Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Team for Derby

Funny that in the huge discussion going on around RK's job and the 'new' manager, we've forgotten that there's a game on Saturday. :P

Logan

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils

Sylla, Hughes, Tiatto, Porter

Hume, Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Williams, Weso, Hammond.

The plan is to bring Williams or Weso on at some point, in place of Hughes. :thumbup:

Hammond should replace Fryatt if he's been ineffectual after the first hour.

Discuss. :smile:

I guess we'll try again to persuade our club to have some potential fire power:

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Tiatto;

Hammond, King, Hughes, Porter;

Hume, Fryatt.

With Williams and Weso out of the 16 according to Kelly, we've got to think again. The big problem is do we play two husslers in midfield, Hughes ond Tiatto or do we still try to make the team fluid. I've stuck with my principles and gone for fluidity and with avoiding two husslers in midfield.

This is a game which we're quite likely to lose on paper and not one where our seven-man defensive wall is going to prevent us conceding a goal or even more by an indications so far.

So, we've got to score. The team I've picked gives us eight potential scorers marking half each for the two centre-backs and half each for Hughes and Tiatto.

That's far more than usual and I've retained Hughes' industry in midfield.

Even with that line-up we'll be up against it but there is some goals potential and we won't simply have to try and dig in for a 0-0 I don't think we'd get.

Trouble is the team's a bit radical and Kelly's no radical.

So we'll still be without anyone to attack the box and Sylla/Hughes on the right is more likely than my choice which to me is like starting a Grand Prix with a flat tyre.

It would work really as a 4-3-3 with Hammond more as an old fashioned right-sided striker with licence to go wide and Hume perhaps tucked just behind Hammond and Fryatt.

----------------------Logan----------------

Stearman----Mcauley--Kisnorbo---Nisse

Hammond----Weso----Williams----Porter

-----------Huuuuume--Fryatt-------------

I dont just think this is the best team for Derby but i think it's the best possible team we can master with the current crop of players Hammond provides soo much mre pace than sylla and can beat people so can porter and we have a central midfield which can actually pass the ball!!

Too early for Williams and EWeso Sheepy although that would be a good team.

I think i'd have to agree with Mcauley. :ph34r:

:thumbsup:

As I said - Williams and Weso are probably not good to start, they did play midweek if you remember. ;)

I expect them to sub on around the 60-75 minute mark, assuming they're fit enough to make the bench at all. :yesyes:

:thumbsup:

As I said - Williams and Weso are probably not good to start, they did play midweek if you remember. ;)

I expect them to sub on around the 60-75 minute mark, assuming they're fit enough to make the bench at all. :yesyes:

It doesn't look good then if the usual suspects are all we've got to look forward to til we're 2-0 down.

Bloody hell will we ever have an attacking team? There'll be some reason not to play Kings too - tough game, he's a bit young and shy, it's a long way for his dad to drive up from Berkshire...

What about 10 defenders and a JCB? Or a gang of lads from Wickes. We could really have a go for a 0-0.

:whistle:

---------------------- Logan

Stearman - McCarthy - Kisnorbo - Johansson

--------- Hughes - Tiatto - Porter ----------

----- Hammond -------------- Hume ------

-----------------------Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, King, Sheehan, McAuley, Gradel/Sylla/Welsh

Love to see Williams and Weso start but it might just be a game too soon for them...

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

Paddy Mac

Nisse

Sylla

Hughes

Tiatto

Porter

Fryatt

Hume

The midfield makes me weep, but it looks to be about the best we can offer given the circumstances; would be good to see Tiatto and Porter be a bit interchangeable when necessary.

Would like to see Williams and Weso as subs at some point though- hopefully they'll be back in the first team next week :thumbsup:

Logan

McAuley

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Stearman

Hughes

Porter

Tiatto

Elvis

Fryatt

Hume (playing just off the front two)

Subs: Nisse, Weso, Henderson, Sylla, Welsh

It's a versatile 3-4-3. Stearman and Tiatto can both drop back to cover the full-back position and Hume could drop off to support the central midfielders when we are up against it.

Logan

Stearman -McCarthy -Kisnorbo -Nils

Hammond ----Porter ----Tiatto---- Welsh

Hume ---------Fryatt

I quite like that. But I hope Kelly looks at some of the other options too because we really do need to try a different tack. Seems to me the fans on here are far more imaginative in coping with our limitations than the boss. And it wholly counters the idea that Kelly can't attack in numbers cos he hasn't got the personnel.

logan

stearman kisnorbo mccarthy johannsson

hughes tiatto porter

hume

hammond fryatt

subs

henderson, mcauley, welsh, williams/weso, sylla

mcauley doesn't deserve to be dropped but we know he will be.

it dont matter what kelly said today, im sure one of weso/willaims will be on bench

problem with this team, we got no strikers to put on bench, unles he puts odihambo or mckay on there.

Logan, Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils, Sylla, Hughes, Tiatto, Porter, Hume, Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Williams, Weso, Hammond.

Team I'd like to see:

Logan, Stearmonkey, LwicdMcAuley, Paddy Kisnorbo, Nils, Sylla, Hughes, Tiatto, Porter, Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume , Fryatt

Subs: Hendo, Paddy M, Williams, Weso, Hammond

Spookeh. :ph34r:

Spookeh. :ph34r:

Just a bit lol

In all honesty I didn't even look at what team you'd have wanted to put out, I just clicked on the thread ' n ' went to "Add Reply" :thumbup:

Great minds think alike though looker :P We won't put that team out, but it'd be a better option than what Kelly is likely to use :)

Just a bit lol

In all honesty I didn't even look at what team you'd have wanted to put out, I just clicked on the thread ' n ' went to "Add Reply" :thumbup:

Great minds think alike though looker :P We won't put that team out, but it'd be a better option than what Kelly is likely to use :)

That's quite close to the team we will play - perhaps Stearman will play in the middle with Hughes and Tiatto left, Maybury RB. McCarthy might return ahead of McAuley. That's about it really.

The bench will be totally different, though, I imagine - with Williams and Weso both doubtful. :whistle:

Archived