Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SydneyFC

Weso...

Weso is still on the treatment table and was pushing for a place in yesterday's match squad, but it came too soon for him and he is preparing himself for Derby.. I'd rate him at 50/50.

Hopefully he doesn't get too many more injuries, it'd be sad to see him ruined like that before he has a chance to shine.

He looked chirpy enough at the Academy match. I'm never sure if Kelly's being justifiably cautious with him or whether he uses the situation as another excuse to keep his pals in the team.

Even if he returns fit though Kelly will still have a problem because he wants to use Hughes and Tiatto, not to mention Stearman and that's far too negative.

Truth is we have too many of the wrong players and not enough of the right ones. The squad is too big and RK doesn't seem prepared to make decisions which might make him unpopular with his senior players.

He looked chirpy enough at the Academy match. I'm never sure if Kelly's being justifiably cautious with him or whether he uses the situation as another excuse to keep his pals in the team.

Even if he returns fit though Kelly will still have a problem because he wants to use Hughes and Tiatto, not to mention Stearman and that's far too negative.

Truth is we have too many of the wrong players and not enough of the right ones. The squad is too big and RK doesn't seem prepared to make decisions which might make him unpopular with his senior players.

But it's fine when your pals get selected. :rolleyes:

Our squad is too big!?

Yesterday we apparently only had 16 fit professional players! If our squad was smaller we wouldn't be able to field a team. Or it would be a team of 15 year olds, which you'd probably love, but would see us do worse.

What is your problem?

I seem to remember even Kelly remarked on it once...it's far too big even considering our unusual spate of injuries lately.

If we had to pick a team today, here's the choice, given that Weso and O'Grady are back training:

Douglas, Maybury, Kisorbo, McAuley, McCarthy, Hughes, Hume, Tiatto, Fryatt, Henderson, Low, Stearman, Hammond, O'Grady, Wesolowski, Sylla, Welsh, Logan, Porter. That's 19. It's only our own fault that Dodds is unavailable which would make 20. Gradel's got a squad number and Andy King could slot in anytime. So 22 to pick from - or two complete teams if our squad were properly balanced.

On top I doubt I doubt that Sheehan, Johnson or Kenton are particularly long term injuries. With no reserve side to speak of it's too many. And that is shown in the problems we're having keeping all of them fit.

At least three of those players could be shed and probably four of the remaining squad would need replacing to give us any chance of success this year.

Twenty/21 decent players is plenty and much easier to keep harmonious. A couple of Academy names could be listed for emergency cover such as Odhiambo and Lycett, who's there anyway.

I seem to remember even Kelly remarked on it once...it's far too big even considering our unusual spate of injuries lately.

If we had to pick a team today, here's the choice, given that Weso and O'Grady are back training:

Douglas, Maybury, Kisorbo, McAuley, McCarthy, Hughes, Hume, Tiatto, Fryatt, Henderson, Low, Stearman, Hammond, O'Grady, Wesolowski, Sylla, Welsh, Logan, Porter. That's 19. It's only our own fault that Dodds is unavailable which would make 20. Gradel's got a squad number and Andy King could slot in anytime. So 22 to pick from - or two complete teams if our squad were properly balanced.

So, 16 then. Given that Weso and O'Grady weren't fit to play, and you're not normally looking for 3 goalkeepers in your final 16...

Archived