Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings v Cov

Henderson 8 - Looked very solid

Maybury 7 - Not bad

Kisnorbo 7 - Another good performance

McAuley 7- As above

Johansson 6 - Wasn't that convincing today

Yeates 8 - Thought he was much better today than against Ipswich - looks like he can beat players

Jarrett 8 - Missed a couple of good chances but when was the last time we saw a box-to-box midfielder in the LCFC side? Really looks full of running and a useful option.

Johnson 9 - Best performance in a City shirt so far. Tackled brilliantly, passed well and took his goal excellently.

Porter 8 - Very good again, good cross for Horse's first

Hume 6 - Didn't think that he did much today. One poor finish and a good run. Always works hard though.

Horsfield 9 - Excellent hold up work and his second goal was a masterclass in Centre Forward play at this level.

Henderson 8 - Some nice saves

Maybury 7 - solid

Kisnorbo 8 - good as always

McAuley 7- struggled at bit with adebola

Johansson 7 - solid

Yeates 7 - Played well first 30 mins then went missing

Jarrett 7 - Worked hard, wasn't amazing.

Johnson 9 -man of the match, Did his job picked up loose ball won tackles.

Porter 8 - This lad might just make it you know

Hume 6 - Not impressed,

Horsfield 8 - 2 goals what more can you ask?

Henderson 8 - Looked very solid

Maybury 7 - Not bad

Kisnorbo 7 - Another good performance

McAuley 7- As above

Johansson 6 - Wasn't that convincing today

Yeates 8 - Thought he was much better today than against Ipswich - looks like he can beat players

Jarrett 8 - Missed a couple of good chances but when was the last time we saw a box-to-box midfielder in the LCFC side? Really looks full of running and a useful option.

Johnson 9 - Best performance in a City shirt so far. Tackled brilliantly, passed well and took his goal excellently.

Porter 8 - Very good again, good cross for Horse's first

Hume 6 - Didn't think that he did much today. One poor finish and a good run. Always works hard though.

Horsfield 9 - Excellent hold up work and his second goal was a masterclass in Centre Forward play at this level.

Quite agree with you- and so many of his runs in the first half didn't get picked up.

Henders - 9

As Simon said "Two world class saves", an outstanding show

Maybes - 8

Kisnorbo - 8.5

McAuley - 8.5

Skills - 8

Our first choice defensive block demonstrated that they can be incredibly effective

Yeates - 8 Found space, made runs, crossed balls...and tried tricks on the ball that I go to matches to see. They didn't come off - but I'm not going to knock him for that...Reckon he'll just get better and I hope we can sign him on full time

Jarrett - 6.5 Bambi on Ice half the time...I think there's indications that he could be useful ~ but that wasn't yesterday

Johnson - 9 **** me. Someone tell me what happened here yesterday?

Porter - 6.5 Showed some strength but I don't think he contributes much to the team

Horsey - 8 Was kept on for his hatrick when he was obviously too tired. Shame.

Humey - 8 A tireless Hume performance linking and bothering - deserved a goal or two.

Stearman - Ridiculous substitution, anonymous on the pitch

Cads - Ridiculous substitution, why isn't he given more time?

Elvis - a time-wasting sub in more ways than one!

Kelly - Stupid substitutions especially with regards the timing of the first two.

MM - Speaks to the heart of all of us when he says we are going to play at the highest level. I love him.

Henders - 9

As Simon said "Two world class saves", an outstanding show

Maybes - 8

Kisnorbo - 8.5

McAuley - 8.5

Skills - 8

Our first choice defensive block demonstrated that they can be incredibly effective

Yeates - 8 Found space, made runs, crossed balls...and tried tricks on the ball that I go to matches to see. They didn't come off - but I'm not going to knock him for that...Reckon he'll just get better and I hope we can sign him on full time

Jarrett - 6.5 Bambi on Ice half the time...I think there's indications that he could be useful ~ but that wasn't yesterday

Johnson - 9 **** me. Someone tell me what happened here yesterday?

