Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

COG Chris O'Grady

According to my sources, these are the current values for our players (all numbers in EURO):

Robert Douglas 2.000.000

Paul Henderson 300.000

Conrad Logan 50.000

Alan Maybury 800.000

Patrick Kisnorbo 600.000

Darren Kenton 1.000.000

Patrick McCarthy 200.000

Gareth McAuley 200.000

Nils-Eric Johansson 2.750.000

Richard Stearman 50.000

Alan Sheehan 0

Stephen Hughes 400.000

Gareth Williams 1.000.000

Andy Johnson 1.300.000

Danny Tiatto 700.000

James Wesolowski 0

Levi Porter 75.000

Iain Hume 750.000

Matty Fryatt 50.000

Elvis Hammond 600.000

Chris O´Grady 50.000

Danny Cadamarteri 750.000

Louis Dodds 100.000

I know your source, your source is a shit website thats wrong.

Those valuations are hilarious!

Well, its never great to see youngsters who at one time were thought of having a big future after coming through the ranks fail, but at least we got £65k for the lad.

I wish him all the best of luck but I have a feeling he wont need it. Not that he has a glorious footballing career ahead of him but that he will make plenty of cash as a Chris Kamara look-a-like :D

Those valuations are hilarious!

Well, its never great to see youngsters who at one time were thought of having a big future after coming through the ranks fail, but at least we got £65k for the lad.

I wish him all the best of luck but I have a feeling he wont need it. Not that he has a glorious footballing career ahead of him but that he will make plenty of cash as a Chris Kamara look-a-like :D

They're from a shit German website. It's full of crap, nearly as bad as football rumours.

I agree with that. Wtf was the club thinking?

And I do hope your not attempting to tell me LCFC had anything to do with those valuations.

Good move for Chris. He's never going to make it with us in the Championship so he's made the right move by dropping down a division to where he is probably going to be more suited. Hope he does well :thumbup:

And we managed some money from him...

That's 165k we've got now from two of our worst players

Maybe dropping down a level will suit him?? :dunno:

It's probably the best move for him though. He'll find it easier to get first team football and he may find the opposition easier to play against, so his scoring record may improve. Whatever happens, good luck COG :)

Does this mean Dodds has moved up the queue now? ;):P

Maybe dropping down a level will suit him?? :dunno:

It's probably the best move for him though. He'll find it easier to get first team football and he may find the opposition easier to play against, so his scoring record may improve. Whatever happens, good luck COG :)

Does this mean Dodds has moved up the queue now? ;):P

Do you mean the bus queue to somewhere else? :whistle:

Do you mean the bus queue to somewhere else? :whistle:

:D :D :D

Very clever lol:P Honestly though, will he have moved up in the line and begin challenging for a regular place in the squad with a view to impressing enough should he ever come on as a sub that Kelly may well give him a start?? Or am I reading too far into the sale of Chris? :whistle:

:D :D :D

Very clever lol:P Honestly though, will he have moved up in the line and begin challenging for a regular place in the squad with a view to impressing enough should he ever come on as a sub that Kelly may well give him a start?? Or am I reading too far into the sale of Chris? :whistle:

Your reading to much into it, TBH I think if we found a buyer for Dodds we'd sell him for anything over 30k. Kelly doesn't want to know.

Your reading to much into it, TBH I think if we found a buyer for Dodds we'd sell him for anything over 30k. Kelly doesn't want to know.

Fair enough. Not too sure we'll find a buyer for Dodds yet tbh, maybe if he makes one or two first team appearances like COG did, then somebody would want to snap him up. As you say though, it seems as though Kelly doesn't want to know and is dead set against giving him a chance in the first team.

It wouldn't be the first time we've sold a promising youngster on without giving them a chance, with said youngster going on to be successful would it??

why are some people being so vicious towards COG? Just say good luck to the bloke.

Yup thanks and good bye!

Nice one Kelly for getting £65,000! Will he get the money straight away or is this after appearances etc though? I'm so suprised we got anything.

Yup thanks and good bye!

Nice one Kelly for getting £65,000! Will he get the money straight away or is this after appearances etc though? I'm so suprised we got anything.

If we got £100,000 for Low I don't think Rotherham have overpaid for O'Grady. The deal makes sense but we never got the best out of him. In fact his was never better than when he returned from Rushden but it wasn't long before he was struggling to get more than token appearances and losing his edge.

Archived