Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Ipswich 0-2 Leicester, McAuley bags a brace

Nice work by the Boys today.... :)

That was a much more committed performance and they all looked as if they wanted to be there, even the front strike whilst not effective, at least it tried.

Good to see McCauley do well, he is a good player who I think just needs some game time.

I thought Jarret was good from the part of the game I heard this morning and Horsfield was convincing, I hope to see more of them... didn't really have a real idea on Glombard though, needs to see more to make up my mind there.

Hopefully this will shut the traps of all those who are calling that we will be relegated, I didn't fear it last week, and I don't fear it this week... as there is one thing I know about the Foxes, they may be as inconsistent as the weather... but they know that relegation is one place not to be... ;)

Lets hope we can now string a few together, get MM to buy us out and look towards 2007/2008.

Well Done to RK and the lads.

I havent been his biggest fan (RK) in recent weeks but I hope he can leave the club in the upcoming months not disliked because he took us down or even to near relegation, but that he helped us survive in mid-table mediocrity.

2-0 against a side that has won there last 4 home games, a clean sheet and an away win is always pleasing. I wasnt at the game from what I have heard and read Ipswich were limited in chances and we were rarely in trouble. At this stage of the season with the shite we are in, I`d happily settle for unattractive football, goals from set pieces and 3 points. By the sounds of it, our fans enjoyed the points too as we have been applauded by a mate (Ipswich fan) who was impressed by our efforts!

McAuley Looks For Ipswich Catalyst

Gareth McAuley hopes Saturday's impressive 2-0 victory over Ipswich Town can provide the Foxes with the springboard required to climb the Championship table.

The Irishman's double not only helped break City's 19-year Portman Road hoodoo but secured them a vital three points as well as their first clean sheet in nine matches.

"The goals were a bonus but if I'm honest, as a defender, I was more pleased with the clean sheet," he said.

"Levi (Porter) and Mark (Yeates) put over great deliveries for both of the goals, I managed to get in front of my markers and give myself free headers. I couldn't really miss!"

The victory secured the Foxes their first league double of the season following their 3-1 victory over the Tractor Boys back in August.

"We talked before the game about getting back to basics and winning ugly and that's exactly what we did," the Northern Ireland international added.

"But it worked and we picked up an important result.

"We drew last week and won against Ipswich so hopefully the results will come more regularly now and we can use the game as a springboard.

"We have another big game against Coventry next weekend and we must now focus on that one."

Saturday marked McAuley's second game back at the heart of City's defence following club captain Paddy McCarthy's shoulder injury - and he is determined to cease the opportunity.

"Unfortunately for Paddy he has picked up quite a bad injury but as a result I've moved in from the right where I feel more comfortable.

"My aim is to now get a run of games under my belt and stake a claim for a regular centre-back spot.

"I want to continue to progress and get as high as I can with Leicester City."

Got back last night but didn't get a chance to get online. It was a great day, great fun from the pub to the ground and even enjoyed my car journey home thanks to the result (especially the Forest fan on Five Live who said they'd be back in the prem in a few years...how I laughed).

The game itself was excellent but not sure why we didn't make it more comfortable at 2-0 and when they had a man sent off. People around me were nervous still in injury team, guess that's experience of LCFC. Thought that Hume and the Horse worked really hard up front although the latter had a two minute spell with 'that' shot which went for a throw and then the shocking attempt at a bicycle kick which was laughable. Thought that Skills looked really good, Maybury had a decent game, the two centre-backs were solid as usual when they play together (don't bring back Paddy Mac). Levi Porter's final ball into the box has improved a lot and he looked a real threat!

Wasn't overly impressed with Jarret but he didn't do too much wrong I guess. We need a stronger cental midfield partner who can hold the ball and control the game. AJ is useless, made some tackles but then just gives the ball away so easily. There was a moment in the first half (I think) where we won the ball and then he just hoofed it up over the top to no-one...that was typical of him.

Overall it was a good performance and even though we only scored from corners we looked like we had potential to score from open play. Consistency is still the key...next week same again please!

Mcauley is the new Walsh.

I had to make do with Soccer Saturday as I don't have the internet right now (in a cafe at the moment). From what little I heard it sounded pretty damn good.

Again, I hope its not a one off. Just glad to see a bit of distance between us and the bottom 3 again.

Again, I hope its not a one off. Just glad to see a bit of distance between us and the bottom 3 again.

Seconded from me. Though the danger is that if we win our next 2 or 3 games, the foot will come off the gas again and we could well end up slipping back into the relegation fight all over again. 1 win isn't going to save us from this mess, consistency and momentum will though.

I'd also like to add that I met a couple of people from here who I hadn't met before - and I think they're quality people. :yesyes:

Well I've seen that guys tackle that got him sent off and it is an absolute disgrace. He should be banned for 3 games. Second booking my arse.

Got a good view of it from where I was sat and it looked shocking. We couldn't believe, around me, that it was only a second yellow. Had he connected then maybe it would have been a straight red.

Archived