Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Cadamarteri

Not ready! Quite likely not fit after his wasted half-season. But Dodds has demonstrated his ability at every level he's played so far including his 60-odd goals over the last three seasons for Reserves and Academy while Cadamarteri has never been "ready" in his entire career by the looks of his record.

People need to remember that it's all very well stoking the fire with extra logs but there's only so much room in the grate and for everyone who arrives, someone moves further down the pecking order.

I don't agree with it but can just about understand it with O'Grady because he's never shown himself to be a prolific marksman.

But Dodds must be feeling so frustrated and wondering what the hell he's done wrong to be so glaringly overlooked even to the point where he was recalled from Northwich and then, seemingly ignored, judging by the lack of any credible explanation.

We have a situation where "the most natural finisher in our club" according to Kelly himself just weeks ago, can't get a kick while some guy comes off the streets from non-League circles - having done very little in a whole decade of football - and gets a golden opportunity.

If some fans have faith in such nonsense, fine, but I'm not one of em. It smacks of Kelly just being dogmatic about playing 4-4-2 any way he can when our personnel is far better suited to 4-3-3.

For me it's just the latest in a line of strange happenings at the club.

if it makes you feel better Thrac with the takeover i'd imagine Dodds will be overlooked further due to money being available for more new players to come in... I hope he does get a shout someday, pretty soon at that but it doesn't look likely. Remember though that when Conrad went out on loan and made some headlines he eventually found his way into the first team, If Dodds is that good then he will get his chance to do the same soon no doubt - although his time at Northwich didn't sound amazing.

if it makes you feel better Thrac with the takeover i'd imagine Dodds will be overlooked further due to money being available for more new players to come in... I hope he does get a shout someday, pretty soon at that but it doesn't look likely. Remember though that when Conrad went out on loan and made some headlines he eventually found his way into the first team, If Dodds is that good then he will get his chance to do the same soon no doubt - although his time at Northwich didn't sound amazing.

I really don't get this kids don't get a chance mentality. In our first team squad this season we have Stearman, Wesoloski, Porter, Logan and O grady who have all featured. Rob has played them, and if they are not playing or are yet to play then they obviously are not quite ready. Rob Kelly sees them on the training ground next to players like Williams and Low, and so evidently King and Gradel are not as good. Dodds didn't do outstandingly well on loan he had a good start scoring in his 2 and 3rd games, but after that faded out a little, and if he didn't impress that much at conference level, I doubt very much he is going to have much impact at Championship level as there is a whole two leagues difference between them.

Not ready! Quite likely not fit after his wasted half-season. But Dodds has demonstrated his ability at every level he's played so far including his 60-odd goals over the last three seasons for Reserves and Academy while Cadamarteri has never been "ready" in his entire career by the looks of his record.

People need to remember that it's all very well stoking the fire with extra logs but there's only so much room in the grate and for everyone who arrives, someone moves further down the pecking order.

I don't agree with it but can just about understand it with O'Grady because he's never shown himself to be a prolific marksman.

But Dodds must be feeling so frustrated and wondering what the hell he's done wrong to be so glaringly overlooked even to the point where he was recalled from Northwich and then, seemingly ignored, judging by the lack of any credible explanation.

We have a situation where "the most natural finisher in our club" according to Kelly himself just weeks ago, can't get a kick while some guy comes off the streets from non-League circles - having done very little in a whole decade of football - and gets a golden opportunity.

If some fans have faith in such nonsense, fine, but I'm not one of em. It smacks of Kelly just being dogmatic about playing 4-4-2 any way he can when our personnel is far better suited to 4-3-3.

For me it's just the latest in a line of strange happenings at the club.

I find it starnge how you say that we have personnel suited better to 4-3-3. for that you need 3 strong centre midfielders. Either 2 defensive or two attacking. Now you could play Porter and Williams in advanced midfielde positions with Weso holding that would work, but up front Hume is a player who has to play off someone, and Fryatt has to lead the line, they are a good pair as was shown by last season. Hammond dosn't have the crossing ability to play wide right and we don't have a left winger at the club (I mean winger in the Gamst Pederson, Giggs way that they are prepared to get wide and forward, Porter is a left midfielder, not a winger), therefore I cannot see how you can justify having players suited to that. You mention King, but playing 3 attacking midfielders and 3 strikers would be distrarous, we would never get the ball.

I admire Kelly's confidence in thinking he can make him a player, but he was never that good at Everton, if he didn't have that pineapple top back then he'd have gone un-noticed I am sure.

Yes we need players, but I'd have thought a loan signing of a youngster hungry to prove himself would have been a better option. I am not sure I'd be overly happy if I was Louis Dodds, I'd be slapping in a transfer request or one to go back out on loan again.

I really don't get this kids don't get a chance mentality. In our first team squad this season we have Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter, Logan and O grady who have all featured. Rob has played them, and if they are not playing or are yet to play then they obviously are not quite ready. Rob Kelly sees them on the training ground next to players like Williams and Low, and so evidently King and Gradel are not as good. Dodds didn't do outstandingly well on loan he had a good start scoring in his 2 and 3rd games, but after that faded out a little, and if he didn't impress that much at conference level, I doubt very much he is going to have much impact at Championship level as there is a whole two leagues difference between them.

And Odhiambo vs. Villa

I understand Kelly's reasoning. He knows Cadamarteri from his days at Everton and knows he's capable of playing at that level. I just find it worrying that he overlooks the fact he's never reproduced that form... ever...

And just how much clearer can it get for a player like Dodds when a guy who's not shown anything in years, been injured a lot and just played for a team at the same level he has, get's a chance?

I disagree with Kelly's judgement, but I hope it turns out to be one of those strange inspired signings...

