Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Cadamarteri

Sorry if this has been posted.

It's on the OS. :o:o:o

:rolleyes:

Leicester City have today completed the signing of former Everton and Sheffield United forward Danny Cadamarteri on a deal that will run until the end of the 2006-07 season.

Cadamarteri arrived at the club a fortnight ago to initially train with the Foxes squad.

And the 27-year-old forward has suitably impressed City boss Rob Kelly enough to be offered a short-term deal at the Walkers Stadium.

Kelly said: "Danny is a player who I have followed since he was a youngster at Everton. He is a forward and he has got pace.

"Danny has had a little spell out of the game and he is hungry. He's 27 now and has got a young family. I am sure he would admit himself that he hasn't really realised his potential.

"He burst on to the scene as a teenager at Everton and for one reason or another he hasn't fulfilled that potential. But he has now realised that he has got another opportunity.

"He wants to do well and wants to achieve what his ability and talent should allow him to.

"He has looked after himself during his break. He has been playing for Grays Athletic in the Conference to keep himself ticking over and has been training with us for a couple of weeks now.

"Obviously, he is only going to get match fitness by playing matches. But he is certainly in good nick in general fitness terms."

Cadamarteri began his professional playing career as a 17 year-old at Everton - and will probably be best remembered by Toffees fans for his cool finish in the famous 2-0 victory over Liverpool in 1997.

After six years at Goodison Park, Cadamarteri moved on to his hometown club Bradford in 2002 before making the short trip to Leeds United in July 2004. The speedy forward was then on the move again later that year when a £50,000 deal secured his services for Sheffield United.

Cadamarteri found his way back to Bradford at the start of the 2005-06 season, where he made 39 appearances during the campaign for the Yorkshire outfit.

Danny made two appearances for Grays Athletic of the Conference during December in his quest for match action.

The player has been handed the number 24 shirt.

Had great potential when he first started out, and seems to have lost his way a bit. But still, at only 27, he is no Nathan Blake and therefore is not a bad option till the end of the season seeing as Milan looks unlikely to buy us. Well done Rob, might turn out to be a very good back up player.

I do hope this does not mean Dodds dropping down the striking list and instead O'Grady being sent to the nearest plane out of leicester lol

Yes, all the best.... lets hope it works out for you, us, LCFC and Rob Kelly..... but beware some posters on here will be willing your failure, as has already been shown in previous threads.... lets hope that they give you a chance to prove yourself before they come baying for your blood :mellow:

hmmmmmm well.......

guess we must wait, what does signing him mean though????? Hume going????

i do hope your wrong

signing danny might just be to try and make elvis better or at least help us to TRY and score some gaols

I'm undecided as to whether this is a good signing or not. I certainly hope it works for him here - we do have a bit of a reputation for reviving players' careers e.g. Dickov. I just hope the fans get behind him and don't judge him before we've seen him play a few games.

That said, I can't help feeling we could have done a lot better than him. :(

Oh Danny Cadamarteri

He really is sublime

And when he plays for Leicester

He dreams of doing lines

He gave up Gray's Athletic

And he said 'cause they're whack'

He signed here at the Walkers

to pay for his next crack

Not bad for a 2 minute effort lol

:P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice! :thumbup:

And the club's "best natural finisher" according to Kelly together with perhaps our best attacking midfielder in years move further back in the pecking order...without the semblance of the chance Cadamarteri is getting.

Cadamarteri had better be good but I've never seen it yet over any prolonged period of time.

Archived