Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Kelly Out

Kelly Out  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly Out

• Yes
    • No
    • Ask me when we lose next then everyone can jump on the bandwagon!

So is it just coincidence we havn't seen these polls around for a few weeks? Has it just sliped peoples minds to create the thread?

*Note to people who did want Kelly out

-If you want Kelly Out, If you said he couldn't do the job stand by your words, Certain people REALLY wanted him out so I ask you the question why only make the threads when we lose? If you really think he cannot do the job win, lose or draw do the thread, moan about him, stand by your words...

I'm not saying Kelly definetly the man, I admit he is abit hit and miss with things, but he does not deserve the amount of slagging off he receives.

I admit the last week/The next week I am just going on results because I can't see how we are playing,

The point of this thread is that I and I think others are with me on this view that all it takes is 1 loss and a hell of alot of people are bad on the Kelly Out bandwagon.

i dont want him out he seems to be doing the job now i think it was a case of getting near enough a full strength squad and got them playing right all we need now is hume, hamond and fryatt to start scoring regualy and we should shoot up the league (hopefully)

i dont want him out he seems to be doing the job now i think it was a case of getting near enough a full strength squad and got them playing right all we need now is hume, hamond and fryatt to start scoring regualy and we should shoot up the league (hopefully)

Exactly the point i'm making! I don't know if this is what will happen but reading what you've wrote there it says to me he's going through a good run at the moment but if he loses 1 or 2 and draws a couple I want him out...as I said don't know if that'll be the case with you but that what it looks like after what you have just wrote!

No doubt the 'usual suspects' (I'll spare the naming and shaming, they know who they are) are eagerly anticipating our next loss and will immediately pounce on Kelly then.

I've stuck by Kelly all along (though I admit I was wavering before the Wolves game) with a handful of other people on this site. To me he's done a reasonable job - certainly not as bad as some people are making out, and certainly doesn't warrant the sack. We could be worse off, though I accept we also could be higher up.

For all of Kelly's inadequacies and mistakes, he's doing much better than Craig Levein and I can see us improving. It might take a while, but I'm prepared to give him time and I'll accept midtable mediocrity for a season or two. We have no divine right to be the best team in this league, not with our finances or the players at our disposal.

The main reason i voted yes is because i dont trust him with the money. No doubt he will get us another mid-table finish and if your happy with that for the foreseeable future then yeah let him stay.

But if you want the MM money to be spent well, then you need someone who knows the transfer market and has a lot more managing experience than Kelly.

The main reason i voted yes is because i dont trust him with the money. No doubt he will get us another mid-table finish and if your happy with that for the foreseeable future then yeah let him stay.

But if you want the MM money to be spent well, then you need someone who knows the transfer market and has a lot more managing experience than Kelly.

Such as?

Such as?

Ideally until yesterday i wanted Pardew.

Iain Dowie has experience as a manager and has won promotion out of this division. So he knows what he would be looking for.

Someone along these lines. I know its the same old names. But both have more experience and experience of promotion which is the long term goal.

No i agree there has been an improvement lately. I wont knock that and whilst he's in control of the club I will support him. But as i've noted in other thread, 2 of the last 4 games have been against 2 of the bottom 4. So i dont know what sort of results people expected from these games anyway.

My problems comes with the money from Milan. I dont trust him to spend it wisely, that along with the fact that i dont believe he's ever going to take us to the play-offs means i think when/if MM takes over he should removed from the position.

I want to see the club move forward, the MM money will allow that and i want to make the most of that opportunity and i dont believe that RK is the man..

16th in the championship, I'm so happy. :rolleyes:

I don't condone calling for Kellys head, but he's just lost six in a row, he has alot to do before I believe he's the man to take this club forward. All those fans who think Kelly is fantastic after a few good results are just as bad as those who think he should be gone after a few bad ones IMO.

16th in the championship, I'm so happy. :rolleyes:

I don't condone calling for Kellys head, but he's just lost six in a row, he has alot to do before I believe he's the man to take this club forward. All those fans who think Kelly is fantastic after a few good results are just as bad as those who think he should be gone after a few bad ones IMO.

That's not true now is it?

He lost 4 in a row:

Sat 18 15:00 H Preston FLC L 0-1

Sat 25 15:00 A Derby County FLC L 0-1

Tue 28 19:45 A Norwich City FLC L 1-3

Sat 2 15:00 H Sheffield Wed FLC L 1-4

I've stuck by Kelly all along (though I admit I was wavering before the Wolves game) with a handful of other people on this site. To me he's done a reasonable job - certainly not as bad as some people are making out, and certainly doesn't warrant the sack. We could be worse off, though I accept we also could be higher up.

For all of Kelly's inadequacies and mistakes, he's doing much better than Craig Levein and I can see us improving. It might take a while, but I'm prepared to give him time and I'll accept midtable mediocrity for a season or two. We have no divine right to be the best team in this league, not with our finances or the players at our disposal.

I'm with you on that one. :yesyes:

Sure we hit a bad spell (it seems being nominated for manager of the month and not getting it is a greater curse than winning it!) but we stopped the rot, won a couple of games and gone from there. As for beating two of the bottom four teams ... so what? There's 24 teams in this league, you have to win against as many as possible to go anywhere. It's not as if beating Birmingham and Preston would mean anything more than beating Barnsley.

People who chant from the "it's only Barnsleh" hymn-sheet should keep in mind that last season we beat Sheffield United 4-2 - a team who went on to secure Automatic promotion... where'd that leave us? In the shit!

It's a progression thing - for a couple of years, we've truly failed to do the basics right all too often. A few wins over two relegation candidates could be considered a basic - to remain in a given league it's usually a good idea to beat the teams below and around you. :whistle:

What I'd really love to know is - if the Mandy takeover goes 'nipples skywards' who the hell do people want to take charge? Bearing in mind we can't afford to pay the incumbent off and pay compensation for another who's already employed... and given that we have to sell to buy... Who is there? Who can we trust - who's available already - and has a proven record in dealing in both senses, buying and selling?

The list of available managers doesn't inspire me much at all. :ph34r:

Kelly still has my backing, despite the recent blip.

That's not true now is it?

He lost 4 in a row:

Sat 18 15:00 H Preston FLC L 0-1

Sat 25 15:00 A Derby County FLC L 0-1

Tue 28 19:45 A Norwich City FLC L 1-3

Sat 2 15:00 H Sheffield Wed FLC L 1-4

I'm so sorry, how could I forgert that we managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory against Plymouth :rolleyes:.

For some strange reason that felt like a defeat.

Iain Dowie has experience as a manager and has won promotion out of this division. So he knows what he would be looking for.

Well, he bought a heap of shite for Taylor at Palace, and then went to Charlton and bought more shite.

Can't see that he's the man that you'd want to spend anyone's money.

Kelly's greatest protection is that the alternatives are looking increasingly grim. Can't see Dowie would be a step forward.

Which managers are or would be available then? Which of them would be up for the job?

I heard a certain Micky Adams is falling out of favours at Coventry these days. Both him and Dowie supposedly sailed into the Premiership with two old vessels a couple of years ago.:ph34r:

Archived