Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings v Cov

Henderson 7.5 - Made some very good saves when Cov put us under pressure

Maybury 7 - I don't like this guy at the best of times but thought he was very solid today

Johansson 7.5 - I know some of you disagree but I think he is someone who shouldn't have ever been dropped from the team. Solid again.

Kisnorbo 7.5 - Typical solid Kisnorbo performance

McAuley 8 - With him and Kisnorbo at the back, we have our best centre back pairing.

Yeates 6 - Very erratic crossing and overdid it far too often when we just needed to keep hold of possession. Some excellent play at times to make up for it though.

Porter 7.5 - Overdid it at times but caused problems whenever he ran at Whing

Johnson 8.5 - What on earth was this guy on today! Put 100% into every single tackle.

Jarrett 6 - Was disappointed to be honest. Never looked comfortable in possession of the ball.

Hume 8 - Caused serious problems any time he decided to run at their defence and created chances

Horsfield 8.5 - Quiet second half but immense in the first. Played the target man role to perfection and topped it off with two goals.

Subs not on long enough to make an impression

Maybury 7 - I don't like this guy at the best of times but thought he was very solid today

Johansson 7.5 - I know some of you disagree but I think he is someone who shouldn't have ever been dropped from the team. Solid again.

McAuley 8 - With him and Kisnorbo at the back, we have our best centre back pairing.

Yeates 6 - Very erratic crossing and overdid it far too often when we just needed to keep hold of possession. Some excellent play at times to make up for it though.

Johnson 8.5 - What on earth was this guy on today! Put 100% into every single tackle.

Jarrett 6 - Was disappointed to be honest. Never looked comfortable in possession of the ball.

Hume 8 - Caused serious problems any time he decided to run at their defence and created chances

Horsfield 8.5 - Quiet second half but immense in the first. Played the target man role to perfection and topped it off with two goals.

agree with all except jarrett he got through a hell of a lot of work and broke up loads of play, i would give him an 8.

I would agree with all of those except I would've given Hendo a higher rating as he didn't put a foot wrong and made a couple of excellent saves, and I also thought Jarett had a very good game - that's the first time this season we've had a player who is ready to go forward and support the attack from central midfield. :thumbup:

Henderson 8 - Made some good saves, kicking poor in first half tho

Maybury 7.5 - Solid as a rock today, didn't put a foot wrong

Johansson 7.5 -kept it simple won most of his tackles and had the odd good run

Kisnorbo 8 - Immense

McAuley 8 - Immense

Yeates 7 - Good crosses but tried to be too fancy in the second half

Porter 7 - wasn't his best game, but kept going

Johnson 10 - Awesome won 99% of his tackles, scored a vital goal, my new hero :thumbup:

Jarrett 6.5 - poor not what i expected at all, slipped over too many times get some good boots

Hume 8 - Brill first half, lively as ever, faded in second half tho needs a goal asap

Horsfield 10 - 2 well taken goals, everything a target man should have done

Kelly 8 spot on today, couldn't fault him

Overall performance 8 Brill first half, sat back second half instead of going for more goals

btw i thought the horse was a bit like henry today, you may laugh but i thought if he wasn't get the service he needed, he dropped out wide to confuse the defence and have a go at them!

agree with all except jarrett he got through a hell of a lot of work and broke up loads of play, i would give him an 8.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

comedy genius lol

Kelly's substitutions were awful. The game was dead after 70 mins. Bring them on then, not with 2 minutes left... what's the point?

Interesting Mr Johnson, first I'm the only one to say he may come good after op. Then I realised he will not after 4 games. And now this...

I think Kelly yes, was poor in subs

Who gives a fook about the subs, he didn't make any until the last 10 minutes when the game was already won! :blink:

Great start but after that we were almost useless and definitely back to our accustomed mediocre shambolistic pub teamesque old selves. OK, they deserve credit for a big win over bitter rivals but we could have destroyed Covscúm today and we let it pass us by.

Henderson 8 - Some top saves and kicking was good.

Maybury 6 - Pretty solid, cant complain (this time).

Johansson 7 - Adds much needed culture to the team.

Kisnorbo 7 - Never looked too troubled.

McAuley 7 - McCarthey's gonna have to put his tongue even further up RK's @ss if he's to get back in the team after his injury.

Yeates 6 - Some flashes of talent to get us excited but generally didnt hit the highs today.

Porter 5 - Had an off game. Gave everything as you would expect but never got going.

Johnson 6 - Increased effort and even a goal. He's on borrowed time though.

Jarrett 5 - No skill displayed by him today whatsoever.

Hume 6 - Lively when he had possession but wasnt involved enough.

Horsfield 6 - Disappeared after a great start but he'll be happy with 2 goals.

Cadamarteri 5 Neither subs had enough time to make an impact

Hammond 5

Who gives a fook about the subs, he didn't make any until the last 10 minutes when the game was already won! :blink:

Ah yes, so what you do let the game waste away when some energy would be welcome? The timing was crap

Henderson 7.5 - Made a couple of good saves when we were under pressure and has a suprisingly long throw to Yeates on the wing! :blink:

Maybury 6.5 - I thought he did ok but was the one weak link in that defence

Johansson 7.5 - Decent performace and has more confidence going forward

Kisnorbo 8 - He could well become a legend at this club!

