Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swedging

I was wrong

Sylla is the player in the current squad that I had least time for. I could never see anything good coming from him and used to groan if he was in the squad or brought on as sub.

But he has really changed his game. Before, he just used to look lazy. Maybe he still is, coz he never chases down those hopeless balls in the way that Hume does. Nor does he want to run and beat his marker. But he does play really intelligently - he looks to see where everyone is before playing a ball - which means he delivers some quality balls into the box. Even more so, perhaps, from the dead ball, for he delivers some wicked service which causes chaos amongst the opposition.

And, mostly oddly of all, his defence was quality today. Some excellent stops in dangerous areas, harassing and showing committment.

Fair play to the fella - written off pre-season but clearly grafted, worked his way into the side stage-by-stage and then delivered when given the chance.

I think he's far better than Low and welsh was awful at QPR so there isn't really anyone else at the moment but..(sorry to bring up Manderic again!!!) if he buys us surely the target in Janurary I'm sure Right mid weill be the major position to strenghten.

After the Villa match I thought exactly the same about Sylla...he's really turned things around.

The only players I have really no time for are those who are lazy or seem like they can't be arsed. He used to be both at times and now he's really changed that.

sorry i thought sylla was awful again tonight.

stil no real enthusiasm when he has the ball. only positive thing i can say is that he is getting back more and winning a few tackles.

Yeah he was getting stuck in more which is better than usual.

Looked decent last week, but tonight reverted to his bad old ways.

He could neither win nor keep the ball, although it must be said he wasn't exactly on his own with that.

Wasn't the best performance really was it. Bit hard on Stoke really they looked quite lively in the first half. Oh well poor them :thumbup:

It's the midfield again, you know your in trouble when you come away from a game thinking Danny Tiatto was the best midfielder in a blue shirt on the night. Hughes may of scored but he did little else, every time he gets the ball he looks left, then right, if there is nothing on he goes back <_< Also I swear the cheeky basted put his finger to his lips when he scored. Johnson put in some good tackles and effort but he wastes possession. and Sylla also tracked back did his piece and won a few headers but he didn't make anything and again wastes possession.

Oh well wins a win. Very happy with Hume and Mcarthys performance,

Wasn't the best performance really was it. Bit hard on Stoke really they looked quite lively in the first half. Oh well poor them :thumbup:

It's the midfield again, you know your in trouble when you come away from a game thinking Danny Tiatto was the best midfielder in a blue shirt on the night. Hughes may of scored but he did little else, every time he gets the ball he looks left, then right, if there is nothing on he goes back <_< Also I swear the cheeky basted put his finger to his lips when he scored. Johnson put in some good tackles and effort but he wastes possession. and Sylla also tracked back did his piece and won a few headers but he didn't make anything and again wastes possession.

This guy is impressing me more and more each week just his effort is incredible and he is very entertaining.

Looked decent last week, but tonight reverted to his bad old ways.

He could neither win nor keep the ball, although it must be said he wasn't exactly on his own with that.

I agree. Last night he was dreadful. He epitomised this by winning the ball in the dying seconds of the game and instead of passing it, he tried to have a little jig with the ball. He lost it and then fouled their player giving them a decent free-kick when the game would have been over had he passed it.

I was scrolling to the bottom, wondering when someone would mention what he did in injury time - thanks Ric Flair!

He had the ball in Stoke's half, could have passed it easy or dropped it into the corner but tried a bit of trickery and lost it. Didn't even seem to put much effort into the trick. Josh Low was strongly criticised after the Villa game, but at least he did try to hoof it clear in the last minute - he just messed up the hoof.

Sylla could easily have cost us two points as the team and crowd got very deflated when 5 minutes were shown on the board at the end.

I agree entirely. Although we managed a win there were some very poor performances. None of Kenton, Johnson, Hughes and Hammond would make Kelly's first-choice eleven if it wasn't for injuries/suspensions and I also believe Johansson and Sylla would not be in if we had anyone else to play there. On that basis, we should be very positive about the result - our first team would have hammered them! (If only football was so simple!!!)

Archived