Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Worst chant ive ever heard.

I'm a bit of a lurker usually but some of what people on here are saying really rattled me up.

At least these lads are f**king trying to get some decent atmosphere, if the songs aint original or particularly clever than theyre still better than having no songs at all. It's a football match for f**ks sake, do you really wanna stand around in silence?!

If you think the songs are sh**, then start your own one. It's an easy solution. Will most of you ever do that? No, youre quite happily stand around in silence most of the time, reminiscing about how good the atmosphere at filbo was and occassionally you might join in with one of the favourites.

An example is things like this....

Stand up if you love Leicester - When the whole of Filbert Street (excluding the away end) stood as we were being relegated by Manure, in our last season at that stadium, it brought a lump to my throught, and tears on top of my tears.

It has never been the same since. Give it up.

What so youre not prepared to join in which creating a bit of atmosphere unless the WHOLE of the stadium is doing it at a poignant moment in the club's history?!

What sh**, the only way the whole of the stadium is ever going to do it again at a moment like that, is if people actually join in now so the few people left actually trying to start songs and whatnot don't get fed up with everyone looking at them like a leper for singing, standing or swearing at a football match and leave you miserable lot in peace.

Don't just blame the walkers blah blah blah, it's what you make it. Do you're bit.

I'm a bit of a lurker usually but some of what people on here are saying really rattled me up.

At least these lads are f**king trying to get some decent atmosphere, if the songs aint original or particularly clever than theyre still better than having no songs at all. It's a football match for f**ks sake, do you really wanna stand around in silence?!

If you think the songs are sh**, then start your own one. It's an easy solution. Will most of you ever do that? No, youre quite happily stand around in silence most of the time, reminiscing about how good the atmosphere at filbo was and occassionally you might join in with one of the favourites.

What so youre not prepared to join in which creating a bit of atmosphere unless the WHOLE of the stadium is doing it at a poignant moment in the club's history?!

What sh**, the only way the whole of the stadium is ever going to do it again at a moment like that, is if people actually join in now so the few people left actually trying to start songs and whatnot don't get fed up with everyone looking at them like a leper for singing, standing or swearing at a football match and leave you miserable lot in peace.

Don't just blame the walkers blah blah blah, it's what you make it. Do you're bit.

You haven't got a clue. You really haven't. You have totally missed the point.

By the way, "your" not "you're".

By the way, "your" not "you're".

I guess you wrote that not because you geniunely care that I should improve my English but to try and belittle me. Fortunately, I really couldn't care less about whether my grammar is top-notch. I guess I really am one of those uneducated types that sings songs at football matches.

I completely missed the point? The point of this thread seems to be - This song is sh**, its embarrassing when they sing it. Which is the point I think I responded to.

Sit not stand.

Youre right on though :thumbup:

Any noise is better than non.

I guess you wrote that not because you geniunely care that I should improve my English but to try and belittle me. Fortunately, I really couldn't care less about whether my grammar is top-notch. I guess I really am one of those uneducated types that sings songs at football matches.

I completely missed the point? The point of this thread seems to be - This song is sh**, its embarrassing when they sing it. Which is the point I think I responded to.

You don't need me to belittle you, you are doing a grand job yourself. I happen to think good grammar and spelling is something to be proud of, but I guess that's a generation thing.

Firstly, you say you're a lurker. I take it you don't get to read all threads, so you don't really have any idea what individual posters are like off of the forums. Bearing that in mind, making sweeping generalisations is not a sensible thing to do. As they like to say on Jeremy Kyle's show "you don't know me".

Secondly, you quote MY post, and make inferences whilst not understanding what the point of that particular post was about. I don't really want to have to spell it out to you. I wouldn't want to belittle you.

Thirdly, what is wrong with reminiscing? Does missing spontaneity and wit make me a bad supporter? Is it any wonder people don't join in any more?

Fourthly, you obviously missed my comment regarding a chant at Leeds when having a pop.

Fifthly, you obviously missed my comment regarding song sheets to try to improve the atmosphere when having a pop.

I would like to go on, but I can't be arsed.

I look forward to your response.

Thirdly, what is wrong with reminiscing? Does missing spontaneity and wit make me a bad supporter? Is it any wonder people don't join in any more?

Nothing is wrong with reminiscing. We all do it at some time but you constantly do it, its rather anoying.

Claiming that "we love you leicester" etc are crap chants becasue someone else has song them is pathetic, at least you are suggesting improvements unlike half the wayne kerrs of here.

Nothing is wrong with reminiscing. We all do it at some time but you constantly do it, its rather anoying.

Claiming that "we love you leicester" etc are crap chants becasue someone else has song them is pathetic, at least you are suggesting improvements unlike half the wayne kerrs of here.

Constantly? Yeah, I'm always banging on about it..... :rolleyes:

As for the identkit chants, all I'm saying is they lack imagination.

