Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Ipswich 0-2 Leicester, McAuley bags a brace

Everyone is rightly delighted we've taken three points.

A clean sheet is noteworthy too.

Kelly would deserve some brownie points because he set out tyo be tight and to "do things that might hurt Ipswich" which he managed from the set plays.

Great. A plan which basically worked.

But let no-one kid themselves. Think back. How many times did we create anything from central midfield?

It didn't happen often cos we didn't have many chances at all and most of them came from wide positions.

The team did seem to have more balance though and Kelly did get it right at half time when he got them defending further up the field.

He also used our most obvious backline which should be feeling comfortable as a unit.

Interesting too that we've got four points from six since Fryatt was injured again.

And since Williams has disappeared leaving Porter the main man on dead ball kicks.

Anyway makes for an interesting game against Coventry.

Nope.

4-3-1-2

Although we have won I would still like to see this because we can't rely on our defence to get our goals.

Logan

Maybury/Stearman

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nils

Yeates

Stearman

Porter

Hume

Horse

Danny C / Fryatt

Not seen Glombard or Jarret yet so it's hard to say where they would fit in.

Agreed except for stearman at RB and Jarret in CM otherwise I like it :)

Well done leicester, i didn't believe we could do it to be honest.

But now we have to build on that result and beat a poor coventry side at the weekend.

Up the blues!

Great result..... and just what the team needed, looking at the League Table, it looks to me that anyone from Plymouth down cannot, really, feel themselves safe, specially with the clubs at the bottom picking up points every week

Any win's a good result, but this win means nothing. We've not particularly improved. Two goals from a CB is no cause for celebration when we've scored as few as we have done, especially against a side that played pretty poorly.

Last weeks draw was no reason for the sudden wave of pessimism that swept the boards and this week's win would be no reason for all this optimism, if our plight hadn't been massively overplayed.

We won't be relegated. Even if you happen to think RK is a total twat, which I totally disagree with for grounds I won't go into here, he's shown before he can run a relegation battle superbly. Last week's draw was scrappy and boring, true, but it was a draw. With that same scrappy football we got a win today.

Even if we don't improve, we should stay up if we can nick the odd result like todays, which we can and do throughout seasons without playing decent football.

That's not to say there weren't positives. Jarrett looks pretty good, Horsfield, whilst not scoring, seemed to be putting in the effort and got another 90 minutes, and the back line made mistakes without conceding. Hopefully that's their mistakes for this season used up. :ph34r:

But seriously, I don't think our position has much changed from last week, except for it being clearer that we won't go down. Or less probable that we do go down, if you're not quite convinced.

1 Derby 32 12 63

2 West Brom 32 21 56

3 Preston 32 14 56

4 Birmingham 29 18 54

5 Southampton 32 14 53

6 Cardiff 32 11 53

7 Sunderland 32 11 53

8 Colchester 32 18 51

9 Wolverhampton 32 0 50

10 Stoke 31 14 49

11 Plymouth 32 -1 43

12 Crystal Palace 32 2 42

13 Sheff Wed 32 -4 41

14 Burnley 31 0 39

15 Ipswich 32 -4 39

16 Coventry 32 -10 38

17 Leicester 31 -7 37

18 Norwich 30 -10 37

19 QPR 32 -15 33

20 Hull 32 -12 32

21 Luton 31 -14 32

22 Barnsley 32 -20 32

23 Southend 32 -16 31

24 Leeds 31 -22 30

Result!

Great day, Good performance, Brilliant atmosphere, capped off with three points.

Jarrett looked decent, and Glombard when he came on. Horse's finishing was comical but overall he gave a good performance. Yeates too also did well again.

Overall great performance from everybody, everything went our way for once and we got what we deserved.

Result!

Great day, Good performance, Brilliant atmosphere, capped off with three points.

Jarrett looked decent, and Glombard when he came on. Horse's finishing was comical but overall he gave a good performance. Yeates too also did well again.

Overall great performance from everybody, everything went our way for once and we got what we deserved.

That shot that went out for a throw lol

"Horsfield for England!" :appl:

Archived