Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Why can't City ever be settled when winning!

hate to admit it and im sorry but i saw it coming and i said to my mate "We cant possipbly lose it now, could we?"

i'd rather have lost 4-3 in ET (or even on pens) rather than the goal in the 92nd min. 3rd time this season we have conceded a last minute goal.

Villa

Plymouth

Fulham

anymore?

hate to admit it and im sorry but i saw it coming and i said to my mate "We cant possipbly lose it now, could we?"

i'd rather have lost 4-3 in ET (or even on pens) rather than the goal in the 92nd min. 3rd time this season we have conceded a last minute goal.

Villa

Plymouth

Fulham

anymore?

:dunno: We've done it to other teams at least twice that I can think of, you win some, you lose some.

At the end of the day we were beaten by a slightly better team. If you look at Montella's two goals I think he did McCarthy postionally both times.

Highest fee paid for McCarthy? Free Transfer

Highest fee paid for Montella? 25 million euros.

That's why we lost. Nothing to be ashamed of or criticise

At the end of the day we were beaten by a slightly better team. If you look at Montella's two goals I think he did McCarthy postionally both times.

Highest fee paid for McCarthy? Free Transfer

Highest fee paid for Montella? 25 million euros.

That's why we lost. Nothing to be ashamed of or criticise

Mcarthy should of nailed him with montellas first goal he was right on him then backed off.

We get scared when were winning, 2 goal cushion complasency kicked in, then fulham upped their game and we freaked out and lost the plot, midfield disappeared.

and yeh probs did jinx ourselves singing Que-sera-sera but when your winning u think ur safe to sing it lol

Has to be down the experience.

Our young team really needs ome experienced players to set an example.

It certainly sounds as if we need a leader in defence, confidence and the fitness to see the job through.

Our youngest and most inexperienced players - Fryatt, Porter, Wesolowski - all seemed to do fine but our defence seemed to lack any sort of leadership and sounded shambolic at times, particularly when it came to free kicks and corners.

Such a shame because after seasons of misery our young side at last showed the sort of football we want to see regularly from City shirts. They were clearly outstanding at times.

Sadly, our most experienced player, Danny Tiatto, failed to last once more, despite playing well.

It certainly sounds as if we need a leader in defence, confidence and the fitness to see the job through.

Our youngest and most inexperienced players - Fryatt, Porter, Wesolowski - all seemed to do fine but our defence seemed to lack any sort of leadership and sounded shambolic at times, particularly when it came to free kicks and corners.

Such a shame because after seasons of misery our young side at last showed the sort of football we want to see regularly from City shirts. They were clearly outstanding at times.

Sadly, our most experienced player, Danny Tiatto, failed to last once more, despite playing well.

It's hardly his fault is it.

It cant be one thing that is the reason for us throwing away leads as it has happened for years. In the premier a couple that stand out was beating Newcastle 3-1 and the worst of the worst, winning 3-1 at Middlesbro in injury time. It always seems to happen away from home though for some reason???!

Sandwiched inbetween the odd throwaway are games where we have held the lead and won the game. It only seems worse to us as fans as games like last night or the ones Ive already mention hurt so much! We dont talk about the game against Derby when we led in 2000 I think and they pulled it back to 2-2 before we won it in the last minute or the 2-0 win at Villa around the same time. We dont even talk about beating Man City away 3-0 about 3 years ago or 2-0 win over Pompey in the same season!!!!

It just seems worse than it is due to the manner of defeat but loads of clubs suffer similar fates.

It's hardly his fault is it.

I wasn't suggesting it was, but he's emphasised the point these last two seasons of how difficult it is for players of 32+ to be available for enough fixtures and to stay around for 90 minutes when they do.

It seems quite important. The thing about Tiatto is that he has "attitude" and this conveys itself to others and every team needs someone on the pitch with that kind of presence.

McCarthy has attitude personally but unfortunately, is not playing well and seems to be under far too much pressure to find time to inspire others.

Pity. It is sometimes a fine line devides winners from losers and an effective leader in our defence would surely have made the difference yesterday - someone, more than anything, who could direct operations, identify dangers and organise ways of dealing with them.

Agree, ironicaly our back 4 and keeper are the more senior players and the most experienced.

As a keeper has a better veiw of the game than any of the rest of the side, I would expect Mike Stowell and his experience to be able read situations and failings in our defence and work on them in traininig

It cant be one thing that is the reason for us throwing away leads as it has happened for years. In the premier a couple that stand out was beating Newcastle 3-1 and the worst of the worst, winning 3-1 at Middlesbro in injury time. It always seems to happen away from home though for some reason???!

Sandwiched inbetween the odd throwaway are games where we have held the lead and won the game. It only seems worse to us as fans as games like last night or the ones Ive already mention hurt so much! We dont talk about the game against Derby when we led in 2000 I think and they pulled it back to 2-2 before we won it in the last minute or the 2-0 win at Villa around the same time. We dont even talk about beating Man City away 3-0 about 3 years ago or 2-0 win over Pompey in the same season!!!!

It just seems worse than it is due to the manner of defeat but loads of clubs suffer similar fates.

Just ask anyone who was following Bayern Munich circa 1999.... That must have hurt!

Villa

Plymouth

Fulham

anymore?

true but we have also scored late goals against fulham, wolves, birmingham. i think it just swings in roundabouts. we have conceded a fair share yes, particulaly in last relegation season but we went through a phase of scoring lots of goals in last minute.

its the best wat to win a match but the worse way to lose one.

Archived