Porter - 6.5 Showed some strength but I don't think he contributes much to the team

Horsey - 8 Was kept on for his hatrick when he was obviously too tired. Shame.

Humey - 8 A tireless Hume performance linking and bothering - deserved a goal or two.

Stearman - Ridiculous substitution, anonymous on the pitch

Cads - Ridiculous substitution, why isn't he given more time?

Elvis - a time-wasting sub in more ways than one!

Kelly - Stupid substitutions especially with regards the timing of the first two.

MM - Speaks to the heart of all of us when he says we are going to play at the highest level. I love him.

and in true Elvis style, I believe he was flagged for offside within about 7 seconds of coming on

Henderson - 9

Maybury - 8

Kisnorbo - 8.5

McAuley - 8.5

Skills - 8

Yeates - 8

Jarrett - 6.5

Johnson - 8.5 (would be 9 for any normal bloke but I don't like him. :P )

Porter - 7

Horsey - 8.5

Humey - 8

Subs:

What subs exactly? :blink:

Kelly: Out :ph34r:

Now lets be honest, he didn't have a bad game did he. Good cross for Horsfields goal and all but really 9/10? his first touch was about 4 yards in front of him on a number of occasions, he gave the ball away on a number of occasions, he got bullied off the ball on a number of occasions. To be honest if it were not for the assits he'd be the worst player on the park IMO.

I can accept peoples opinions differing from mine but 9/10? You do yourself no favours.

I thought first half, every time Porter got the ball in Coventry's half that something was going to happen. Porter didn't even have to have a good day to be productive on saturday. He has raw potential and a good coach and manager should be able to turn a player like Porter in to one of the best young wingers in the league.

It's early days for Levi, the biggest challenge will come next season when he'll have to try and better his first season and add to that the fact Mandaric will supply our manager will funds to strengthen, it means Porter cannot rest on his laurels.

I thought first half, every time Porter got the ball in Coventry's half that something was going to happen. Porter didn't even have to have a good day to be productive on saturday. He has raw potential and a good coach and manager should be able to turn a player like Porter in to one of the best young wingers in the league.

It's early days for Levi, the biggest challenge will come next season when he'll have to try and better his first season and add to that the fact Mandaric will supply our manager will funds to strengthen, it means Porter cannot rest on his laurels.

I thought the midfield fed him and Yeates very well.

Yes.

Porter and Yeates were mediocre. They did okay but were given the ball so much in space, they should have done more.

Porter gives the ball away too much, his control was shocking on a number of occasions and he's too easily muscled off the ball. He needs to learn to pass the ball or deliver it early sometimes.

He showed glimpses and made a couple of telling contributions, but was made to look good by Cov at times.

Our victory came from 2 central midfielders covering miles and miles and being genuine box to box players and Hume's energy, determination and vision.

Yes they did. Let's hope they continue to do so and that our wingers make the most of it. I like the way Horsfield feeds it out wide as well, helps stretch the defence, we need to make sure Porter and Yeates hurt teams.

Henderson 7.5 Solid in the goal today.

Maybury 7.5 Solid

Kisnorbo 8 Brilliant as usual.

Mcauley 8 Brilliant as usual

Nisse 7.5 Solid

Porter 7 Some good runs and crosses.

Yeates 7 Has some skills up his sleeves and can take people on.

Jarrett 7.5 Worked hard. Nice to have a box to box midfielder.

Johnson 8 Best performance ever in a City Shirt. worked hard and tackle well.

Huuuuummmmee 8 Good play everywhere on the field, his determination was brilliant and his vision. Just lacked the finishing touch tho.

Horssfield 9 MOTM Held the ball up brilliantl and produced the goods.

Sorry it is a bit late, I did go to the game I just haven't got round too doing this one :P:P

Yes.

Porter and Yeates were mediocre. They did okay but were given the ball so much in space, they should have done more.

Porter gives the ball away too much, his control was shocking on a number of occasions and he's too easily muscled off the ball. He needs to learn to pass the ball or deliver it early sometimes.

