Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Gareth Williams

Absolutely stunning performance by Williams, particularly in the 2nd half. His quality and range of passing was superb - particularly in the lead up to the 2nd goal.

He may have his faults (i.e not particularly interested in the rough and tumble in the midfield), but his skill today outshone most of his peers. Credit where it's due, Williams was fantastic today.

Certainly one of his better performances, not just the passing but made himself available much more than normal and also did a lot cover defending especially in the last ten minutes when he was justifiably looking a bit knackered.

From one of your biggest critics well done Gareth you've earn't the right to celebrate your birthday tonight.

Today reminded me of just how much we missed Gazza. He just has that touch of class about him - whenever he got the ball he spread the play nicely, kept it on the ground and was constantly probing away at the Barnsley defence. Supoyb. :)

My only worry about him is I think he sits a bit too deep during games - there were a number of occasions during the game where the ball fell loose around the edge of the box and there was no-one there to pick it up. The kind of thing Muzzy used to do.

Williams played very well today, along with Levi and Hughes in midfield. Treating us for his birthday with a performance we won't see again for 10 matches? Trying to get a new contract? Just playing well? Who knows... I hope he keeps it up.

Can't see him being here next season though ;)

In my opinion Williams's reputation has grown in the last 6 weeks or so only because he's been out injured whilst we've been playing shit, so everyone has forgotten how disappointing he's been for the majority of his time here.

Fair enough he might be playing better this season than previous years, but he's not the all-action midfielder that we need, he doesn't score many goals or get many assists, his corners are all 'floaters', and he drifts out of matches badly. I certainly don't think he's as good as many people make out, though technically he's a lot better than the rest of the buffoons we have disguising themselves as 'midfielders'.

Certainly not the type of player that will dominate a match or stand out by any stretch. And I wouldn't make him a certainty in the team sheet either.

Spot on.

No, neither will Nissa or Tiatto and we'll have Low and Johnson MK2 instead and trust me we'll have our worst season ever IMHO, and wind up getting relegated, but then again at least the shareholders wont have to sell off their shares for less than they got them for and thats all that counts isnt it? :angry:

Williams played very well today, along with Levi and Hughes in midfield. Treating us for his birthday with a performance we won't see again for 10 matches? Trying to get a new contract? Just playing well? Who knows... I hope he keeps it up.

Not sure but I am not complaining about his performance either! :)

Need to get that autograph before he goes... :whistle:

Archived