You can't just solely focus on one player, if you talk about Cottee you must also acknowledge that he had terrific teammates at West Ham (under John Lyall and Harry Redknapp) and Colin Harvey's/Joe Royle's Everton, where he scored 246 goals in 578 games between 1984 (at age 19) and 1994.

Err I didn't focus on one player, that was FIAB, I was questioning the validity of his use of Cottee to justify RKs signing of Cadamarteri - methinks you've lost the thread somewhere? Yet again you've justified my one and only point. Thank you!

Since we're in the first division, if he's willing to push he'll do alright. :cool:

Dont try and be smart.

Were in the Championship or are we now reverting back to the old format.

And whoever thinks that he'll do ok needs there head examined, He's fooking useless and for a striker he does not score goals.

Dont try and be smart.

Were in the Championship or are we now reverting back to the old format.

And whoever thinks that he'll do ok needs there head examined, He's fooking useless and for a striker he does not score goals.

You confused me.

When you say First Division - it means Championship to me. :whistle:

If you're going to use the new names, use them properly. ;) It's League One you're looking for, I guess. :santa:

I find it starnge how you say that we have personnel suited better to 4-3-3. for that you need 3 strong centre midfielders. Either 2 defensive or two attacking. Now you could play Porter and Williams in advanced midfielde positions with Weso holding that would work, but up front Hume is a player who has to play off someone, and Fryatt has to lead the line, they are a good pair as was shown by last season. Hammond dosn't have the crossing ability to play wide right and we don't have a left winger at the club (I mean winger in the Gamst Pederson, Giggs way that they are prepared to get wide and forward, Porter is a left midfielder, not a winger), therefore I cannot see how you can justify having players suited to that. You mention King, but playing 3 attacking midfielders and 3 strikers would be distrarous, we would never get the ball.

Forward options with 4-3-3:

King, Williams, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt/Dodds.

King, Williams, Tiatto;

Hammond, Hume, Porter (changing flanks)

King, Williams, Hughes/Wesolowski;

Hammond, Hume, Porter;

You could substitute a fit Dodds or Fryatt in either of the striker roles. Hughes could take Tiatto's role in the event of injury. The options are numerous especially if the full-backs provide close support.

Forward options with 4-3-3:

King, Williams, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt/Dodds.

King, Williams, Tiatto;

Hammond, Hume, Porter (changing flanks)

King, Williams, Hughes/Wesolowski;

Hammond, Hume, Porter;

You could substitute a fit Dodds or Fryatt in either of the striker roles. Hughes could take Tiatto's role in the event of injury. The options are numerous especially if the full-backs provide close support.

the trouble with these fictious teams is that they never play and nobody can prove you wrong. the formation looks ok in theory and i'm not saying it couldn't work. but we must remember that RK is an ex-professional and has his coaching badges. for all the opinions of various posters on this forum, he must know something.

You confused me.

When you say First Division - it means Championship to me. :whistle:

If you're going to use the new names, use them properly. ;) It's League One you're looking for, I guess. :santa:

League one, Division one, First Division, Whatever. They all have a 1 in them and dont begin with a C like our Division does.

1st Division used to be the Premier league too but im sure you knew he would'nt be that standard now. lol

League one, Division one, First Division, Whatever. They all have a 1 in them and dont begin with a C like our Division does.

1st Division used to be the Premier league too but im sure you knew he would'nt be that standard now. lol

:thumbsup:

He might be... he's only 27, you know. ;)

:thumbsup:

He might be... he's only 27, you know. ;)

Hey what's say we forget about fooking divisions and just agree that "Danny the Cad" aint good enough? Anyone that thinks adding a player of his calibre and with his record is improving our squad or a sign of the club's intention to step things up is a numpty and completely deluded...wake up and smell the coffee for goodness sake :angry:

I can understand the negative reaction towards the signing. I've got to admit, I'm not exactly thrilled by the news.

However, we can only judge him once we've seen him play in a Leicester shirt. Cadamarteri has admitted that he's not done himself justice, and perhaps this is the last chance he'll get to play at this level.

Dickov was in a similar situation at Man City. An average striker, with an average goal scoring record to match. As been mentioned in this thread, we revived his career, albeit under different management. Dickov worked very hard at his game, whereas someone like Cadamarteri has natural talent, but has been unable to fulfill it due to a lack of application and poor attitude.

We have to be realistic here. Forget MM for now, the state of play is that we have virtually no money to improve the team. Even if we do sell a couple of our top players such as Hume and Kisnorbo, those funds would be utilised to service the outstanding debt repayments on the stadium, along with attempting to minimise losses as a result of parachute payments ceasing.

I can understand the negative reaction towards the signing. I've got to admit, I'm not exactly thrilled by the news.

However, we can only judge him once we've seen him play in a Leicester shirt. Cadamarteri has admitted that he's not done himself justice, and perhaps this is the last chance he'll get to play at this level.

Dickov was in a similar situation at Man City. An average striker, with an average goal scoring record to match. As been mentioned in this thread, we revived his career, albeit under different management. Dickov worked very hard at his game, whereas someone like Cadamarteri has natural talent, but has been unable to fulfill it due to a lack of application and poor attitude.

We have to be realistic here. Forget MM for now, the state of play is that we have virtually no money to improve the team. Even if we do sell a couple of our top players such as Hume and Kisnorbo, those funds would be utilised to service the outstanding debt repayments on the stadium, along with attempting to minimise losses as a result of parachute payments ceasing.

What you say comes over a bit gloomy but it all makes sense.

Whatever my own reservations lets hope Danny the Cad finds the strength of character to do his ability some justice and that the club gets an unexpected bonus.

As a few have said, I cannot imagine how he'll be worse than some we've already tried.

Good luck to the guy.

Archived