Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Cardiff Match Reactions

Don't think there's anything you just said I disagree with, Anish. :appl:

Agree with whst you said there too Anish.

Here my 2 penith!

Hendo solid not too much to say tho, Maybury also quite anonimous so I can say did the job, Johanson WTF was he doing in the 1st half losing the ball, falling over and looking the dogsh1t that my fellow kopites were naming him! 2nd half much improved tho, Kisnorbo solid but had a tendancy to miskick the ball at times was not his best performance but still solid, And McAulley was great not putting a foot wrong all day as I recall.

Josh Low should NEVER put a LCFC shirt on again, he was that bad and the twats texting in on RL what game were you watching? Big Cheer went up at HT when he was subbed says it all. Williams was lathargic but did show the odd glimse of quality with a 60 yard pass to LOW! Tiatto was good in the midfield and got stuck in making a cracking tackle in the 1st half on our own box! Levi was good but to expect a consistant brilliant match winner every week is too much from one so young but a good display never the less.

Huuuuuuuuuuuume was as committed but I thought took the 1st half o make an impression on the match, with un-Hume like poor control in the 1st. Second half was all effort and saved us towards the end with some good interceptions of play which may have become more dangerous. Elvis was bad again headless chicken award going to him this season, comments on his ability have been made, I can't fault the guy for trying i suppose.

Welsh made little impact & I want to know what has happened to him since last season, maybe he went on hiliday with Fryatt and got the lurgy?

Matty looked better today, sharper got involved much better than Elvis with link up play on the edge of their box, scored but was offside. Looking more bothered!

Fair result really, Cannot complain, we did look really good in the 15minute period after HT, Atmosphere was better than usual in the KOP don't know about eleswhere!

Huuuuuume looked very good today motm was mcauley though he was immense, pretty dull game with a good atmosphere

oh and please stop slating Hammond we lost all mementom, pace and threat once he came off! Fryatt did nothing again exept score an offside goal.

Huuuuuume looked very good today motm was mcauley though he was immense, pretty dull game with a good atmosphere

oh and please stop slating Hammond we lost all mementom, pace and threat once he came off! Fryatt did nothing again exept score an offside goal.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Hume has lost confidence and really should have troubled their two lumps in central defence more. As for Hammond, his work-rate dissolves after about 10 mins. He gets in good positions but lacks composure. Needs to strengthen up and improve his passing and shooting.

What fooking game were you watching? We actually played some half decent passing football and Fryatt got involved in that. Hammond. Is. WANK.

fryatt did N-O-T-H-I-N-G yet again Hammonds scored 2 in 2 and actually looks like doing something, hes unpredictable and can actually run unlike fryatt.

Face it as soon as Hammond came off there was only going to be one result, unless they nicked it at the end.

Fryatt played for 20 minutes and got no service. What exactly are you expecting him to do? He received the ball, showed basic footballing ability and passed it on again - Hammond did not. You'd have to be some sort of footballing retard to prefer Hammond to Fryatt today.

Fryatt played for 20 minutes and got no service. What exactly are you expecting him to do? He received the ball, showed basic footballing ability and passed it on again - Hammond did not. You'd have to be some sort of footballing retard to prefer Hammond to Fryatt today.

well maybe I am then :rolleyes:

Fryatt needs service as he can't make things happen and lets face it all this season the service has not come, so Hammond can run into channels and actually make defenders work and win corners, throwins etc.

Defenders do bugger all when marking fryatt.

well maybe I am then :rolleyes:

Fryatt needs service as he can't make things happen and lets face it all this season the service has not come, so Hammond can run into channels and actually make defenders work and win corners, throwins etc.

Defenders do bugger all when marking fryatt.

Well on this issue you are! du du du du Matty Fryup etc.....

I personally thought we played some good football and deserved to win it. The defence was top class, especially McAuley yet again. Levi played well today and you can see how confident he is getting with the way he plays. Williams was on form again today i thought, playing some nice passes and unlucky with a shot near the end. Low was a disgrace. Absolute joke, he's so awful. He can't do anything at all. Tiatto made some vital tackles and played ok. Hume worked himself into the ground again but nothing would drop for him. Elvis held the ball up well, but that was about all he did. A few times he could have shot earlier than he did, and often he tried to take one too many touches. The same with Welsh, he takes too many touches. Two or three times he had great chances to cross the ball but decided to take a few more touches and at the same time allowed the defence to get back. Should send him back to Sunderland if and when Milan comes in. Fryatt looked a bit more energetic today, chased a few balls down and had the ball in the net but he was offside. All in all, decent game and looking forqward to see what we produce on Boxing Day.

fryatt did N-O-T-H-I-N-G yet again Hammonds scored 2 in 2 and actually looks like doing something, hes unpredictable and can actually run unlike fryatt.

Face it as soon as Hammond came off there was only going to be one result, unless they nicked it at the end.

I agree 100%. Whatever anybody says about Fryatt, he looks like a pub footballer at the moment. He is flat-footed, well off the pace and is carrying a few extra pounds. Personally, I wouldn't put Fryatt anywhere near the team. Neither would I Elvis, but on current form, Elvis is the better bet. If Fryatt had started, you would have been screaming for him to follow Low into oblivion. Speaking of which, I will be surprised and angered if Low gets so much of a sniff of first-team football again after today.

