Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I'm Looking Foward..............

To that first trip down to Fratton Park either in the cup or hopefully in a Premiership encounter very soon. Could be one of the most terrifying, yet exhilerating encounters for a long while. They hated us before Mandaric took over and I imagine they will be disgusted by us now.

Bring it on, I can't wait!!

Dont kill me for saying this but what is so bad about them?

and why do they hate us?

I think it's to do with the 1991 (?) play-off semi-final when we beat them and there was apparently a massive scrap afterwards or something. One of the older members will know. :dunno:

I thought it was because during our/their promotion campaign (01/02?), we did them for points twice. :dunno:

Didn't we beat them at their gaff as well as ours?

we took 4 points of them in promotion year, win down there n a draw at walkers, matty taylor scored a cracker i think. but we did double in prem following season. :D

Well I lived in Portsmouth for many years and still go and watch Pompey when I'm down there.

I doubt many of the regular fans would give two hoots about what Milan gets up to now.

You always get a few malcontents on forums like these spouting off about things they know fook all about!

Probably does stem from that play-off defeat. As the City fans celebrated inside the ground thousands of the b8astards gathered outside the ground with coins, bricks etc. It was not pleasant trying to get out along the alleyways and streets around the ground. Most of the police cleared off it was so bad. They also bricked the convoy of buses on the way out, nice bunch.

in the main the are a great bunch of passionate supporters but they do still have a menacing hardcore of fans who seem to be throwbacks from the worst of times in english football and i believe they do hold a grudge for the play-off semis when they were so far above us in the league ( the concept of play-offs was still quite new) .....that bloke you always see banging the drums etc must be one of the most famous fans in the country though and they seem to make a terrific noise at games

in the main the are a great bunch of passionate supporters but they do still have a menacing hardcore of fans who seem to be throwbacks from the worst of times in english football and i believe they do hold a grudge for the play-off semis when they were so far above us in the league ( the concept of play-offs was still quite new) .....that bloke you always see banging the drums etc must be one of the most famous fans in the country though and they seem to make a terrific noise at games

I wouldn't think twice about shoving that drum where the sun don't shine I tell you. :angry:

To that first trip down to Fratton Park either in the cup or hopefully in a Premiership encounter very soon. Could be one of the most terrifying, yet exhilerating encounters for a long while. They hated us before Mandaric took over and I imagine they will be disgusted by us now.

Bring it on, I can't wait!!

It's been worth the wait to hear you and others so animated again. Which is what life should be like for football fans and what we've all been missing. :thumbup:

I'm looking FORWARD to the day when Leicester message boards aren't run by a bunch of illiterate, brain-dead imbeciles.

The rivalry between us and Pompey is over, at least until we're in the same league again.

And whenever that happens, both sets of fans will have moved on anyway.

I'm looking FORWARD to the day when Leicester message boards aren't run by a bunch of illiterate, brain-dead imbeciles.

The rivalry between us and Pompey is over, at least until we're in the same league again.

And whenever that happens, both sets of fans will have moved on anyway.

:laugh:

Temper temper!! :laugh:

Bet it'd be a right cracking atmosphere though the next time we play them down their gaff. I'd certainly be up for making the trip down there and watching the revitalised Leicester lads giving 'em a right good stuffing. :D

:laugh:

Temper temper!! :laugh:

Bet it'd be a right cracking atmosphere though the next time we play them down their gaff. I'd certainly be up for making the trip down there and watching the revitalised Leicester lads giving 'em a right good stuffing. :D

Im sure that it will take quite a bit of time and success before we are in MMs heart and Pompey are kicked to the curb. I can remember seiing an interview by MM a week or two back and he was reeling off Englands biggest great clubs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and....Portsmouth! He is starting the bandwaggon by saying he only came to Leicester because of the fans, nothing to do with the cheap deal for a club steeped in history and a potential money spinner! We dont care MM, just do it within 3 years FFS!!! :thumbup:

Im sure that it will take quite a bit of time and success before we are in MMs heart and Pompey are kicked to the curb. I can remember seiing an interview by MM a week or two back and he was reeling off Englands biggest great clubs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and....Portsmouth! He is starting the bandwaggon by saying he only came to Leicester because of the fans, nothing to do with the cheap deal for a club steeped in history and a potential money spinner! We dont care MM, just do it within 3 years FFS!!! :thumbup:

I know that he'll still have Pompey in his heart for a while - everything he accomplished whilst he was there and the amount of time he spent there means that is a given. But things can always change, and if we enjoy the success he has outlined for us within the 3 year target, then we may well become the love affair which makes him forget about Pompey.

It'll be hard work, but hopefully he knows what he is doing and can deliver on his promise. :D

I know that he'll still have Pompey in his heart for a while - everything he accomplished whilst he was there and the amount of time he spent there means that is a given. But things can always change, and if we enjoy the success he has outlined for us within the 3 year target, then we may well become the love affair which makes him forget about Pompey.

It'll be hard work, but hopefully he knows what he is doing and can deliver on his promise. :D

I have no doubt he will come around. Im sure we have all had girlfriends who at one stage we thought were perfect and when it ended we didnt think we would get one on that level and months later you are with a better woman than the last.

In other words I am trying to say in time, we will all be MMs bitches and he will love us more than Pompey! :D:D:whistle:

I have no doubt he will come around. Im sure we have all had girlfriends who at one stage we thought were perfect and when it ended we didnt think we would get one on that level and months later you are with a better woman than the last.

In other words I am trying to say in time, we will all be MMs bitches and he will love us more than Pompey! :D:D:whistle:

Major accuracy in your posting. I do like you as a poster on here. :D

We may well all be MMs bitches (apart from Ultra :rolleyes: ), and I'm sure it'll be well worth it as well! He'll love our fans and our club more than he ever loved Pompey, lets just give it some time and allow the romance to blossom into full blown marital-love. :D:P

Major accuracy in your posting. I do like you as a poster on here. :D

We may well all be MMs bitches (apart from Ultra :rolleyes: ), and I'm sure it'll be well worth it as well! He'll love our fans and our club more than he ever loved Pompey, lets just give it some time and allow the romance to blossom into full blown marital-love. :D:P

PMSL

I think we will develop into MMs love of his life and as you say, the romance has to blossom. Although I must point out that MM seems to be a man who changes his moods and may not always want to wine and dine the majority of support and make love to them and will need a good hard **** every now and again and thats where Ultra comes in. Also MM knows Ultra is playing hard to please and he`ll enjoy the chase.

Romance is alive on Valentines Day lol:D:thumbup:

Archived