It's that one in particular, "stand up if you love Leicester" It was good once but I don't particularly want to stand up every five minutes as the stewards tend to get a bit arsey. Also I don't think it's very pleasant for the person behind me who's view im obstructing.

I try to join in with most normal chants but there is a reason why "Monday, Tuesday, who the fook are Wednesday" didn't catch on, that being it's shite.

I also personal can not stand it when we sing "small town in Norwhich/Ipswitch/Barnsley" It's not funny, it's not original, it's not getting behind the team, in fact it's pretty useless.

Also he who thinks he is surrounded by wankers, is normally the willy puller himself.

It's that one in particular, "stand up if you love Leicester" It was good once but I don't particularly want to stand up every five minutes as the stewards tend to get a bit arsey. Also I don't think it's very pleasant for the person behind me who's view im obstructing.

I try to join in with most normal chants but there is a reason why "Monday, Tuesday, who the fook are Wednesday" didn't catch on, that being it's shite.

I also personal can not stand it when we sing "small town in Norwhich/Ipswitch/Barnsley" It's not funny, it's not original, it's not getting behind the team, in fact it's pretty useless.

Also he who thinks he is surrounded by wankers, is normally the willy puller himself.

:worship:

Seeing as I will be slated for raising this, not you, I may as well add my thoughts on this one anyway.

"Small town in Arsenal" - that was a particularly low point for me. Embarrassing does not come close.

Seeing as I will be slated for raising this, not you, I may as well add my thoughts on this one anyway.

"Small town in Arsenal" - that was a particularly low point for me. Embarrassing does not come close.

lol brilliant! :doh:

lol brilliant! :doh:

I know, but I'll no doubt be a prawn sarnie munching quasi-footie fan who should be out shopping or watching the Tiggers, not ruining the game for everyone else by sitting in stern silence, just by bringing it up..

I know, but I'll no doubt be a prawn sarnie munching quasi-footie fan who should be out shopping or watching the Tiggers, not ruining the game for everyone else by sitting in stern silence, just by bringing it up..

Grrr I love it when yer angry! :D

I find the new extendable tray in the Range Rover absolutely ideal for putting your prawn garlic dip on, while listening to the game on Radio Leicester. With the heating on and the comfy seats it is almost like being at the stadium itself.

And it is wonderfully sound proofed.

You don't need me to belittle you, you are doing a grand job yourself. I happen to think good grammar and spelling is something to be proud of, but I guess that's a generation thing.

Firstly, you say you're a lurker. I take it you don't get to read all threads, so you don't really have any idea what individual posters are like off of the forums. Bearing that in mind, making sweeping generalisations is not a sensible thing to do. As they like to say on Jeremy Kyle's show "you don't know me".

Secondly, you quote MY post, and make inferences whilst not understanding what the point of that particular post was about. I don't really want to have to spell it out to you. I wouldn't want to belittle you.

Fourthly, you obviously missed my comment regarding a chant at Leeds when having a pop.

Fifthly, you obviously missed my comment regarding song sheets to try to improve the atmosphere when having a pop.

I would like to go on, but I can't be arsed.

I look forward to your response.

I love it when people try to pick up on the grammer of other posts only to get it wrong themselves. The word you were looking for is "First".....

I love it when people try to pick up on the grammer of other posts only to get it wrong themselves. The word you were looking for is "First".....

nicely re-signed up under another username :whistle:

I love it when people try to revel in schadenfreude, only to be hoisted by their own petard.

One can use 'first' or 'firstly', as long as the enumeration remains constant through the piece of writing.

One source of many

nicely re-signed up under another username :whistle:

Sadly not - I'm just THAT bored at work that I thought I'd waste a couple of minutes to point out the irony of Lisa's correction (Although if Disco Bob is correct, I'd best start looking for a new job as I've been getting that one wrong for years!!!!) :blush:

Sadly not - I'm just THAT bored at work that I thought I'd waste a couple of minutes to point out the irony of Lisa's correction (Although if Disco Bob is correct, I'd best start looking for a new job as I've been getting that one wrong for years!!!!) :blush:

As long as you are not a teacher, Im not too worried. :rolleyes:

If?

IF? :angry:

first or firstly

Either can be used to begin a list, or to introduce a series of questions or statements: I have two questions. First, do we need it? Second, can we afford it?; Firstly, we must have it. Secondly, we've got plenty of money. Whichever you choose, be consistent: first should be followed by second, third, firstly by secondly, thirdly, and so on.

© From the Hutchinson Encyclopaedia

If?

IF? :angry:

© From the Hutchinson Encyclopaedia

Yes, if....I'd not realised that it was OK to use firstly, as I'd always been instructed to change "firstly" to "first" in any work that I'd done, although that might just be a peculiarity of the legal profession I guess!!!!

No offense intended!!! :(

Archived