I thought Johansson was our best player today, despite some comments to the contrary. He tried to get forward to support (despite him not being the most gifted attacking defender) and looked very comfortable defensively down the left flank.

Williams struggled today (he does in the cold ha ha), but is not helped by the players around him. His strength is pinging the ball about, retaining possesion and bringing others into play. When our players are unable to find space, or are not bright enough tactically to play against better players (let's be honest Cardiff have better players than Barnsley), Williams struggles and becomes ineffective.

Porter had a good first half, but disappeared in the second. I'm not sure if he tires or was marked out the game second half, but it made a big difference in our second half performance.

All in all, a rubbish performance against a side that really were there for the taking.

I can't believe that THREE posters have come on here and had the nerve to say Williams had a good game today.

He messed up no end of set pieces and on the rare occasions he could be bothered to get involved in the game, was very wayward with his passing.

If he wants to move back to the trees next month then let him. He's a liability we have tolerated for too long.

Might ahve had something to do with how good, McAuley and Kisnorbo were?

Yup. OK as some posts state, they did have shaky moments but what defence doesn't in this league as the quality of players tends to be poor. 2 clean sheets in 3 games....7 out of 9 points.....I would have snapped your hands off if some had offered it to me 3 games ago :ph34r:

Well those people who think Hammond was useless are deluded. He causes havoc in opposing defences. When Fryatt came on we went back to playing how we did in the early season.

Also, Josh Low was wack again

I was dissapointed in Kelly's subs.

I would have put weso on for Low and then if we still hadnt found a way through i would have taken off maybury and played all three strikers up front. In a 3-4-3 because Nissa, Kisornobo and Mcauley would be a great back three. Pace, power and agression.

Overall we seems to be gelling as a team, shown by players interchanging positions well. The future is looking good, now wall we need is a cretive centre mid, a creative right winger and a bulky agressive target man as an option.

Steve Kabba, Phil Ifil anyone?

Well those people who think Hammond was useless are deluded. He causes havoc in opposing defences. When Fryatt came on we went back to playing how we did in the early season.

Also, Josh Low was wack again

I was dissapointed in Kelly's subs.

I would have put weso on for Low and then if we still hadnt found a way through i would have taken off maybury and played all three strikers up front. In a 3-4-3 because Nissa, Kisornobo and Mcauley would be a great back three. Pace, power and agression.

Overall we seems to be gelling as a team, shown by players interchanging positions well. The future is looking good, now wall we need is a cretive centre mid, a creative right winger and a bulky agressive target man as an option.

Steve Kabba, Phil Ifil anyone?

Pace....nils eric.....you sure you got that right? lol:ph34r:

Hammond was fooking toss. Beyond toss. He's got no control and no idea, what so ever. I'm sure Low and Hammond are the loveliest people on the planet, I hope they go home and have a really, really good Christmas. I just hope, and I'm sorry to them, but I just fockin' hope they don't come back to a Leicester shirt. Play Fryatt into form.

He can look up, stop, control the ball and play it on - Hammond can just run. If we have to play Hammond we need to at least play to his abilities and just ping them through / over for him down the middle. Any clown can charge after a ball and twat it with enough counciling. Personally I'd rather see just about anyone up there with Hume than him at the moment. Though I'm angry and emotional at present. :P

If anyone's expecting me to defend Hammond's second half performance they're gonna be disappointed.

He should spend a day with Levi learning about how to get his head up and if I were his coach I'd give him a neck brace for just that purpose.

I'm perhaps the only one left who still thinks he can be any good but if I was a lawyer I'd trade a life sentence instead of the electric chair right now.

He has to lift his head and see the pictures. Okay, his team-mates get further and further away the longer the game goes on with Kelly's blinkered approach to football but control-and-head-down is a disaster for any aspiring striker.

Can't anyone get it through to the guy?

If anyone's expecting me to defend Hammond's second half performance they're gonna be disappointed.

He should spend a day with Levi learning about how to get his head up and if I were hios coach I'd give him a neck brace for just that purpose.

I'm perhaps the only one left who still thinks he can be any good but if I was a lawyer I'd trade a life sentence instead of the electric chair right now.

He has to lift his head and see the pictures. Okay, his team-mates get further and further away the longer the game goes on with Kelly's blinkered approach to football but control-and-head-down is a disaster for any aspiring striker.

Can't anyone get it through to the guy?

hammond is a just thick unfortunately, i don't think he'll ever learn. If only all footballers were intelligent, what a game that would be.

hammond is a just thick unfortunately, i don't think he'll ever learn. If only all footballers were intelligent, what a game that would be.

If only. I've long said we need more intelligence in the game - but not at the expense of passion and ruthlessness.

As for today's game Kelly's selection was indefensible, his tactics predictable and we dropped two points for no reason whatsoever.

I'd accept Nils instead of Sheehan because Nils forever tries to improve and make the best of what he's got but how Kelly can continue to ignore Andy King while continuing to select someone like Low?

All the things our team so desperately needs, King is capable of delivering.

But no - Kelly persists with 4-4-2 when he simply hasn't got the personnel to play it. Why for God's sake?

When will we ever pick a properly balanced side????????????

Archived