Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Conrad Logan

I know that some people will disagree with me but I really think that Rob should drop Logan and put Henderson back in goal again.. the only good thing about Logan is his kicking I think.

But bring back Henderson!!

I think at least 90% of people would say that Logan is the first choice keeper without a doubt now! Ive lost count of the number of great saves he's made thats won us points and cant think of any faults he's made thats resulted in a goal, or even any goal conceeded that he perhaps should have done better with!

I think he could have done better with a couple of the goals he has conceded since he was installed as 1st choice keeper. But he's a young lad and still learning his trade, and in my opinion can only get better with each game he plays. He makes very important saves, especially when one-on-one, not to mention the fact that his kicks are massive and he commands his area better than Hendo.

I think at least 90% of people would say that Logan is the first choice keeper without a doubt now! Ive lost count of the number of great saves he's made thats won us points and cant think of any faults he's made thats resulted in a goal, or even any goal conceeded that he perhaps should have done better with!

Henderson can make great saves too and Logan has looked a little shaky on crosses (just like Hendo and Rab) but he seems the most passionate out of the three and seems to care the most about the club which does count for something in my opinion.

Henderson can make great saves too and Logan has looked a little shaky on crosses (just like Hendo and Rab) but he seems the most passionate out of the three and seems to care the most about the club which does count for something in my opinion.

He's been here something like 10 seasons hasn't he?

He's been here something like 10 seasons hasn't he?

Not quite but I remember watching him in the youth team back in 2002 so he's been here a fair while. He's always been a vocal player on the pitch and he hasn't been shy with his emotions. Sheffield Wednesday away the other weekend was a prime example.

Not quite but I remember watching him in the youth team back in 2002 so he's been here a fair while. He's always been a vocal player on the pitch and he hasn't been shy with his emotions. Sheffield Wednesday away the other weekend was a prime example.

Coulda sworn in an interview for LCWorld a couple of months back he said 9 or 10 seasons. :ph34r:

Perhaps I'm imagining things. :P

Edit: Apparently so, he joined in 2000 according to the OS. ;)

Logan is hopefully here for the long haul, we need to give him as many games as possible to accelerate his learning curve.

If he delivers the goods and demonstrates over the next 9 months or so that he's got what it takes then we've got ourselves a bargain, if after that time he shows he's not good enough to accompany us into the Premier :P the experience gained will increase his value.

Everyone knows what Hendo & Rab are worth.

I know that some people will disagree with me but I really think that Rob should drop Logan and put Henderson back in goal again.. the only good thing about Logan is his kicking I think.

henderson is a worse keeper, simply put, conrad is the best of the 3

When was the last time Conrad had a howler?

He has done nothing wrong to deserve to be dropped.

exactly i for 1 feel far more confident with conrad in goal and he's more commanding then hendo and quicker in movement then rab, yes he'll make mistakes but he's only 20 ffs

henderson is a worse keeper, simply put, conrad is the best of the 3

exactly i for 1 feel far more confident with conrad in goal and he's more commanding then hendo and quicker in movement then rab, yes he'll make mistakes but he's only 20 ffs

And he throws the ball out rather than kicking it more often that either Hendo or Rab

Why's that?. Exactly what did he do wrong?. He punched one cross because that was the only sensible way to deal with the ball considering the posse of players in front of him. Otherwise he hardly had anything to do but did it soundly without the slightest fuss.

I wasn't entirely sure about Logan to begin with but I think he's been pretty steady in most matches he's played for us. I can't think of a time -although I'm sure someone will point one out- when a Rab-esque howler or being reluctant to come off his line, which seemed to be one of Henderson's main problems, has cost us a goal.

I say stick with him, he's certainly the best we've got

I think the pipes must be playing in your head dannyboy.

What the **** has Logan done wrong for you to be considering this thread? There are many players on the park that aren't good enough or simply aren't pulling their weight...Logan isn't one of them.

Did Henderson have any reason to be dropped <_<

Henderson has shown himself to be an excellent shot stopper. But he lacks a certain presence as a goalkeeper and his kicking and distribution, although improved, was decidedly iffy.

If a judgement has to be made I'd say Logan has more presence and a better kick although Logan needs to continue working hard on his distribution - both for accuracy and speed.

I always saw Henderson more as a reliable understudy than first choice and I see no reason why he shouldn't continue in that role if he's happy with his terms.

I much prefer Henderson because, as you all say, Logan is young - too young to be a regular first teamer. Send him out on loan and maybe in a few seasons he'll definitely be ready.

Logan is really poor when it comes to scrappy goals and goal mouth scrambes and stuff like that but at least with Henderson you could always guarantee that he would more often than not produce some brilliance and pull off a magnificent save. Henderson also commands the area a lot better and the players seem to have more confidence in Henderson - when Logan screams for the ball the defence would rather put it into touch than pass back but with Henderson they'd ALWAYS pass back (except for nils-eric johansson who is just pants anyway!)

So that is my main reasons.

"Logan is young - too young to be a regular first teamer"

I think this might be an attitude problem at Leicester, what's wrong with being young. What happened to if you're good enough then you're old enough? He's the best keeper at the club at the moment and why count his age against him. I assume when RK picks him he takes experience into account and, that little thing most of us don't see, training!

Archived