Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Portsmouth fans seem to be upset.........

Stems back to the 93 play-offs when we beat them.

They lost out on automatic promotion to West Ham by 1 goal, we finished light years behine in 6th.

The following Sunday 24,000 of us decamp to Forest's City ground and beat them 1-0 thanks to Julian Joachim in the last few minutes. 4,000 Pompey with the hump, bit of aggro on the Bridge and surrounding area afterwards.

The following Wednesday we bundle down there 2,000 or so. The Baby Squad dish out some mid afternoon treatment and the mood is nasty. Still they think they'll walk it and turn the deficit over. They don't we draw 2-2 and come under a hail of rocks from the back alley behind the Milton End. At the final whistle they all invade the pitch and head for our section, Police keep them at bay and then they applaud us and our lot return the gesture.

What the masses don't see at this point is the fook-off angry mob growing ever larger outside the away end or the fact the Police and stewards are doing sod all about it, then they open the gates and it's run the gaunlet time. Several injured and hospitalised and some nasty fighting for ages as City fans try to get home. Cars overturned, buses smashed up etc...

Ever since they have hated us with a passion and the feeling is mutual in my eyes, scum sucking rodents every last one of them and the tattoed gimp with the bell......... I hope he get beaten to a bloody pulp with it one day.

Oh and the fact they never beat us doesn't help the situation either, and the BS had several set-to's with them in Covent Garden over the years.

Yeah, remember the match quite well, a few of the BS that lived in the area (I live on narborough road, near to the ground), warned us before hand, and told us not to go out that night, unless we fancied having a go!!

Before the game the atmosphere was fine, but my dads car windows were smashed after the game, a massive ruck was happening in our local (The Western) and spilled onto our street!!!

Yeah, remember the match quite well, a few of the BS that lived in the area (I live on narborough road, near to the ground), warned us before hand, and told us not to go out that night, unless we fancied having a go!!

Before the game the atmosphere was fine, but my dads car windows were smashed after the game, a massive ruck was happening in our local (The Western) and spilled onto our street!!!

But wasn't this game away at Portsmouth or are you talking about on the day of the home leg at Forest's ground? Did they all pile back over Leics after for a rumble?

But wasn't this game away at Portsmouth or are you talking about on the day of the home leg at Forest's ground? Did they all pile back over Leics after for a rumble?

I think it was the home game, at the time, behind the western pub there was a massive scrap metal yard which is the area around Quay bar etc, alot of the planned rumbles used to happen there!!! The Western pub used to be a BS pub, and alot of away fans used to go there for a rumble!! Even now, even thought the Western is about a rough as a babies bottom, away fans go in there expecting a fight!!!!!

I can go back even further than the 93 play off (which was a bit hellish afterwards, it has to be said). 1970 when we won the League under O'Farrell. Last game of the season was at Pooroldpompey. We won 2-1 and loads of Leicester were there. We just marched into their kop and took it over - without a fight! Glory days.

Stems back to the 93 play-offs when we beat them.

They lost out on automatic promotion to West Ham by 1 goal, we finished light years behine in 6th.

The following Sunday 24,000 of us decamp to Forest's City ground and beat them 1-0 thanks to Julian Joachim in the last few minutes. 4,000 Pompey with the hump, bit of aggro on the Bridge and surrounding area afterwards.

The following Wednesday we bundle down there 2,000 or so. The Baby Squad dish out some mid afternoon treatment and the mood is nasty. Still they think they'll walk it and turn the deficit over. They don't we draw 2-2 and come under a hail of rocks from the back alley behind the Milton End. At the final whistle they all invade the pitch and head for our section, Police keep them at bay and then they applaud us and our lot return the gesture.

What the masses don't see at this point is the fook-off angry mob growing ever larger outside the away end or the fact the Police and stewards are doing sod all about it, then they open the gates and it's run the gaunlet time. Several injured and hospitalised and some nasty fighting for ages as City fans try to get home. Cars overturned, buses smashed up etc...

