Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

COG Chris O'Grady

nooooooooooooo

~

i'll be sad to see o'grady go

imo he was one of the only people who had passion for the club and put 125% into every game

anyway good luck for the future Chris

Was I the only one that laughed at this?

You were sad to lose Low and sylla as well, are you mad?

Was I the only one that laughed at this?

You were sad to lose Low and sylla as well, are you mad?

No. :rolleyes:

With Danny C, Fryatt and Hume and been as Kelly likes to play him, Hammond, O Grady was never going to get a look in.

Good move for Chris. He's never going to make it with us in the Championship so he's made the right move by dropping down a division to where he is probably going to be more suited. Hope he does well :thumbup:

And we managed some money from him...

That's 165k we've got now from two of our worst players

And don't forget the 50k they will claim from the Holiday Inn and more money from ticket sales now the the match isn't on Sky and at "silly o'clock" on a Saturday!! :whistle:

Interesting......

O'Grady left the Foxes to join Rotherham last week in a £65,000 deal after being with the club since joining as a trainee in 2003.

Kelly has revealed that financial restraints meant he had to let the promising youngster leave the Walkers Stadium, rather than oversee his development.

"In an ideal world you keep young players like Chris for as long as you can because he hasn't finished developing yet," Kelly told the club's official website.

"He is still in the final stages of being a young player. But we are not in a position where we can keep him for another 12-18 months to monitor him.

"I have got to try and free something up to bring in a loan player," added Kelly

Rob Kelly + Getting In a Loan Player = Andy Welsh.

Don't remind me. He does drop some bricks even in such a short time. Low was no different, Johnson probably the same if the evidence so far is a sample.

But O'Grady - if Kelly was sincere in ever wanting to keep him - was a victim of us having no reserve team.

And it will go on. Every time a player - Louis Dodds, Alan Sheehan and soon Andy King and Max Gradel move past Academy age they'll have nowhere to play and be wasting their time unless MM sorts something fast.

It's a bloody scandal really considering some of the surplus we were paying good money to every week - and still are in three or four cases.

If the status quo remains of course it will even put a question mark against the value of the Academy set-up at all because most youngsters need more than Academy football to leap from into first team football.

And if they can't complete their development all we'll be doing is training them up for someone else...and taking years to do it.

And if we're not careful, advisers will start asking questions.

"Okay Robert, sure I'd like my son to join Leicester's Academy. But how quickly will he be able to progress? If the best 17/18-year-olds don't play reserves football what will the best 17-year-olds do if they can't get in the under 18's. There'll be people twiddling their thumbs at all levels.

And if there's no reserves, how to people graduate to the first team?. Come on Robert. Convince me we've not gone seriously backwards in this matter since last season."

"You've had Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter, Logan, even Sheehan, Odhiambo and Chambers play for the first team these last two season. Four of those quite regularly. Are you really trying to convince me that throughput will continue?"

Aww come on, I think everyone's being a bit harsh on O'Grady. Sure, he wasn't the best player around, but every now and again he did show a few good touches.

I think if the coaching staff could've worked on getting him to reproduce it a bit more regularly then he could've turned into a half-decent player for us. And he never exactly got the best service in the world, did he?

Aww come on, I think everyone's being a bit harsh on O'Grady. Sure, he wasn't the best player around, but every now and again he did show a few good touches.

I think if the coaching staff could've worked on getting him to reproduce it a bit more regularly then he could've turned into a half-decent player for us. And he never exactly got the best service in the world, did he?

my guess is that they tried. if you haven't got it then you haven't got it.

Don't remind me. He does drop some bricks even in such a short time. Low was no different, Johnson probably the same if the evidence so far is a sample.

But O'Grady - if Kelly was sincere in ever wanting to keep him - was a victim of us having no reserve team.

And it will go on. Every time a player - Louis Dodds, Alan Sheehan and soon Andy King and Max Gradel move past Academy age they'll have nowhere to play and be wasting their time unless MM sorts something fast.

It's a bloody scandal really considering some of the surplus we were paying good money to every week - and still are in three or four cases.

