Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Some more stats to ponder?

kelly isnt up to the job, its a sad diagnosis.

For whatever reason only known to himself he decided to revert to negativity following his attacking tactics that worked well last season and its now probably going to cost him his job.

I also would be surprised if we beat norwich and then we will be worse off then last season.

Just give it 24 hours :thumbup:

Fair enough and oone point isn't a massive amount of difference, bvut you can bl;ame Kelly for the fact that despite having one more point we are still lower than last yuear. Obviously he can be blamed for us only jhaving one more point and we should probably have more but credit where its due, we have won more games this year than last year.

If anything Norwich will be tougher than Derby. There's always a special commitment needed for local Derby's and invariably the adrenelin flows. Same with glamour Cupties like Tottenham last season and Villa this.

The problem is it is easy to have a comedown afterwards especially having been denied that late goal Saturday.

We lost at Sheffield Wednesday after Spurs and drew having taken the lead at QPR so, to me, given there's such a short break between the Derby/Norwich matches and it's us that's got the long trip, it doesn't look promising.

Given also that it's a Tuesday night game and that our support will probably be a bit reduced and the picture gets even worse.

Kelly's mention of wanting the takeover sorted ASAP suggests that it is getting to the players and finally, whether he'll admit it or not, he'll be having doubts about his tactics and his best team I imagine.

The worse it gets the more he's likely to favour the players who put the run together last season - hence the revival of Stearman/Maybury.

But whether that run was down to ability or adrenelin Kelly's team is now a known quantity and that's going to make life harder for him.

Weso will doubtless return in some capacity but will that make us more attacking and give us the likelihood of goals?.

Not really. Kelly needs to somehow get one step ahead tactically instead of one step behind and I just think his stratigic obstinacy has now left him in limbo. In other words, uncertain and under pressure no matter what he chooses to do.

I hate the concept of draws but the proverbial something out of the game - basically a point - is the best we can realistically hope for unless he tries his luck - and he would need luck now - with something more radical.

Trouble is it's not all about us anymore. Norwich won't lack confidence. So even our best might simply not be good enough.

What an unnecessary mess.

Agreed Thracian, RK is showing signs of desperation........first he blames the ref for the defeat at derby and now he's already laying the stones for defeat with his 'takeover' speech!!!

If Kelly really wants this job, he's going to have to instal some belief, first in himself and then in the team....we don't have too many alternatives to Kelly, the likes of JR, CR don't really wet my appetite, which makes me want to ask Santa for a new mnager!!!!

It's spooky how similar we are to last season. If I remember rightly last season around October/November we had a really good spell and it was believed we had turned the corner, only for us to lose about 10 games out of our next 12 and put ourselves relegation bound. This season is going the same way. Ok, so the 10 losses in 12 haven't happened but the run we are on at the minute could easily turn in to that.

Even when we were winning and drawing earlier this month and last month, we were playing dreadfully and it was only a matter of time for the luck to stop.

All the while this club has a chip on it's shoulder and is more bothered about where the next excuse is coming from rather than where the next points are coming from or what can productively be done to improve things, I'm refusing to care.

I don't care much for you RK and I don't care at all for your shambles of a team. What really gets me though are the stupid excuses and blame culture at our club.

Some more stats to ponder:

This time last year CL was consider a failure because of where the team was after 19 games, this bearing in mind he'd had to pretty much replace the entire squad.

RK has since had the benefit of 5 players of his own choice, admittedly free trnsfers but then so were most of CLs and a more settled team.

Is he entitled to be considered differently to CL just because he had a short, albeit vital period of succcess?

This season:

18 Leicester City 19 4 3 3 12 10 1 4 4 6 11 -3 22

Last Season

16 Leicester City 19 3 4 3 11 10 1 5 3 7 11 -3 21

I hadn't realised that, at this stage, results were so similar to last season. Even the goals for/against are exactly the same.

I guess it shows that, to an extent, how little a manager can realistically achieve when they do not have the money available for transfers. Also, it shows how much we are paying for having so many of our midfield out injured for such a long period.

Of course, there are probably a few other mitigating circumstances that could be put forward as excuses for the poor run of form lately. RK showed last season that he can motivate and organise a team to win games against the odds, makes me wonder where this ability has gone or whether he'll get it back.

December was a torrid month for us last season, I reckon it will be the make or break time for us this time round as well. I hope to god RK can turn things around, not because I necessarily want to see him stay as manager but simply because I can't face another month like December 2005.

I hadn't realised that, at this stage, results were so similar to last season. Even the goals for/against are exactly the same.

I guess it shows that, to an extent, how little a manager can realistically achieve when they do not have the money available for transfers. Also, it shows how much we are paying for having so many of our midfield out injured for such a long period.

Of course, there are probably a few other mitigating circumstances that could be put forward as excuses for the poor run of form lately. RK showed last season that he can motivate and organise a team to win games against the odds, makes me wonder where this ability has gone or whether he'll get it back.

