Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Colchester Match Reactions

I disagree. Today was different. We had 9 shots on target I think which is a decent number in any game. We got a point and could/should have won against a team on an amazing home run. In the first half especially we went forward and had a go at them! There is a lot of improvement still needed but to expect a huge dramatic improvement overnight seems a bit much...we've battled and worked hard for two games in a row now, its not much but its a positive.

I don't expect a huge improvement. I just expect us to address the same problems that manifest themselves week after week instead of pretending they don't exist and nievely imagining they will disappear of their own account.

As I said before at the start there was nothing progressive about our team selection - nothing even on the bench to correct our failings. So once again we made no progess.

The ref totally ruined todays game, that was the poorest home game this season for the football played and the atmosphere. You boys had a decent first half and we had a bit of a nightmare with our midfield failing badly and the ref frustrating both teams with his ludicrous decisions.

We should have had one if not two penalties in the 1st half for a foul and a handball, perhaps thats why he gifted us that pen in the second half when most people saw very little to warrant a penalty. The yellow card red card yellow card for Duguid just about summed him up. I see on the match thread your fans thought he was biased towards Colchester, I can tell you that is not how we saw it. He was very poor for both sides, and the game was a non event because of it. Your boys certainly kept Iwelumo and Cureton quiet for most of the game, although as I said our midfield were giving them very little service. Anyway I hope your fans enjoyed standing on the terraces, sorry it was such a poor game, and so quiet! Hopefully if we are in the same division next year you will see a more typical Layer Road game.

The ref totally ruined todays game, that was the poorest home game this season for the football played and the atmosphere. You boys had a decent first half and we had a bit of a nightmare with our midfield failing badly and the ref frustrating both teams with his ludicrous decisions.

We should have had one if not two penalties in the 1st half for a foul and a handball, perhaps thats why he gifted us that pen in the second half when most people saw very little to warrant a penalty. The yellow card red card yellow card for Duguid just about summed him up. I see on the match thread your fans thought he was biased towards Colchester, I can tell you that is not how we saw it. He was very poor for both sides, and the game was a non event because of it. Your boys certainly kept Iwelumo and Cureton quiet for most of the game, although as I said our midfield were giving them very little service. Anyway I hope your fans enjoyed standing on the terraces, sorry it was such a poor game, and so quiet! Hopefully if we are in the same division next year you will see a more typical Layer Road game.

Were both going to think he was biased to one another but he did give you boys alot more than us,the man was a complete joke.

We had a good time,bit disapointed with the home fans its normally alot better atmosphere from you lot.

Good day though,and not a bad result. :thumbup:

Were both going to think he was biased to one another but he did give you boys alot more than us,the man was a complete joke.

We had a good time,bit disapointed with the home fans its normally alot better atmosphere from you lot.

Good day though,and not a bad result. :thumbup:

It was a poor atmosphere because of that twat, we thought he was biased against us :(

It was a poor atmosphere because of that twat, we thought he was biased against us :(

Yeah,as i said were both going to think that its natural.

Was great fun parking before the game :whistle: Nightmare.

Surely your happy with a draw though?

Yeah,as i said were both going to think that its natural.

Was great fun parking before the game :whistle: Nightmare.

Surely your happy with a draw though?

In the end a draw was a fair result, although we were not sure why our last goal was ruled out.

Re parking where did you go, if you come down to layer Road again go and park on Abbey Fields (although it was a bit muddy today!) hundreds of places and all completely free.

Or are you saying it was a nightmare because you got stuck in the mud lol

In the end a draw was a fair result, although we were not sure why our last goal was ruled out.

Re parking where did you go, if you come down to layer Road again go and park on Abbey Fields (although it was a bit muddy today!) hundreds of places and all completely free.

Errrh down a side road,loads of cars down there just took for ever to find somewhere.

We had two ruled out,one was for a foul the other i assume was offside, couldn't see alot.

Yeah id say a draw was a fair result,if we had got at your more in the second half and used our possession a bit more rather than playing lump ball we maybe could have got something.

Errrh down a side road,loads of cars down there just took for ever to find somewhere.

We had two ruled out,one was for a foul the other i assume was offside, couldn't see alot.

Yeah id say a draw was a fair result,if we had got at your more in the second half and used our possession a bit more rather than playing lump ball we maybe could have got something.

Next time you come to Layer Road wils turn into circular road off Butt road, next left into circular road north and the massive field next to that is free to park on.

Parking

Chris Iwelumo pushed Paddy McCarthy in the build up.

And how you can say that after that (allegedly) awfull penatly I don't know. :D

From the Colchester OS

The visitors deserve credit for being the first side in a while to take the game to the U's on their own turf and merited their own rewards from their visit to north Essex.

Thanks for that quote davie.

A team that have won 11 straight games at home have applauded how we approached the game - "taking it to them" sounds to me like an attacking approach.

Is Thrach happy? Not a bit because Dodds Gradel and King were nowhere to be seen.

Unbelievable.

at least we didnt loose

but we should of won 2 disallowed goals iirc :@:mad:

One was a definate foul,well it looked it from the other end and there wasnt any complaints.

And the other was offside,so i dont feel we were robbed by that tbh.

One was a definate foul,well it looked it from the other end and there wasnt any complaints.

And the other was offside,so i dont feel we were robbed by that tbh.

it sounded like it on the radio tho

thats my opinion, and that penalty the ref's a joke tbh

A team that have won 11 straight games at home have applauded how we approached the game - "taking it to them" sounds to me like an attacking approach.

Is Thrach happy? Not a bit because Dodds Gradel and King were nowhere to be seen.

Unbelievable.

Summed it up perfectly.

Unbelievable.

He'll never be happy. :rolleyes:

Can't knock the peformance today, a point is a good result, sounded like we played good football and we were very unlucky not to get the win.

Perhaps two points dropped but if i had been offered a point before the game I would have taken it especially considering Colchester's home form. Excellent approach to the game, we went for it and didnt stop when we scored (apart from maybe 1st 10 mins which i didnt see) and were still pressing right at the end when Hume could have scored were he a few inches bigger.

Noone played badly, Paddy Mac still needs to acquire common sense, Hughes and Williams seemed to have got some confidence. We played some really nice stuff at times and broke forward quickly. Levi did really well against a very good right back and Fryatt looke dlike he had something to prove.

Didnt see the penalty and the ref was generally poor, not biased just shite, but claims colchester should have 2 pens are ridiculous. Home support was a bit noisy n spells but quiet in the main and only 1 part of the ground seemed to ever do anything. Only disappointing thing maybe was weso did not come on. Stearman did not look like there was any likelihood he would play

it sounded like it on the radio tho

thats my opinion, and that penalty the ref's a joke tbh

I know,but its a bit different listening to it on the radio and actually being there.

The penalty there didnt look much in it but as i said we were at the opposite end and didnt see it atal.

Unbelievable.

Why would I be happy?. What has changed or been repaired?. Nothing. What has been learned or improved? Nothing? Virtually no shots from midfield and no support into the box. You might be easily pleased but I'm not.

Archived