Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Not looking good

Am I the only one thinking City will do really well to win against Plymouth tomorrow?

The game marks the return of Ian Holloway the man given his "gardening leave" because of his interest in being City's manager and you can guarantee he'll fancy the chance to put one over us as a consequence.

He'll have his team wound up to capacity and it doesn't help that Plymouth are an unfancied side - another of the Colchester/Hull types who we're always supposed to beat but don't quite manage to.

Another scrap seems a certainty - and after a long think about expansive football Kelly's sure to pick the best battlers he can find. One-nil to Plymouth seems a horrible possibility.

Am I the only one thinking City will do really well to win against Plymouth tomorrow?

The game marks the return of Ian Holloway the man given his "gardening leave" because of his interest in being City's manager and you can guarantee he'll fancy the chance to put one over us as a consequence.

He'll have his team wound up to capacity and it doesn't help that Plymouth are an unfancied side - another of the Colchester/Hull types who we're always supposed to beat but don't quite manage to.

Another scrap seems a certainty - and after a long think about expansive football Kelly's sure to pick the best battlers he can find. One-nil to Plymouth seems a horrible possibility.

Agreed, I know alot of people on this forum have a negative opinion of Holloway, I for one think he has done a great job. He has given the Plymouth side, real believe and spirit, they do not fear anyone and will come to city and try and win!!!

I did see a write up by a Plymouth fan stating how surprised he was at how Holloway had them playing.

Sure they were still full of passion and agression, no problem with that but that they actually go out and play football attacking at both home and away with very little sign of all the histrionics that were a hallmark of his regime at QPR.

I'm mildly optimistic that we might see a decent game of footy provided RK doesn't have 4 out and out defenders across the midfield.

I did see a write up by a Plymouth fan stating how surprised he was at how Holloway had them playing.

Sure they were still full of passion and agression, no problem with that but that they actually go out and play football attacking at both home and away with very little sign of all the histrionics that were a hallmark of his regime at QPR.

I'm mildly optimistic that we might see a decent game of footy provided RK doesn't have 4 out and out defenders across the midfield.

Sounds like he's learned the error of his ways and seems to be doing better for it... :whistle:

It's quite embarrassing to see two managers we were heavily linked with last season doing really well with their unfashionable sides. Most of our fans on here didn't want either of them. Holloway has got Plymouth playing excellent football with a squad of players much worse than ours and they are in and around the play-offs. The other chap who the fans didn't want for his style of management was Steve Cotterill. Who has got Burnley on course for an automatic promotion place if they keep up their form. Considering he was classed as a defensive manager, he now plays 3 strikers in his starting line-up. Steve Jones, Andy Gray and Gifton Noel-Williams. Not bad for a manager we didn't want due to his negative style.

It's quite embarrassing to see two managers we were heavily linked with last season doing really well with their unfashionable sides. Most of our fans on here didn't want either of them. Holloway has got Plymouth playing excellent football with a squad of players much worse than ours and they are in and around the play-offs. The other chap who the fans didn't want for his style of management was Steve Cotterill. Who has got Burnley on course for an automatic promotion place if they keep up their form. Considering he was classed as a defensive manager, he now plays 3 strikers in his starting line-up. Steve Jones, Andy Gray and Gifton Noel-Williams. Not bad for a manager we didn't want due to his negative style.

To be honest i could see one or the other being the City manager should Milan takeover the club and their current teams not win promotion... in the medium to long term i cant see Milan sticking with RK, in the short term sure but Rk doesnt seem likley to get the results we need or fashion the team in an astute manner.

To be honest i could see one or the other being the City manager should Milan takeover the club and their current teams not win promotion... in the medium to long term i cant see Milan sticking with RK, in the short term sure but Rk doesnt seem likley to get the results we need or fashion the team in an astute manner.