Ever since they have hated us with a passion and the feeling is mutual in my eyes, scum sucking rodents every last one of them and the tattoed gimp with the bell......... I hope he get beaten to a bloody pulp with it one day.

Oh and the fact they never beat us doesn't help the situation either, and the BS had several set-to's with them in Covent Garden over the years.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone remember L1 singing:

"Ran from the circus,

We heard you ran from the circus"

to that guy when we last played them in the Prem. Bloody Hilarious! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone remember L1 singing:

"Ran from the circus,

We heard you ran from the circus"

to that guy when we last played them in the Prem. Bloody Hilarious! :D

he changed his name so it includes "portsmouth football club" in it, what a gimp. he is their bernie really, at least bernie isnt that bad!!

It's only cos we always beat them. Most of them aren't bothered anyway...

Posted by MattPFC2005 on 31 Oct 17:32 Complain | Reply

re: Do you have a problem with Milan buying Leicester ? ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES.

Of course in a free society how Mandaric spends his money is a matter for him.

But I find a number of things rather curious.

Firstly can't he do better than Leicester? Everybody knows about that club: up, down, up, down- the archetypical yo-yo club. Nothing will change with them. They have never been champions of England.He wouldn't be reviving a sleeping giant.

He would be going to a club that in the short-term if he got them up would be a threat to us. Is he aware about that or happy about it?- he professes such love of Pompey. (Long-term if Leicester are a threat to us then ye gods...)

And if he isn't happy about our reaction to going to Leicester then he shows an ignorance of Pompey's history. A club that denied us a league and cup double and a place in the Premiership (play-offs) a decade before we did make it. A bogey side and a disliked side.

But why Leicester? If he went to Plymouth he would be giving Holloway the chance to make history; Plymouth- and Hull- are the two largest cities never to have a top-flight side. If he went to Bournemouth out of altruism (not profit) he could make history. To me, Leicester are UNDESERVING.

(The contents of this post were edited on 31 Oct 17:39)

[iP address logged]

From the pfc message board!

Posted by MattPFC2005 on 31 Oct 17:32 Complain | Reply

re: Do you have a problem with Milan buying Leicester ? ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES.

Of course in a free society how Mandaric spends his money is a matter for him.

But I find a number of things rather curious.

Firstly can't he do better than Leicester? Everybody knows about that club: up, down, up, down- the archetypical yo-yo club. 1Nothing will change with them. They have never been champions of England.He wouldn't be reviving a sleeping giant.

He would be going to a club that in the short-term 2if he got them up would be a threat to us. Is he aware about that or happy about it?- he professes such love of Pompey. (Long-term if Leicester are a threat to us then ye gods...)

And if he isn't happy about our reaction to going to Leicester 3then he shows an ignorance of Pompey's history. A club that denied us a league and cup double and a place in the Premiership (play-offs) a decade before we did make it. A bogey side and a disliked side.

But why Leicester? If he went to Plymouth he would be giving Holloway the chance to make history; Plymouth- and Hull- are the two largest cities never to have a top-flight side. If he went to Bournemouth out of altruism (not profit) he could make history. To me, Leicester are4 UNDESERVING. (The contents of this post were edited on 31 Oct 17:39)

[iP address logged]

From the pfc message board!

1. A bit of cash might make a difference eh pompey eh eh

2. A bit of a contradiction eh dickwad

3. You had feck all history apart from crap until he came and saved yer ass

4. TWAT!

4. TWAT!

Well said that man!!!

4. TWAT!

Did you miss the bit about winning the League back in the black & white days??? :blink:

lcfc fans

City fans have arrived on the Pompey messageboard(although it doesn't matter it's........quite funny!)

:D

A teeny bit. Surprising number of people there unconvinced by Mandaric, though. 'the dotty Serb', 'lies about transfers'. 'getting him to part with his money', 'couldn't afford the premiership' etc. etc.

Archived