Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Youth Cup V Wolves 6 December 2006

Wouldn't want to miss it.

But a top notch performance wouldn't go astray.

We really let ourselves down last season.

It should be the perfect stage for the likes of Eric Odhiambo, Billy McKay, Joe Mattock, Andy King, Tom Tejan-Sie and Scott Lycett to show their potential.

Perhaps Jonbluefox will know if Max Gradel will have finished his suspension in time.

Was it at the Walkers? What time and can you get tickets at the gate?

You can get tickets at the gate. Last year, the FA Youth Cup game against Huddersfield drew a few hundred. Hopefully City get a better result this time around. :thumbup:

read in the mercury that our youngsters play wolves at the walkers tomorrow evening at 7.00pm.

adults are priced at £4 though.

anyone going?

I thought about it but £4! Cannot see it being packed out can you?

I would have thought they would have let ST holders in for Free.

I'd have really liked to go but I've got two 3,000 word essays to get done by Monday and after that I'm rewarding myself with a good run out at the gym, pub, Mosh, Fan Club and plenty of Fifa Manager (!)

I thought about it but £4! Cannot see it being packed out can you?

I would have thought they would have let ST holders in for Free.

Why would you think that? Clearly the club doesnt believe in any benefits for the season ticket holders anymore!

How to double the attendance in one fell swoop.

Come to think of it, are you just another marketing ploy from the club?

I'd accuse you of being Tim Nice But Dim's daughters but... well...

if we knew what marketing ploy was... We might be able to answer :P

How to double the attendance in one fell swoop.

Come to think of it, are you just another marketing ploy from the club?

I'd accuse you of being Tim Nice But Dim's daughters but... well...

if we knew what marketing ploy was... We might be able to answer :P

Okay, it all adds up now, they don't even know they're doing it :P

No news of the team or even the squad a day before the game - it would be nice to know if Gradel's finished his suspension and who else is turning out.

I sincerely hope Eric Odhiambo plays his usual selfless football but also shows something of what he's capable of on the ball.

I was disappointed a few fans totally dismissed him after the Villa game when no-one in City's team had the energy left to give him a decent pass - nor have they had the energy to win a match since.

He's a talented player Eric, with good close control and a brilliant eye for goal.

Then there's Andy King. He's a bit understated at times but watch how often he gets into the box and into dangerous shooting positions for a midfielder.

Joe Mattock is a left-back with attitude who is just as happy in a winger's position as he is on the edge of his own area. At least you'll see what I mean about a genuinely attacking left-back, with any luck.

I hope Gradel's able to play and to show the shooting and directness that is his trademark and another to note is the impish striker Billy McKay. There's not much of him for a striker but he's a skillful youngster with a clever football brain and he's a bit of a goal machine.

Hopefully it'll all be held together by Tommy Tejan-Sie whose iirrepressible ball-hunting in midfield and cleverly complimentary partnership with King so often has the effect of eventually overwhelming the opposition.

Scott Lycett is a centre-back who can play floor balls, Ryan Beswick a winger with goals in him and right-back Joe Magunda is unlikely to be any further away from the opposition half of the field than his opposite number at left-back Joe Mattock.

I've never seen the Wolves youngsters play but I think fans are guaranteed lots of shots and lots of commitment to getting at the opposition.

At least, win or lose, you should have something to cheer and enjoy.

Gradel should be available because he played on Saturday according to the OS. Having said that, I heard he was given a straight red which would mean he'd miss more than just the one game he has sat out. I'm not going tomorrow because I've got an exam on the Thursday but I'm sure we'll progress to the next round and hopefully it'll be another home tie. Huddersfield looked a decent team last season but we've improved as a team and don't think we'll have much trouble seeing off Wolves who have lost half of their games this season.

A fair few of our team have played at Filbert Way before so I don't think they'll be scared of having the chance to play there again.

Team for us tonight-

Pentney, Mattock, Rowe-Turner, Tejan-Sie, Magunda ©, Garner, Rochester, A King, McKay, Odhiambo, Beswick.

Subs: Cox, Cisak, Tuttle, Howard, C King

Which I think will look more like this-

-----------------------Pentney------------------

Magunda---Rowe-Turner---Garner---Mattock

Rochester----A King----Tejan-Sie----Beswick

----------------Mckay----Odhiambo------------

Although Magunda might be playing centre back and Rowe-Turner right back. Strong team. No Lycett (may be too old for this competition?) and no Gradel but from what I've seen of Rowe-Turner, we should still be alright at the back and going forwards. Cisak is a better 'keeper than Pentney imo but he's been out injured for a fair so it's probably for th best that he doesn't rush back too quickly. Kept a clean sheet against Bristol at home but would seem he was left out at Reading.

Link

Archived