been praised only recently, look what happened with Kisnorbo.

But if a guy's not playing well it's no use pretending that he is.

But if a guy's not playing well it's no use pretending that he is.

i never said you should. you cannot slate a man for simply not being good enough or for being low on confidence. i genuinely believe if kelly thought there was a better alternative to low he would pick one, but unfortunately at the moment there isn't. so are we to give him as much stick as possible in hope that one of the young players come through next week as world beaters?

I agree with what Ric says...

Obviously last night, when I originaly posted emotions were still running high. I'm not one too slate individuals.

He should be taken out of the lime light and work hard on the training gorund and then bring him back into the squad when he is chomping at the bit.

I was proud of every one of those guys last night, I wouldn't criticize any of them; what a fabulous performance. I suspect those critics who have already spoken in this thread might be be a little more circumspect if they were talking to the team face to face. Not because you might be eating hospital food later but as a supporter who just couldn't do that to a team after such a valiant effort.

Think we've been here before with De'vries!Not his fault he's not up to the standard that we were expecting.

So what do we do then? Keep clapping and cheering when he blasts another shot/cross over the stadium? Or do we turn on the manager for picking him?. Or do we just take it up the proverbial back passage because we're loyal supporters and how dare we rock the boat. I'll remember to tell clients I work with at work that they aren't allowed to show their dismay at me when I **** them over by not doing my job properly.

So what do we do then? Keep clapping and cheering when he blasts another shot/cross over the stadium? Or do we turn on the manager for picking him?. Or do we just take it up the proverbial back passage because we're loyal supporters and how dare we rock the boat. I'll remember to tell clients I work with at work that they aren't allowed to show their dismay at me when I **** them over by not doing my job properly.

in normal jobs if you arent up to it you wouldn't last, unfortunately we can't sack our players outright for not performing as we expect. in my opinion as long as the lad keeps trying i can't see any justification in giving him any stick, kelly is the person who bought and continues to play him. would we all praise Low if upon seeing the team sheet he just said "nah, not gonna play today gaffer, don't think i am up to it"....its not his decision

in normal jobs if you arent up to it you wouldn't last, unfortunately we can't sack our players outright for not performing as we expect. in my opinion as long as the lad keeps trying i can't see any justification in giving him any stick, kelly is the person who bought and continues to play him. would we all praise Low if upon seeing the team sheet he just said "nah, not gonna play today gaffer, don't think i am up to it"....its not his decision

I'd certainly admire his honesty and thought for the team!!! :whistle::thumbup:

I'd certainly admire his honesty and thought for the team!!! :whistle::thumbup:

well you might, others would compare him to such arses as fab rav or marcelino who were never willing to put the effort in when things got tough. there are very few options that we have to put instead of low, if we did i am sure they'd at least make the bench once in a while

Archived