Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Where will we finish

14th. I said that at the start of the season and only recently have I started to think that we'll achieve that position.

If Mandaric doesn't buy us out then 14th is the very best we'll finish IMO. Iain Hume won't be able to keep scoring at a rate of a goal a game for the rest of the season like he has been doing in the past month. Even if Fryatt regains his form, we are still piss poor in midfield and our style of play means we struggle to create masses of chances.

At first I thought 10% relegation, 80% bottom half and 10% playoffs. Then I thought that was wrong and it would be more like 18% play offs, 99% midtable and 23% relegation. Now Mandy is coming I think it is almost 110% world domination, 14% cheese burgers and 40% proof.

I agree with the bearded one.

One way to look at things...

We were probably on promotion form at the end of last season when Kelly took over. We had a blip at the start of the season for whatever reason. We are now back in some sort of form and even won on Tuesday with a pretty average display, several non-first team players and a very thin squad.

Even with our blip, we are tantalisingly close to the playoffs now - looking at the table today, just 4 extra points that we could (and perhaps should) have had by now would put us joint 6th. A bit of early season luck (or form) and three more wins would have seen us second by now.

I'm not saying we have a right to go up or that any takeover will make us promotion certainties, but I don't think we should be saying it's impossible. If the likes of Watford can get up (with Jordan Stewart in their team), there's hope for us.

No ambition?

Surely thats what the take-over is all about? :unsure:

Yes - the take-over is about ambition. Ambition on the part of potential suitors, who wish to make Leicester successful financially (which surely requires footballing success as a prerequisite).

Do you believe it's going to happen? It looks more and more like falling through as each day passes.

I think it's a bit premature to assume that:

a) the club will be Mandaric's or another big investor's by January

or

b) any potential deal will have collapsed only two days in.

So to say the deal is falling through as each day passes is a strange statement to make. I mean, the bid was placed on Wednesday. Today is Thursday. The bid has only been on the table for less than 48 hours.

I think at the minute we should all step back and let things unfold before making visionary statements about the status of the financial and ownership aspects of the club. It's far far too early to determine how this bid will unfold, if any other bids will surface, or what. There's no serious indication from the club that the proposal isn't being considered seriously, so for now there's nothing we can really comment much on.

Do you believe it's going to happen? It looks more and more like falling through as each day passes.

you always have been and always will be a pessimistic tw@

Pardon my french but maybe inject some positive bacteria into your bloodstream and dance the night away you clearly need it

We're predictable, over-cautious and unbalanced. Mid table will be an achievement. But I can see even the drive diminishing when it becomes apparent that we're going nowhere - and we would soon be under pressure then.

Our trouble is that if the spirit falters, we won't have the skill to beat the best teams or the fight to beat the strugglers.

Pity. Cos I'd much sooner Kelly had made some progress than I'd see Mainchance Milan step in and doubtless signal all change again before long - especially if he was at Sheffield to witness how we approached the game.

Archived