Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Gareth Williams

I've heard rumours from a friend of mine who is a Forest supporter that they have been linked with getting him back there. Apparently it has been talked about on their messageboards along with them getting Prutton back but I really can't see it happening. When he's fit, surely he is pretty much guaranteed a starting place here?

I don't think abuse would stop Williams going back to Forest. He doesn't seem like the kind of bloke who let's things like that have a positive or a negative affect on his game. May be cynical but I think the first thing Williams looks for when looking at signing for a club is how big the figure is that's going into his bank account.

In my opinion Williams's reputation has grown in the last 6 weeks or so only because he's been out injured whilst we've been playing shit, so everyone has forgotten how disappointing he's been for the majority of his time here.

Fair enough he might be playing better this season than previous years, but he's not the all-action midfielder that we need, he doesn't score many goals or get many assists, his corners are all 'floaters', and he drifts out of matches badly. I certainly don't think he's as good as many people make out, though technically he's a lot better than the rest of the buffoons we have disguising themselves as 'midfielders'.

Certainly not the type of player that will dominate a match or stand out by any stretch. And I wouldn't make him a certainty in the team sheet either.

In my opinion Williams's reputation has grown in the last 6 weeks or so only because he's been out injured whilst we've been playing shit, so everyone has forgotten how disappointing he's been for the majority of his time here.

Fair enough he might be playing better this season than previous years, but he's not the all-action midfielder that we need, he doesn't score many goals or get many assists, his corners are all 'floaters', and he drifts out of matches badly. I certainly don't think he's as good as many people make out, though technically he's a lot better than the rest of the buffoons we have disguising themselves as 'midfielders'.

Certainly not the type of player that will dominate a match or stand out by any stretch. And I wouldn't make him a certainty in the team sheet either.

You might be right but, as with one or two others, I'd love to see him playing in a team that does his abilities justice before passing judgement.

Once MM takes over we wont need players like him, we'll have better

That's it - you just keep deluding yourself over there. :thumbup:

We're all pleased that we can look forward to a complete overhaul of the playing staff - but do you really think that's a likely prospect in January? :)

Is Mandaric setting aside 10 million quid from his '25 million quid takeover' to achieve such a dramatic change? :whistle:

;)

That's it - you just keep deluding yourself over there. :thumbup:

We're all pleased that we can look forward to a complete overhaul of the playing staff - but do you really think that's a likely prospect in January? :)

Is Mandaric setting aside 10 million quid from his '25 million quid takeover' to achieve such a dramatic change? :whistle:

;)

Or even

Is Mandaric setting aside 10 million quid from his '2.5 million quid takeover' to achieve such a dramatic change?

Your probably not that far off the truth here. Williams came back from an injury against Southampton and was class, he then got injured the following game. The performance against Southampton has stuck in people's minds for the past 2 months and we all wished he'd get fit again. He was excellent at times on saturday so perhaps this season he'll do the business when he plays. After all, his contract is up in the sumemr and Gaz loves to put the effort in to raise some interest from other clubs.

Forest have been linked with him constantly since he came here, i'm not overly concerned about these rumours.

Or even

Is Mandaric setting aside 10 million quid from his '2.5 million quid takeover' to achieve such a dramatic change?

Touché :)

Your probably not that far off the truth here. Williams came back from an injury against Southampton and was class, he then got injured the following game. The performance against Southampton has stuck in people's minds for the past 2 months and we all wished he'd get fit again. He was excellent at times on saturday so perhaps this season he'll do the business when he plays. After all, his contract is up in the sumemr and Gaz loves to put the effort in to raise some interest from other clubs.

Forest have been linked with him constantly since he came here, i'm not overly concerned about these rumours.

I recommend giving him just six month contract extensions at a time.

That way he's always playing to impress. :P

I agree with that. His reputation's gone up just by sitting in the stands. It'll only take another of his lacklustre displays (Southampton at home in the league last season springs to mind more than most) for some supporters to realise that Williams isn't the answer to all of our problems but is actually a very inconsistent, individual footballer.

Archived