Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Kelly Out

Kelly Out  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly Out

• Yes
    • No
    • Ask me when we lose next then everyone can jump on the bandwagon!

I'll still stand by my view that he isnt the man to take us forwards, he probably wont take us backwards though. so unless a chance for a positive change (ie. Mandy coming in) we should keep him, but i hope that if milan comes in he has some idea of who he wants to replace rob

Well, he bought a heap of shite for Taylor at Palace, and then went to Charlton and bought more shite.Can't see that he's the man that you'd want to spend anyone's money.

So the results didn't instantly come. Well that was hardly a suprise as half of Dowie's new signings at Charlton were injured and he had to play with the dead wood that had been left to him.

So the results didn't instantly come. Well that was hardly a suprise as half of Dowie's new signings at Charlton were injured and he had to play with the dead wood that had been left to him.

The same dead wood that kept them up last season and all the years previously?

The same dead wood that kept them up last season and all the years previously?

Just paraphrasing Charlton's chairman Murray's comments when he deemed it neccessary to back Iain Dowie's £10 million investment into the playing side of the club.

No doubt the 'usual suspects' (I'll spare the naming and shaming, they know who they are) are eagerly anticipating our next loss and will immediately pounce on Kelly then.

thats a very immature statement to be making verging on the idiotic. :rolleyes:

if MM or some unknown does not come forwards then unfortunately we will be stuck with kelly and next season we will most likely be fighting another relegation battle having sold some of our better players , unless a miraculous event occurs and the present board actually prove themselves to be competent custodians :P

if MM or somebody else does take over i think they would want to be challenging for promotion and kelly does not strike me as being the right man for that. maybe he is too nice? but in my opinion he is lacking in that bit of magic , fire , passion , whatever you want to call it. then again to be fair he did say he did not want it :mellow: or was that just playing to the media?

Football is all about moving forwards not standing still.

Yes but there's no guarantee that replacing a manager will move the club 'forward'. Especially when there aren't any decent managers available at the moment.

Kelly has already moved the club forward anyway in my opinion. This time last year (after the Boxing Day fixture), we had won 5, drawn 11, and lost 8 - amassing 26 points. This year we're on 32 points. Yes, we're 6 points better off!

No doubt you'll still somehow twist these facts to suit your personal views on Kelly, but he's doing alright in my book.

Yes but there's no guarantee that replacing a manager will move the club 'forward'. Especially when there aren't any decent managers available at the moment.

Kelly has already moved the club forward anyway in my opinion. This time last year (after the Boxing Day fixture), we had won 5, drawn 11, and lost 8 - amassing 26 points. This year we're on 32 points. Yes, we're 6 points better off!

No doubt you'll still somehow twist these facts to suit your personal views on Kelly, but he's doing alright in my book.

Depends on your level of ambition I suppose.

I've no idea what you perceive as my personal views on Kelly. I criticised Kelly on day one just as strongly and loudly as I campaigned for his appointment as manager.

Neither his month without a win nor his latest month without a defeat have made any difference to my general view - that he is cautious, tactically suspect and unimaginative.

I would love/would have loved a more exciting manager but am in no hurry to replace one cautious, unimaginative manager with another, or worse, thanks.

Nor do the six points you mention impress me one way or another. Kelly has done very little to develop the side. His signings have been woeful in the main and we are still lacking in virtually all the departments we were lacking when Levein was here.

He doesn't use obvious opportunities to further develop our team and give himself a greater range of fit options. The loss of the reserves has ben an unmitigated disaster and he has numerous players hanging around the club who are of no use to him at all.

Before you talk about my pre-conceived opinions you could first remove your blinkers.

Furthermore I also hope you don't include me in your list of people hoping we lose so they can have a go at Kelly.

I have never wished ill on any Leicester manager or player for that matter and cannot ever recall criticising Kelly without giving my reasons in full.

I like Kisnorbo as a centre-back but still criticise his passing and while Nisse would never have been my choice at left-back I am absolutely delighted by his improvement and the way he's made the best of himself.

My only concern is that Leicester has the best team it can put together playing at the highest level it can achieve.

I wouldn't like to say until after January.

We're actually playing well at the moment and I wouldn't like to unsettle the team with a manager change. With the way we are playing I'm not sure it would be a good move to sack him just yet.

I was one of those infuriated by Kelly not so long ago but now he seems to be making near on sensible team selections and they are paying off.

I'd give him some time, see what happens in January, then ask me again.

I wanted him out and I have changed my mind! :P

Results turned and so did my stance on this issue, but I have seen that the results are governed by players available. Kelly's substitutions annoy me they didn't make sence away at Norwich, or Wolves. Johnson, Low, are awful players, but I appreciate he had no funds. Hammond is a bad footballer who he continues to play instead of the better but less match fit Fryatt who needs games.

Football is a results business! If they are good Kelly is great better than Jose or SAF. If we lose and perform badly consitantly Kelly out I say. Its a results business, unfair yes, but we are Leicester City we should not be in this position, unfortuneately for Rob He needs support from the board(who really should shoulder the blame for lack of funds & therefore less players / quality) / Mandaric (Please God).

Its my team, my money I spend, time wasted / enjoyed, so my opinion will change with the clubs results fickle or usual?

If anyone is putting these results down to the coaching magic of Kelly, Fat Mike and League Two Miller then you have been taken in good style.

It is no coincidence that our fortunes turned after MM was on hand to see the insipid jaw dropping humiliation at home to Sheffield Wednesday. When I told you we would win at Wolves it was because I knew the players would give a reaction, they don't give two hoots about the manager the fact he has fallen out with over half the squad and rarely speaks to most of them demonstrates that, but they do care about their future and their pay check each month.