McAuley 8 - Definately better than McCarthy. 1 goal conceeded in last three games shows that

Yeates 6.5 - Did ok but very poor set plays. Seems to find a lot more space than Low / Hughes / Sylla ever could

Porter 7.5 - Odd moment of magic but nothing special. Gives us plenty of width as an option though as always

Johnson 8.5 - Man Of The Match. Dominated the midfield in first half and took his goal well.

Jarrett 7.5 - Impressed with him and hope we can keep him on a bit longer.... although I can see why he doesnt score many

Hume 8 - Typical Hume performace and what a bit of play for Jonno's goal!

Horsfield 8.5 - Did very well with his two goals and his touch looked a lot better than against Luton. Very useful player and good partnership with Hume.

Kelly 8.5 - Spot on with tactics in what could have been a very difficult day with the off field hype. Substitutions were irrelevant as nothing needed changing. He really needs to be given a fair chance by Milan!

Henderson 8 (It didn't always look pretty but he got something in the way at several important moments).

Maybury 8 (Looks re-invigourated. solid, determined, efficient. I like him as a right back as much as I dislike him on the left)

McAuley 8 (I liked the way he never went ball-watching as Coventry attacked. He constantly checked the moving of players behind and around him while taking up his own positions. Apart from his speed he's an accomplished player and far better at centre-back than right back.

Kisnorbo 8 (Another defensive clean sheet as skipper. I refuse to believe it's all luck after how readily we leaked. The defence is again benefitting from constancy and the understanding that comes with it.)

Nils 7.75 (Again did well. He and Porter seem to have a good understanding and Nils just seemed to choose his moments well while under quite a lot of pressure at time. Porter's presence makes it harder for the opposition to exploit his lack of speed on the turn).

Yeates 6.75 (Positive. Tried things. They didn't always come off. But that's the way it goes for forwards sometimes. It's when you stop asking the questions you're no use to anyone. Provided width and movement which helped others too)

Johnson 7 (Best single half I've seen him play. Gradually dropped off after his goal and was simply incapable of the same driving eneergy second half. Too many wasted passes. Quick and simple was what was needed).

Jarrett 6 (Nothing of great consequence. I still felt our midfield was the weak line - both fitness wise and in regards to maintaining the team's rhythm. How I've love to have seen King come off the bench last 25 minutes.

Hume 8 (Terrific game. at least 4/5 close to goalworthy shots and worked brilliantly with his team-mates. Very impressed).

Horsfield 8.5 (Two goals is job done for a striker but he's such a benefit to those around him. Just what Porter wanted, for sure...someone to aim those deft flighted crosses at. Good team player).

Porter 8.5 (Two more assists.Might have had four or five assists with any sort of ruthless finishing by his colleagues. Effect is the guy's middle name and I thought it amusing when Nils gave him a rollicking for leaving him a bit stranded on one occasion. It was back on the edge of the penalty box, for Heaven sake - but Nils still relied on his playing partner to be around - a good sign. But overall they linked great together and Porter, while making mistakes, still asked too many questions for coventry to cope with). Reduced after due consideration of Manwell's comment!!!

Sub: Stearman 6 (okay. One good chance. Nice to see him get some action)

Kelly 8 (Positive then professional performance. I thought tired legs were allowing our tempo to drop but there's always risk in changing a side that's winning so well so his choices were understandable and defensible. I might even have wanted to see more of Cadamarteri. The hat-trick man looked fit and well pre-match and really needs to be involved. Perhaps a minor point though but if RK's not careful, when the time comes, he's another striker who will have lost his edge).

MOM: Horsfield/Porter.

Special award: Standupandsing + pals.

Kisnorbo 8 - Immense

McAuley 8 - Immense

Johnson 10 - Awesome won 99% of his tackles, scored a vital goal, my new hero :thumbup:

Jarrett 6.5 - poor not what i expected at all, slipped over too many times get some good boots

Hume 8 - Brill first half, lively as ever, faded in second half tho needs a goal asap

Overall performance 8 Brill first half, sat back second half instead of going for more goals

btw i thought the horse was a bit like henry today, you may laugh but i thought if he wasn't get the service he needed, he dropped out wide to confuse the defence and have a go at them!

Ok Johnson and Horsfield had good game today but 10's really? I suppose for an Andy Johnson performance it was off the scale...

And as for that last point.... :blink: And I know you're deadly serious as well...

Kisnorbo 8 - Immense

McAuley 8 - Immense

Honestly ? :mellow::blink: . Oh no.

Henderson - 7

Maybury - 7

Kisnorbo - 8

McAuley - 7.5

Nils - 8

Yeates - 6.5

Johnson - 7.5

Jarret - 8

Porter - 7

Horse - 7

Hume - 7.5