Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanfox12

Alan Birchenhall.

While some of you have varying views on the "Birch" it has to be said he has been a good servant to the club over the years both as a player and the in the backroom as well as his Charitable work with his annual run. However it seems he is becoming an embarrassment and maybe it is time he stood down in his role at the club?

He should never be allowed on Radio Leicester's phone-in, that's for sure. He's too much of a club spokesman and will never criticise the players or management.

His half time antics are ok I suppose, I don't think he's particularly funny so I don't pay much attention - but many people seem to like him.

He should never be allowed on Radio Leicester's phone-in, that's for sure. He's too much of a club spokesman and will never criticise the players or management.

His half time antics are ok I suppose, I don't think he's particularly funny so I don't pay much attention - but many people seem to like him.

Not listen last night then?

...but surely that is why he gets paid by City and why he is invited onto the show? What point would there be to a debate where someone didn't argue the other case?

Having said that, he is starting to sound very exasperated doing it, and was very honest about the limitations of the current squad.

i missed the RL thing and would love to know basically what was said.

my present p.c. isnt upto much , my other , better system is under repair :cry: ........i mullered the bloody thing by trying to get it to redouble its effort and it went and died on me :blink:

He's a good entertainer, as he proved on Saturday, and he cares for the club. I say keep him, just get rid of Foxlot.

I didn't think he did the foxlot anymore as they seemed to have stopped pushing it so much. Personally i think he's a good bloke but calling out just the players first names is getting embarassing as most fans clearly don't want to get involved and probably Birch feels just as embarrassed but won't say anything to upset his employers. I've no doubt he cares for the club but because he's employed by the club the fans think he's too pally with the board.

I think hes a good 'MC', but for god sake they must stop the thing where he says the players first names and we shout the second. It doesnt work, its crap, and it must sound really stupid to away fans

If the team was doing well and the fans related to the players then it would work but at the moment its just a load of crap.

Not listen last night then?

Sorry I missed it, I'll try and find it on the RL website and listen now.

...but surely that is why he gets paid by City and why he is invited onto the show? What point would there be to a debate where someone didn't argue the other case?

Having said that, he is starting to sound very exasperated doing it, and was very honest about the limitations of the current squad.

In my opinion anyone who speaks about LCFC on radio should be independent and impartial. He's hardly going to slag off the management, players, board etc when he's part of the club and getting paid by them.

He might have some inside info that we aren't aware of, but whenever I've listened to him on the show (I missed yesterday and have missed the last 3 months), he seems more occupied with having a giggle with the presenters and reliving his playing days.

some poeple obviously enjoy it otherwise the badly chorused noise that emenates from the kop wouldnt happen and who cares what the away bunch think anyway , we give them enough by letting them take points and making their teams look good

some poeple obviously enjoy it otherwise the badly chorused noise that emenates from the kop wouldnt happen and who cares what the away bunch think anyway , we give them enough by letting them take points and making their teams look good

:D Sad thing is that really is true!!!

In my opinion anyone who speaks about LCFC on radio should be independent and impartial. He's hardly going to slag off the management, players, board etc when he's part of the club and getting paid by them.

...but he isn't the only voice on the show ~ his view, the clubs perspective, is balanced by Glen's.

Plus, who (connected with the club) could lay claim to being impartial? No one, we've all got our own little axes to grind in one way or another.

I think it could be made better by having Davies or Kelly held to account every week...but in their absence I'll settle for Birch. I like the Birch, daft old sod that he is. :D

the problem with calling the team out is we are doing shit, so then the crowd has no enthusiasm to actually do it. if we were top of the league by 20 points you'd hear a much louder response. at the moment it'll just be kids/drunks who are willing to shout them out

...but he isn't the only voice on the show ~ his view, the clubs perspective, is balanced by Glen's.

Plus, who (connected with the club) could lay claim to being impartial? No one, we've all got our own little axes to grind in one way or another.

I think it could be made better by having Davies or Kelly held to account every week...but in their absence I'll settle for Birch. I like the Birch, daft old sod that he is. :D

I like him for that reason too, I've even got his autobigraphy which i got for Xmas a few years ago. Isn't that the point of phone ins for fans to voice their frustration and opinions even if they think the Radio Station is up the clubs arse as it gives balance to debates. The same applies to the Leicester Mercury if people don't like what Bill Anderson writes they have a right to reply to criticise the club if they want.

While some of you have varying views on the "Birch" it has to be said he has been a good servant to the club over the years both as a player and the in the backroom as well as his Charitable work with his annual run. However it seems he is becoming an embarrassment and maybe it is time he stood down in his role at the club?

he's always been like that.

fair play to him.

long may it continue

he's always been like that.

fair play to him.

long may it continue

I don't really care whether he stays or not, there's alot of bigger fish\problems to fry. There's positives and negatives to him staying, I suppose it's just a matter of opinion!!!

Yes he has been a servant to the club, but do the club pay him, is it value for money???

TBH, half time with birch is poo, but I suppose that makes everyone to get up off there arse and go down and to the concourse and hence spend money or in my case try and numb myself with that cat piss they serve!!!

I don't really care whether he stays or not, there's alot of bigger fish\problems to fry. There's positives and negatives to him staying, I suppose it's just a matter of opinion!!!

Yes he has been a servant to the club, but do the club pay him, is it value for money???

TBH, half time with birch is poo, but I suppose that makes everyone to get up off there arse and go down and to the concourse and hence spend money or in my case try and numb myself with that cat piss they serve!!!

Never mind getting rid of him....give him a game !!!!

Archived