I blame the board

I hav never heard so much rubbish in my life, last year we were shambolic at your place, wer'e a completely different team now. our midifield is way way better than yours, and we have the most underrated 2 cb's in the league. Seip and doumbe will have ur strikers in their pockets all afternoon. tony capaldi at left back, n ireland international. The raw pace and strength of ebanks blake and hayles. You'll be surprised, but we're a better team than you think if you think our players are much worse than yours, if anything I think you'll fund it's the other way round.

cheers mate, but had we not had such a poor start we would be near you. Our strikers have the potential to be the two best in the division. I agree Calpaldi is a very good player but Hayles, give me a break you were the only club that wanted him. as for your underated defense if that is anyone it's us, McCarthy, Kisnorbo and McCauley are all excellent players who would all walk into your side.

I hav never heard so much rubbish in my life, last year we were shambolic at your place, wer'e a completely different team now. our midifield is way way better than yours, and we have the most underrated 2 cb's in the league. Seip and doumbe will have ur strikers in their pockets all afternoon. tony capaldi at left back, n ireland international. The raw pace and strength of ebanks blake and hayles. You'll be surprised, but we're a better team than you think if you think our players are much worse than yours, if anything I think you'll fund it's the other way round.

I wasn't beind rude about your team, infact I was complimenting them on the way they've played this season. What I was saying is that on paper your team doesn't look that strong and your under-rated. Like you've just said yourself. I think we're in for a very hard match, your not in and around the play-offs for no reason. Holloway has learned from his mistakes at QPR and has you playing decent football, something I wish I could say about Leicester.

All fans are slightly biased towards their own team. For example you probably haven't heard of Wesolowski, Kisnorbo, Stearman or Logan. Yet all 4 of them are quality players. I suppose you know about Hume and Fryatt.

Should be a good game. I still expect us to win, being at home like.

I hav never heard so much rubbish in my life, last year we were shambolic at your place, wer'e a completely different team now. our midifield is way way better than yours, and we have the most underrated 2 cb's in the league. Seip and doumbe will have ur strikers in their pockets all afternoon. tony capaldi at left back, n ireland international . The raw pace and strength of ebanks blake and hayles. You'll be surprised, but we're a better team than you think if you think our players are much worse than yours, if anything I think you'll fund it's the other way round.

I see your point and I'm a big fan of Tony Capaldi, I will be even more so when we use Manadarics money to buy him, but come on, NI international .... that means fu ck all and you know it lol.

stearman is quality , wesolowski ok, fryatt and hume (on their day) are good (hume and fryatt only ever seems to spark to life for about 5 games then he goes dead for the rest of the season doesne he?)

barry hayles is sooooooooo good, wait til u see him tomoz, youll change your mind.

your cb's would never ever walk into your side, not those donkeys (although ive heard good reports about kisnorbo). Seip and doumbe are better, (seip has also played regular dutch and uefa cup football)(over 100 appearances for heerenveen).

ps. just cause were out of the map a little bit or maybe dont even wear white boots.... doenst mean our players rnt as good as yours, most people seem to not know our team, whereas most people prob know your team (for the wrong reasons), get to know our players more cas were still in the same division. Weve got some prem players here, but never sell, cas people seem to know nothing about our team. i suppose i dont mind, just annoying when i see commnets like walking into our team.

just because our players are not bigged up for a fine game, doesnt mean they're not as good as your players. Prime example was when we beat coventry at their place 1-0, first team in what 32 games???yep.

We got the smallest article in the news of the world. If that was leicester I suppose kisnorbo would have been dubbed the next fabio cannavaro or something!! You get where I'm coming from though?

stearman is quality , wesolowski ok, fryatt and hume (on their day) are good (hume and fryatt only ever seems to spark to life for about 5 games then he goes dead for the rest of the season doesne he?)

barry hayles is sooooooooo good, wait til u see him tomoz, youll change your mind.

your cb's would never ever walk into your side, not those donkeys (although ive heard good reports about kisnorbo). Seip and doumbe are better, (seip has also played regular dutch and uefa cup football)(over 100 appearances for heerenveen).

ps. just cause were out of the map a little bit or maybe dont even wear white boots.... doenst mean our players rnt as good as yours, most people seem to not know our team, whereas most people prob know your team (for the wrong reasons), get to know our players more cas were still in the same division. Weve got some prem players here, but never sell, cas people seem to know nothing about our team. i suppose i dont mind, just annoying when i see commnets like walking into our team.

