Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Two bits of bad news

From OS

We lost to Forest in a friendly &

Andy Johnson got 90 minutes of match action under his belt in a behind closed doors :D training match against Nottingham Forest at on Tuesday. Johnson returned to training a fortnight ago following an ankle operation.

And the former West Bromwich Albion midfielder took the next step back to full fitness when he lined up against a Forest XI at City's Belvoir Drive training ground.

First team squad members Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Darren Kenton, Nisse Johansson, Alan Sheehan, Danny Cadamarteri, Louis Dodds and Elvis Hammond also got a run out on the day.

For the record, the match finished 3-1 in favour of the visitors - with Cadamarteri grabbing the only goal for the Foxes.

From OS

Andy Johnson got 90 minutes of match action under his belt in a behind closed doors :D training match against Nottingham Forest at on Tuesday. Johnson returned to training a fortnight ago following an ankle operation.

And the former West Bromwich Albion midfielder took the next step back to full fitness when he lined up against a Forest XI at City's Belvoir Drive training ground.

First team squad members Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Darren Kenton, Nisse Johansson, Alan Sheehan, Danny Cadamarteri, Louis Dodds and Elvis Hammond also got a run out on the day.

For the record, the match finished 3-1 in favour of the visitors - with Cadamarteri grabbing the only goal for the Foxes.

Here I was thinking I was going to stay tee total tonight.

From OS

whats the beting the three goals came from crosses from Forests right wing? :D

What do you expect from a game in which Andy Johnson was bossing things from the midfield? :rolleyes:

You people expect too much of that useless gobshite, can't you go easy on him for a while - just let him get on with his business (securing one last pay day before he can retire). :whistle:

What do you expect from a game in which Andy Johnson was bossing things from the midfield? :rolleyes:

You people expect too much of that useless gobshite, can't you go easy on him for a while - just let him get on with his business (securing one last pay day before he can retire). :whistle:

How depressing, atleast the tree's could have got the tranny (Johnson) injured!!!

From OS

Seems to me its coming up to decisions time for Sheehan and Dodds. This bit of action won't do their rustic match-fitness levels any harm - but none of the journalists ever seem to ask about the lads' prospects and the silence from Kelly on the subject is constant.

Both players seem effectively snookered. There's no place to put them in the window for a loan spell, no way they can remain at their sharpest and this works against either being part of the first team squad.

Cadamarteri must be considered a special talent because he's involved while being less than fully fit but are we really going to waste Dodds?.

He's already had one Conference loan - perhaps cos League sides are reluctant to loan a striker who they cannot cast their eye over - so, presumably, he'll be heading in that direction again. Why?

There are other players of Dodds build and style that create havoc. People who aren't particularly fast, who don't go on mazey dribbles, who cannot muscle past people but who just turn up in the right place at the right time with the right touch and score again and again.

Larsson and Sheringham. Yes, exalted names and Dodds is a long way off that level. But he has the same knack of just being there when its wanted. Why would we never offer him a chance?

Is it coincidence that neither are scurrying, headless chicken type players?.

And has no-one considered where a team full of scurriers that lack almost any sort of elegance has got us these last years. It has continually left us huffing and puffing around the bottom of the League. Leicester City is not in need of more Hughes's and Tiattos and Mayburys, valiant servants though they all are.

It is crying out for a touch of class.

Up front, in midfield, and in defence.

Dynamite Dodds didn't score?

:o

He didn't score for Northwich either on his first game back after a long spell off. Mock all you like but put him in our first team, pal, and there's decent money waiting to bet you he'll have a bloody sight more goals to his name after 28 matches than Fryatt or Hammond have mustered so far..

He didn't score for Northwich either on his first game back after a long spell off. Mock all you like but put him in our first team, pal, and there's decent money waiting to bet you he'll have a bloody sight more goals to his name after 28 matches than Fryatt or Hammond have mustered so far..

I actually don't see any reason why he shouldn't be given a run in the team, personally. I'm guessing RK does, though, and this might have something to do with it.

From what you've said about him before, is he anything like a Lineker type who hardly touches the ball and then appears from nowhere to poke it home, or does he graft with the rest of the team as well? I'd have no problem with playing him myself either way, but if he is a little anonymous until he scores it might explain RK not picking him.

I thought it wasn't fair to question the amount of goals Hammond has scored?

Also, are you including the 'offside' ones?

:ph34r::dunno::ph34r::ph34r:

I thought it wasn't fair to question the amount of goals Hammond has scored?

Also, are you including the 'offside' ones?

:ph34r::dunno::ph34r::ph34r:

Question all you like, pal. I've only ever wanted Hammond for his speed and that bcause there's absolutely no alternative in this department. And I more likely to score than Fryatt when the latter he was so blatantly unfit.

And that's the case. Hammond 4 goals from 16 games and Fryatt two goals from 15.

It's ironic that anyone would rather have one of these two playing than a guy who would almost certainly score more goals in half a season than both those two put together. :whistle:

Archived