Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

stadium

will milan pay to have the stadium sorted out to have concerts held there?

i cannot remember properly but they needed to change the stadium in some way to support it and the old board said there wasnt enough funds to do so

I was under the impression it was to do with licensing laws (noise mostly). I'm sure he could sort it out if he felt it would make us money in the long term. It's one of the things that the club could be doing to increase revenue, not that many places in Leicester that can hold concerts (especially in the summer). If Watford can do it then i'm sure we can.

i cannot remember properly but they needed to change the stadium in some way to support it and the old board said there wasnt enough funds to do so

I believe you are right - to hold really big concerts a lot of work would have to be done with regard to the structure of the stadium. To be fair the the last board, that wasn't their fault, as the building of the stadium was done by the board that took us into admin at the lowest cost possible.

I seem to remember this chestnut being discussed in depth at the end of the summer. Setting aside the cost of making changes to the stadium - the justifiable objections from nearby residents, the provision of outdoor events & the DMH coupled with the total lack of experienced professionals at the club to stage events such as this means it was, is and always will be a non-starter.

Me for one, I see no point to putting on concerts in a football ground. How many each year do? A negligible amount.

The whole idea is as credible as suggesting we host greyhound racing and demolition derbies.

I seem to remember this chestnut being discussed in depth at the end of the summer. Setting aside the cost of making changes to the stadium - the justifiable objections from nearby residents, the provision of outdoor events & the DMH coupled with the total lack of experienced professionals at the club to stage events such as this means it was, is and always will be a non-starter.

Me for one, I see no point to putting on concerts in a football ground. How many each year do? A negligible amount.

The whole idea is as credible as suggesting we host greyhound racing and demolition derbies.

TBH thats a absloute corker of an idea.

Johnson should enter and drive a mini cooper.

I was wondering whether the Stadium name will have a sponsorship re-branding shortly? Isn’t there a law that has been passed recently about advertisement of junk foods to children? Surely the club will have to scrap Walkers as the sponsor of Stadium under the new laws?

I was wondering whether the Stadium name will have a sponsorship re-branding shortly? Isn't there a law that has been passed recently about advertisement of junk foods to children? Surely the club will have to scrap Walkers as the sponsor of Stadium under the new laws?

As they're are not promoting junk food directly I'd say not. About 5.5 years to go I think?

I was wondering whether the Stadium name will have a sponsorship re-branding shortly? Isn’t there a law that has been passed recently about advertisement of junk foods to children? Surely the club will have to scrap Walkers as the sponsor of Stadium under the new laws?

if we could get Ambrosia or Uncle Bens to sponsor us it could be called the MANDY-RICE-DAVIES bowl :ph34r:

Im sure MM will search high and low to find ways of bringing increased income to the club. I dont care whether we get the WWE, UFC or local OAPs on the pitch as long as we earn a few quid out of it.

Im sure MM will search high and low to find ways of bringing increased income to the club. I dont care whether we get the WWE, UFC or local OAPs on the pitch as long as we earn a few quid out of it.

ill gladly pay to watch UFC :D

It was about the seats wasn't it?

I personally wouldn't really want to see concerts there though :dunno:

It was the concrete & RSJs and was £250K to put right according to the Merc (so probably means £25K :P )

So basically, you want Micky back in charge?

i didnt mean during the game! Yes BTW get Micky back, he is under-rated. Also get a couple of assistants like Craig Levein and Dave Bassett. They couldnt possibly fail. :ph34r:

Archived