Our football and tactics hasn't got any better, but the players are knuckling down for their future.

A manager knows his time is up when the Board and certain players tell him to exclude a player from the squad. He's a goner, is Kelly, so there is no need to start these threads anymore but the one thing we can be thankful for is our return to a winning form has made us more attractive to outsiders :thumbup:

This run of good results scares me,don't get me wrong I will take a Leicester win above anything but if it means Kelly stays in charge for a second longer than he otherwise would, then that's bad for City.I didn't think Kelly was the right man from the start and I stand by that he got the job by default but wasn't isn't and never will be good enough to take us back to where we belong!

This run of good results scares me,don't get me wrong I will take a Leicester win above anything but if it means Kelly stays in charge for a second longer than he otherwise would, then that's bad for City.I didn't think Kelly was the right man from the start and I stand by that he got the job by default but wasn't isn't and never will be good enough to take us back to where we belong!

:blink::blink::blink:

WTF??? Don't get me wrong I want the bloke out too, but good grief I always want a win regardless of who the boss is as they will get found out in due course.

If Rob Kelly somehow manages to make a manger then good for him, but all the criticism he has received has been justified to this point. Should he actually manage to keep this run going and not have it followed by defeats as is his history then it proves he is learning.

But seeing as he is out the door soon this is all a waste of time.

If anyone is putting these results down to the coaching magic of Kelly, Fat Mike and League Two Miller then you have been taken in good style.

they don't give two hoots about the manager the fact he has fallen out with over half the squad and rarely speaks to most of them demonstrates that, but they do care about their future and their pay check each month.

:thumbup:

Where does this come from? You make it sound like a fact....is it and how do you know?

Barton makes everything sound like fact, when it's just based on rumour and speculation.

The way he speaks you'd think Kelly will be given the chop any minute and the MM will have taken over next week. Best to take anything he says with a pinch of salt :thumbup:

So is it just coincidence we havn't seen these polls around for a few weeks? Has it just sliped peoples minds to create the thread?

*Note to people who did want Kelly out

-If you want Kelly Out, If you said he couldn't do the job stand by your words, Certain people REALLY wanted him out so I ask you the question why only make the threads when we lose? If you really think he cannot do the job win, lose or draw do the thread, moan about him, stand by your words...

I'm not saying Kelly definetly the man, I admit he is abit hit and miss with things, but he does not deserve the amount of slagging off he receives.

I admit the last week/The next week I am just going on results because I can't see how we are playing,

The point of this thread is that I and I think others are with me on this view that all it takes is 1 loss and a hell of alot of people are bad on the Kelly Out bandwagon.

Completely agreed.

Amazing the amount of 'No' votes now :thumbup:

Rob Kelly or one of his mates blatantly comes onto these boards because whatever you lot say, he does the following matchday!!

Bollocks.

If that were true, Sheehan, King and Dodds would be in the 16 regularly and Low/Johnson would have had contracts issued for their death by now. :ph34r:

Bollocks.

If that were true, Sheehan, King and Dodds would be in the 16 regularly and Low/Johnson would have had contracts issued for their death by now. :ph34r:

maybe he prefers some posters to others. I haven't been here long enough to get a feel for the king, sheehan et al bandwagon in all its prominance. I'll catch up...!!

Rob Kelly or one of his mates blatantly comes onto these boards because whatever you lot say, he does the following matchday!!

Well I wish he'd read a bit closer and get Andy King involved and I wish he'd read a bit more in the close season before he presented us with a side so woefully short of goals and backing for the attack. :D

People have commented on whether we can maintain our run and most have stated that our lack of goals is the big problem. That was plainly obvious last July.

For sure Hughes and Tiatto aren't going to conjure up many goals between them so King is the obvious next step.

He would help provide Hammond and Hume with more space and Porter with more opportunity to be an attacker intstead of the improvised defender he being increasingly used as half the time.

But whether he reads this or not Kelly will continue to use Hughes as a pretend right winger and, effectively, as a second harrasser when we only need - and can only afford - one.

Until we get midfielders driving into the box we've no chance of seriously increasing our goals tally.

Right now, apart from free kicks, we get two, plus occasionally Porter into the box. A good side needs six or even seven.

Until we get midfielders driving into the box we've no chance of seriously increasing our goals tally.

Surely getting our strikers going first is the priority? You could well be right about the ability of youth players like King, but to suggest more goals from midfield is the solution to what is obviously a striking problem seems a little short-sighted to me.

Surely getting our strikers going first is the priority? You could well be right about the ability of youth players like King, but to suggest more goals from midfield is the solution to what is obviously a striking problem seems a little short-sighted to me.

Sadly the two things are directly interlinked.

Our strikers simply don't receive enough penetrating passes either from central midfield or from the right flank.

To compensate, they move further and further back to try and make something for themselves and, while Kelly gives the illusion of playing 4-4-2 it actually ends up more of a 4-5-1.

Furthermore because central midfield fails to provide more than very little backing into the box, the strikers are easily marked because they have so few passing options in close proximity.

Sadly the two things are directly interlinked.

Our strikers simply don't receive enough penetrating passes either from central midfield or from the right flank.

To compensate, they move further and further back to try and make something for themselves and, while Kelly gives the illusion of playing 4-4-2 it actually ends up more of a 4-5-1.

Furthermore because central midfield fails to provide more than very little backing into the box, the strikers are easily marked because they have so few passing options in close proximity.

So you're saying we need more than the two front men pushing up alone to create the space we need for more direct scoring oppurtunities?

If so I think I see what you mean now.

Well I wish he'd read a bit closer and get Andy King involved and I wish he'd read a bit more in the close season before he presented us with a side so woefully short of goals and backing for the attack. :D

lol lol lol

:thumbsup:

Archived