Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Ipswich Match Thread

well that idiot who we call a manager will still use our worst and most useless player

Elvis Hammond :angry:

Not quite the worst player in my eyes. McCarthy has been really bad in the past few games, and Hughes wasn't any better than that.

Hammond's alright, he's just no real striker, should rather play on the right wing or something (opposite Levi).

Or... If they got rid of the offside rule, I might change that statement.

i think it will be:

henderson 6 another display which beggers why Conrad is not playing

maybury 6 didn't know he was playing

mcauley 8 good performance solid

kisnorbo 8 another good performance, becoming more of a leader

johansson 7 solid display

yeates 6 quick but again lacked effort or crossing ability

johnson 5 w*nk! tries but he's is over another hill!

jarret 7 decent display from the box to box man

porter 6 he either makes the differance or is annonimous unfortuneatley it was the latter

hume 7 tried again but no goals for time must be playing on his mind

horsefield 8 lead the line again and is getting better with matches good goal pitty was not enough!

Subs: logan, stearman, hughes/weso, glombard/kenton, hammond

Oh and when will Kelly realise that Hammond should never be on the bench in the 1st place let alone use him!

please just go there and have a go, come on city :scarf:

Call it an educated guess! will see later won't we / I? :thumbup:lol:rolleyes::cry:

Seems strange but I think Leicester might pinch this 2-1. We always concede one and against Ipswich you cannot imagine anything different. But I think we'll score two and one will be a fluke.

I confess there is no real logic to any of that and it is more in hope than expectation. I just refuse to think of us losing. Would a draw be any good?. Not much - but we could pretend.

Seems strange but I think Leicester might pinch this 2-1. We always concede one and against Ipswich you cannot imagine anything different. But I think we'll score two and one will be a fluke.

I confess there is no real logic to any of that and it is more in hope than expectation. I just refuse to think of us losing. Would a draw be any good?. Not much - but we could pretend.

That's pretty much what happened at Wolves. :dunno:

I've given up on ever expecting even a point from Ipswich away. We always seem to lose 2-0.

Bertfox bless this post.

Can someone do a comparison of match threads started by Bertie vs games won against threads started by other.

I think some serious lessons need to be drawn from this season - and leaving all match threads to Bertie should be the biggest.

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 for a start:

Henderson

Maybury

Stearman

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Yeates

Johnson

Porter

Hume

Hammond

Horsfield

Subs: Logan, Kenton, Glombard, Jarrett, Cadamarteri

Hoping for a win, no matter what the score.

Three points are desperately needed!

That's pretty much what happened at Wolves. :dunno:

I've given up on ever expecting even a point from Ipswich away. We always seem to lose 2-0.

I still think we will win. Despite whatever Hume now actually has someone to refer the ball to. I'm not sure if Horsefield is any good at finishing though.

But with AJ we always draw, really nearly always

Can someone do a comparison of match threads started by Bertie vs games won against threads started by other.

I think some serious lessons need to be drawn from this season - and leaving all match threads to Bertie should be the biggest.

This season Bert has started 8 match threads this season.

Won - 4

Drawn - 2

Lost - 2

:thumbup:

As ever, I'll continue to plump for my 3-4-3 which will never happen:

Logan

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Skills

Yeates

King

Weso

Porter

The Horse

Hume

Cadder's (Fryatt unlikely to be fit)

Bench: Hendo, Johno, Stearz, Jarrett, Dodds

But we'll get:

Hendo

Maybes

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Nisse

Yeates

Jarrett

Johno

Porter

Hume

The Horse

Bench: Logan, Stearz, Weso, Glombard, Hamondo

Still think we'll manage a draw though...

There may be more on the way - Kelly

Leicester City's latest loan recruit Jason Jarrett is set for his debut at Ipswich today - and he might not be the last new face of the season.

The surprise windfall of Gareth Williams' exit to Watford allowed City boss Robert Kelly to land Geoff Horsfield, Mark Yeates, Luigi Glombard and Jarrett.

And with the Milan Mandaric takeover now well on the way, Kelly may be able to bring more players to the club.

City have replaced those players who have left the squad, so any addition now would be a real strengthening.

Kelly, referring to the much-delayed takeover, said: "That will all be down to circumstances, but I think if there are to be more coming in then we would all welcome it.

"We are back where we started in terms of numbers and we have been stretched for a long time now, so for me the loan signings have given us options. If we get more then those options would increase.

"I am not being disrespectful to the players who are already here and, in fact, I think they would welcome fresh faces too, because it would increase the competition as well as being able to give them a break.

"We have been asking very young, inexperienced players to play in far more games than we, or they, would expect, and the Championship is a tough division.

"They have done remarkably well to stick with it so far and any more help we can give them then the better."

City travelled to Ipswich with a squad underlining Kelly's point.

With skipper Paddy McCarthy, Danny Tiatto and Matty Fryatt out and Stephen Hughes and Gareth McAuley injury doubts, it is best not to imagine the state of the camp without the four loan signings.

If the transfer picture does get brighter in the next week or so, then City's chances of easing themselves away from the danger area would be increased.

Going into today's crunch clash at Portman Road, City were in 18th place and three points above the drop zone.

There may be more on the way - Kelly

Leicester City's latest loan recruit Jason Jarrett is set for his debut at Ipswich today - and he might not be the last new face of the season.

The surprise windfall of Gareth Williams' exit to Watford allowed City boss Robert Kelly to land Geoff Horsfield, Mark Yeates, Luigi Glombard and Jarrett.

And with the Milan Mandaric takeover now well on the way, Kelly may be able to bring more players to the club.

City have replaced those players who have left the squad, so any addition now would be a real strengthening.

Kelly, referring to the much-delayed takeover, said: "That will all be down to circumstances, but I think if there are to be more coming in then we would all welcome it.

"We are back where we started in terms of numbers and we have been stretched for a long time now, so for me the loan signings have given us options. If we get more then those options would increase.

"I am not being disrespectful to the players who are already here and, in fact, I think they would welcome fresh faces too, because it would increase the competition as well as being able to give them a break.

"We have been asking very young, inexperienced players to play in far more games than we, or they, would expect, and the Championship is a tough division.

"They have done remarkably well to stick with it so far and any more help we can give them then the better."

City travelled to Ipswich with a squad underlining Kelly's point.

With skipper Paddy McCarthy, Danny Tiatto and Matty Fryatt out and Stephen Hughes and Gareth McAuley injury doubts, it is best not to imagine the state of the camp without the four loan signings.

If the transfer picture does get brighter in the next week or so, then City's chances of easing themselves away from the danger area would be increased.

Going into today's crunch clash at Portman Road, City were in 18th place and three points above the drop zone.

That sounds like Kelly speak for Porter being shown to a back seat shortly.

That sounds like Kelly speak for Porter being shown to a back seat shortly.

I doubt it. I thought the same to be honest, but I don't see anything else other than him being rested a bit happening unless we sign someone really quality and with a proper left foot.

Archived