If the status quo remains of course it will even put a question mark against the value of the Academy set-up at all because most youngsters need more than Academy football to leap from into first team football.

And if they can't complete their development all we'll be doing is training them up for someone else...and taking years

And if we're not careful, advisers will start asking questions.

"Okay Robert, sure I'd like my son to join Leicester's Academy. But how quickly will he be able to progress? If the best 17/18-year-olds don't play reserves football what will the best 17-year-olds do if they can't get in the under 18's. There'll be people twiddling their thumbs at all levels.

And if there's no reserves, how to people graduate to the first team?. Come on Robert. Convince me we've not gone seriously backwards in this matter since last season."

"You've had Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter, Logan, even Sheehan, Odhiambo and Chambers play for the first team these last two season. Four of those quite regularly. Are you really trying to convince me that throughput will continue?"

I can't understand why the club hasn't joined the Football Combination at least there will be plenty of local derbies. There used to be some cracking games in the old FNF days down Filbert St in the Pontins League and besides we'd only struggle if we played most of the Premiership reserve teams.

We're not a charity. O'Grady can go and learn to shoot elsewhere.

I don't think anyone suggested Kelly should keep O'Grady on.

But if we're not a charity explain why we signed Sylla, Douglas and DeVries for such a long time, why we bought Hammond at all when we didn't have to, why we signed Low or Johnson, why we extended the contracts of Dodds and Sheehan when we've never threatened to use them and probably not kept them fit enough to use if a chance arose?

And explain why we keep employing six full-backs, most of doubtful quality (Stearman, Maybury, Nils, Kenton, McAuley, Sheehan) for two available places and five midfielders for two available spaces (Johnson, Williams, Hughes, Tiatto, Wesolowski) again, when it remains clear we need an attacker (Kelly already having admitted want Joey back).

Cos it makes no sodding sense to me.

We're more than charitable from what I can see.

I don't think anyone suggested Kelly should keep O'Grady on.

But if we're not a charity explain why we signed Sylla, Douglas and DeVries for such a long time, why we bought Hammond at all when we didn't have to, why we signed Low or Johnson, why we extended the contracts of Dodds and Sheehan when we've never threatened to use them and probably not kept them fit enough to use if a chance arose?

And explain why we keep employing six full-backs, most of doubtful quality (Stearman, Maybury, Nils, Kenton, McAuley, Sheehan) for two available places and five midfielders for two available spaces (Johnson, Williams, Hughes, Tiatto, Wesolowski) again, when it remains clear we need an attacker (Kelly already having admitted want Joey back).

Cos it makes no sodding sense to me.

We're more than charitable from what I can see.

Alright fine, we've made loads of shit decisions so let's make another one and keep O'Grady on?

It's fairly obvious I'm not the biggest fan of Andy Johnson, defensive football, a multitude of centre-backs etc etc etc.

What's your point exactly?

Alright fine, we've made loads of shit decisions so let's make another one and keep O'Grady on?

It's fairly obvious I'm not the biggest fan of Andy Johnson, defensive football, a multitude of centre-backs etc etc etc.

What's your point exactly?

My point is there's no-one saying we should have kept O'Grady on? I thought £65,000 was perfectly acceptable for someone who was never going to play and never going to get the chance to improve.

My point is there's no-one saying we should have kept O'Grady on? I thought £65,000 was perfectly acceptable for someone who was never going to play and never going to get the chance to improve.

that would be true if his leaving ment we could bring someone in, since we cant we probably should of kept him

that would be true if his leaving ment we could bring someone in, since we cant we probably should of kept him

I doubt we had the chance.

Kelly said O'Grady had been to see him. To say, like others to follow, that he was pissed off twiddling his thumbs and never getting any opportunities.

The two had one spat at the start of the season by all accounts and people are simply not going to put up with it.

No reserves means no game if you're not among the chosen few, and that's no good when you're 20/21.

And when you watch the first team languishing near the foot of the table and scoring at barely one goal a game then, as a prospective striker, you don't feel very pleased sitting on the side.

Dodds will feel no different.

Archived