December was a torrid month for us last season, I reckon it will be the make or break time for us this time round as well. I hope to god RK can turn things around, not because I necessarily want to see him stay as manager but simply because I can't face another month like December 2005.

Or it just shows how incompetent our managers have been in recent times and how much we've under achieved. Any criticism on here gets shot down until people jump on the bandwagon, but the fact we've been crap for 3 seasons now must raise questions. I struggle to muster any optimism when we fail to improve season after season. Kelly is showing no signs of being able to turn this around, just like Adams and Levein couldn't. I simply don't accept that this is the best they can achieve, if it is then they should go anyway. If they can do better then start proving it or **** off.

We are on the verge of entering a new era, the mediocrity (at best) of the past 3 years should be banished along with it.

Last April he should have started moving the team forward. He didn't. Close season was uninspiring, his signings uninspiring and since the season started his selections and his tactics are uninspiring.

Every manager has problems. Look at the sparkling initiatives Stoke have taken while we picked up Low and Johnson and others we didn't need.

Week-for-week our injury problems have been no worse than other teams have and we've always had enough available players to give a good account of ourselves.

But this contain-and-pinch-one policy when we demonstrate week-by-week that we're not good enough to do the containing bit is daft. And to continue repeating the tactics when they don't work is even more daft.

We have the same weaknesses in our team as we had last January. We just glossed them over for a while.

Had Kelly started this season by showing a determination to give each game a real go by showing he could get people into the opposition half and by play a bit of genuinely positive football he might have got more sympathy - certainly from me.

But it's not even that he's tried it and failed. He's never, ever tried any alternatives to his advertised system and defence-weighted approach.

So no excuses. He picked the destination. He's always had choices. He just didn't have the imagination and self-belief to go anywhere exciting.

Last April he should have started moving the team forward. He didn't. Close season was uninspiring, his signings uninspiring and since the season started his selections and his tactics are uninspiring.

Every manager has problems. Look at the sparkling initiatives Stoke have taken while we picked up Low and Johnson and others we didn't need.

Week-for-week our injury problems have been no worse than other teams have and we've always had enough available players to give a good account of ourselves.

But this contain-and-pinch-one policy when we demonstrate week-by-week that we're not good enough to do the containing bit is daft. And to continue repeating the tactics when they don't work is even more daft.

We have the same weaknesses in our team as we had last January. We just glossed them over for a while.

Had Kelly started this season by showing a determination to give each game a real go by showing he could get people into the opposition half and by play a bit of genuinely positive football he might have got more sympathy - certainly from me.

But it's not even that he's tried it and failed. He's never, ever tried any alternatives to his advertised system and defence-weighted approach.

So no excuses. He picked the destination. He's always had choices. He just didn't have the imagination and self-belief to go anywhere exciting.

That's what bugs me the most, admitedly he is inexperienced but FFS, he has been dishing out the same tasteless football for weeks and it hasn't worked!!!

We are 19th with 22 points from 20 games.

This time last Year we had just beaten Sheff Utd 4-2 it then took us 8 defeats, 2 draws, a change in management and the return of Weso before we saw our next League win. :o:o:o:o

14 Leicester City 20 4 4 3 15 12 1 5 3 7 11 -1 24

15 Ipswich Town 2042412162441015-9 24

16 Norwich City 214431182171019-6 23

17 Derby County 2125314172541315-5 22

18 Hull City 2125399236916-7 20

19 Plymouth 203431112145513-9 20

20 Sheffield Wed 213441114145613-10 20

21 Coventry City 2134314140651019-9 19

22 Crewe 2134313161371025-18 19

23 Brighton 211551217172812-9 18

24 Millwall 211375162441117-17 16

There we go then, now officially worse than last season:

This Season:

19th Leicester City 20 4 3 3 12 10 1 4 5 7 14 -5 22

Last Season:

14th Leicester City 20 4 4 3 15 12 1 5 3 7 11 -1 24

Looking at that reminds me of the song "For Whom the Bell Tolls" .

I actually feel great sadness.

Current Table - Cliched I know but the next game against Sheff Weds is a 6 pointer and we really do have to beat Barnsley at Home otherwise the smell of doo doo will be sooooooooooo strong.

14 Sunderland 2042313941614180 27

15 Sheffield Wed 205331613234813-2 27

16 Ipswich Town 1951419162251012+1 24

17 QPR 2033517183331415-2 24

18 Crystal Palace 2041510112441215-4 23

19 Leicester City 20 4 3 3 12 10 1 4 5 7 1 4 -5 22

20 Luton Town 204331916217720-10 22

21 Barnsley 2043315132081023-11 21

22 Leeds United 2040610162171223-17 19

23 Hull City 20225811236818-13 17

24 Southend 202441317028320-21 12

Archived