Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Portsmouth fans seem to be upset.........

why do they hate us?

surely not just because we beat them at their place fair and square on that waterlogged pitch.

Stems back to the 93 play-offs when we beat them.

They lost out on automatic promotion to West Ham by 1 goal, we finished light years behine in 6th.

The following Sunday 24,000 of us decamp to Forest's City ground and beat them 1-0 thanks to Julian Joachim in the last few minutes. 4,000 Pompey with the hump, bit of aggro on the Bridge and surrounding area afterwards.

The following Wednesday we bundle down there 2,000 or so. The Baby Squad dish out some mid afternoon treatment and the mood is nasty. Still they think they'll walk it and turn the deficit over. They don't we draw 2-2 and come under a hail of rocks from the back alley behind the Milton End. At the final whistle they all invade the pitch and head for our section, Police keep them at bay and then they applaud us and our lot return the gesture.

What the masses don't see at this point is the fook-off angry mob growing ever larger outside the away end or the fact the Police and stewards are doing sod all about it, then they open the gates and it's run the gaunlet time. Several injured and hospitalised and some nasty fighting for ages as City fans try to get home. Cars overturned, buses smashed up etc...

Ever since they have hated us with a passion and the feeling is mutual in my eyes, scum sucking rodents every last one of them and the tattoed gimp with the bell......... I hope he get beaten to a bloody pulp with it one day.

Oh and the fact they never beat us doesn't help the situation either, and the BS had several set-to's with them in Covent Garden over the years.

They lost out on automatic promotion to West Ham by 1 goal, we finished light years behine in 6th.

The following Sunday 24,000 of us decamp to Forest's City ground and beat them 1-0 thanks to Julian Joachim in the last few minutes. 4,000 Pompey with the hump, bit of aggro on the Bridge and surrounding area afterwards.

The following Wednesday we bundle down there 2,000 or so. The Baby Squad dish out some mid afternoon treatment and the mood is nasty. Still they think they'll walk it and turn the deficit over. They don't we draw 2-2 and come under a hail of rocks from the back alley behind the Milton End. At the final whistle they all invade the pitch and head for our section, Police keep them at bay and then they applaud us and our lot return the gesture.

What the masses don't see at this point is the fook-off angry mob growing ever larger outside the away end or the fact the Police and stewards are doing sod all about it, then they open the gates and it's run the gaunlet time. Several injured and hospitalised and some nasty fighting for ages as City fans try to get home. Cars overturned, buses smashed up etc...

Ever since they have hated us with a passion and the feeling is mutual in my eyes, scum sucking rodents every last one of them and the tattoed gimp with the bell......... I hope he get beaten to a bloody pulp with it one day.

Oh and the fact they never beat us doesn't help the situation either, and the BS had several set-to's with them in Covent Garden over the years.

I was under the impression this did happen a couple of years ago at the Walkers. Someone in L1 seemed to have his bell anyway...

we lost to them at filbo when walshie returned from injury and that bloody bell ringer was at it all through the game , i did hear a couple of lads saying they were going to get him though.

the one thing i remember most about that night is seeing the fella next to me in the kop headbutting the pen fencing over and over because we were losing :blink: must have scrambled his marbles a bit.

:clap:

....a topic of conversation maybe?, Mr Funnybollocks.

Whaoh, steady on there sparky. I was referring to the fact that I don't care what Pompey fans think of us or the MM takeover bid, I wasn't referring to the thread itself.

:)

Thanks for that, made for an interesting read. 93 was just before my time.

we lost to them at filbo when walshie returned from injury and that bloody bell ringer was at it all through the game , i did hear a couple of lads saying they were going to get him though.

the one thing i remember most about that night is seeing the fella next to me in the kop headbutting the pen fencing over and over because we were losing :blink: must have scrambled his marbles a bit.

Yeah, the bell ringing and that chap headbutting the pen fence were annoying and funny respectfully, BUT, the biggest toss*r of the evening was the sparky who fixed the floodlights when they went off at half-time - whilst we were 3-0 down ! :mad:

However, Walshie returning was good for us !! :cool:

I was at that game :cry: I guess they got their own back slightly when we bottled it to finish second under Micky Love and they went up as Champions.

The history with Pompey goes back further than 1993. Way back in 1949 They had one of the best sides in the country and l believe they won the league that year. They met us in the semi finals of the FA Cup and we beat them with Don Revie playing a blinder (apparently).

They get arsed as they would probably have won the double and gone down in history, and we were near the bottom of the old second div at the time!

In truth they went into decline after that period and still play in the same old ground. Don't you find it rich when you read their message board how they think they are a big club now after a short spell in the Prem and their highest league position since George Formby topped the charts!

Archived