Oh dear someone has a inferiority complex.

Half our squads played UEFA cup football with Hearts pal, Humes has scored than the magnficent Barry Hayles (and Hume did it without the aid of a zimmer frame :thumbup: ) , and Fryatt has scored as many as Sylvan Ebanks Blake, both have played fewer games so don't give me that one in five games shit.

You've had a okish start to the season but don't get ideas above you station, like most football supporters you greatly over estimate the abilty of your team, and your going nowhere any time soon as the Championship is probabley about as far a club like Plymouth could go. I would expect to turn a team like you over tomorrow. But even if we don't I wont be to arsed seeing as we have a buy out and a future to look forward to, and you have Barry Hayles :thumbup:.

Oh dear someone has a inferiority complex.

Half our squads played UEFA cup football with Hearts pal, Humes has scored than the magnficent Barry Hayles (and Hume did it without the aid of a zimmer frame :thumbup: ) , and Fryatt has scored as many as Sylvan Ebanks Blake, both have played fewer games so don't give me that one in five games shit.

You've had a okish start to the season but don't get ideas above you station, like most football supporters you greatly over estimate the abilty of your team, and your going nowhere any time soon as the Championship is probabley about as far a club like Plymouth could go. I would expect to turn a team like you over tomorrow. But even if we don't I wont be to arsed seeing as we have a buy out and a future to look forward to, and you have Barry Hayles :thumbup:.

who in your team played for hearts that will be in your first 11 tomorrow? lmfao.

Sylvan Ebanks Blake is better than fryatt, he's still adapting to the league after a couple years of reserve team football. I know the pair of them better than any of you here do ( because like i said it's likely that plymouth fans know leicester team better than leciester fans know plymouth team) (because of coverage etc.) I think iain hume is quality, and I still think overall we're a better side than you. I really do.

I'm not afraid. :)

I'm certainly not worried about this supposed 'history' thing you bring up.

Holloway got himself some gardening leave - rightly or wrongly - and his flowers looked all the better for it. I can't recall him saying anything negative about what happened. Besides, didn't the QPR guy want him gone for the longest of times?

He's at Plymouth now, and he's doing well for himself. He lost none of his pay packet while on gardening leave, and he soon found himself another job. Why would he hold a grudge against us? :|

I think this has all been overplayed just a little too much. ;)

There's no reason at all we can't win this game, and there's no reason to think Plymouth will be going at us any harder than any other team they visit this year.

I'm not afraid. :)

I'm certainly not worried about this supposed 'history' thing you bring up.

Holloway got himself some gardening leave - rightly or wrongly - and his flowers looked all the better for it. I can't recall him saying anything negative about what happened. Besides, didn't the QPR guy want him gone for the longest of times?

He's at Plymouth now, and he's doing well for himself. He lost none of his pay packet while on gardening leave, and he soon found himself another job. Why would he hold a grudge against us? :|

I think this has all been overplayed just a little too much. ;)

There's no reason at all we can't win this game, and there's no reason to think Plymouth will be going at us any harder than any other team they visit this year.

I agree, Hayles is pants, Nalis is poor, and Chadwick is rubbish.....

Holloway who??

leicester 5 - 0 plymouth argyle..... no.

the last time we let in 5 goals welll........ agesssss.

We had the 4th best defensive record last year, for a bottom half side.

If leicester can score 5 goals past us let alone anyone else, ur like tony pulis' second team, then I am worth 500 billion pounds.

your team are overrated and overpaid. FACT. ( may do with wearing white boots i dunno)

nalis is not poor, admit chadders is hopeless, barry hayles will be head and shoulders the best player on the park tomorrow.

Serously what is in your team, you got fryatt who'll never make the grade cas hes a pussy. He's like stewart downing. You got hume who will be outstanding for 8 games in a row, then will be worthless forthe rest of the year. Stearman looks a prospect, ummmmm run out of players, whose your widmen that you own at your club? Momo sylla is it not???!!!!!!!!!!! lmao.

Archived