He showed glimpses and made a couple of telling contributions, but was made to look good by Cov at times.

Our victory came from 2 central midfielders covering miles and miles and being genuine box to box players and Hume's energy, determination and vision.

You call Porter mediocre and then say Coventry made him look good at times. Talk about grudging. But here's a simple thought.

I reckon, game for game, Porter creates three times as many goals as any other established City player and Saturday was no exception. Had the easy chances he created been converted he'd have had four assists instead of two.

As for needing to "learn" to pass that's about as insulting and indefensible a remark as I've seen

aimed at a City player.

Touch for touch he is City's earliest passer in back two/thirds positions. And most games the most accurate and varied passer too.

As for our "box-to-box" central midfield we hardly had a central midfield for periods of the second half and certainly not one which got anywhere near the visitors penalty box. Someone will have the shots statistics for Jarrett and Johnson - perhaps even second half - and it won't be many.

In fact it was Coventry who posed the danger second half. They had a series of excellent chances and only poor finishing and point-blank blocks by Henderson stopped City facing a very uncomfortable end to the game.

Yes.

can't really agree with all of this.

porter played quite well for most of the game and it was his excellent awareness and cross wich led to our first goal and some good interplay between him and nissa which opened up their defence for the third.

as for yeates he is one of those mecurial players who can do things others can't but at times can be frustrating. yet but for an excellent save by the cov goalie he would have scored his second in 3 starts for the club.

i would agree that both need to improve defensively and at times are out muscled.

the simple fact is though that we won the game because of an excellent 30 mins and thanks in no small measure to the excellent shot stopping of henderson. 1 excellent save in the 1st half and at least 3 in the 2nd. without him we would probably have only got a draw. and therein lies our problems defensively

1 no protection at times in front of the back four.

2 a worrying trend to be outmuscled in the centre of defense. mccauley and kisnorbo both did ok but there will be times in this league when we need defenders more in the mold of taggert and elliot. mccauley in particular was out musceled by adebola on several occassions one of which led to a top class save from henderson being required. despite signing all the centre backs we have imo they all lack a cerain physical presence which will be required at times next season if we are to progress out of this league.

You call Porter mediocre and then say Coventry made him look good at times. Talk about grudging. But here's a simple thought.

I reckon, game for game, Porter creates three times as many goals as any other established City player and Saturday was no exception. Had the easy chances he created been converted he'd have had four assists instead of two.

As for needing to "learn" to pass that's about as insulting and indefensible a remark as I've seen

aimed at a City player.

Touch for touch he is City's earliest passer in back two/thirds positions. And most games the most accurate and varied passer too.

As for our "box-to-box" central midfield we hardly had a central midfield for periods of the second half and certainly not one which got anywhere near the visitors penalty box. Someone will have the shots statistics for Jarrett and Johnson - perhaps even second half - and it won't be many.

In fact it was Coventry who posed the danger second half. They had a series of excellent chances and only poor finishing and point-blank blocks by Henderson stopped City facing a very uncomfortable end to the game.

Had Porter provided a decent cross every time he was put into acres of space on the flank by jarret johnson or Horsfield he'd of had 20 assists never mind four.

Had our midfield not fought back for the balls he lost with his strangely bad first touch or wayward passing then we might not of kept a clean sheet.

I'm not talkng about any other games or calling for him to be dropped just pointing out that he had a medicore game. Believe it or not he may have one or two every now and again. It is possible

Now lets be honest, he didn't have a bad game did he. Good cross for Horsfields goal and all but really 9/10? his first touch was about 4 yards in front of him on a number of occasions, he gave the ball away on a number of occasions, he got bullied off the ball on a number of occasions. To be honest if it were not for the assists he'd be the worst player on the park IMO.

I can accept people's opinions differing from mine but 9/10? You do yourself no favours.

The worst Leicester player perhaps? Most of the sky blues were anonymous!

But I agree with you in that Porter's performance was much over-rated (as indeed was Johnson - where was he in the second half?).

Why didn't Kelly sub him?

Had Porter provided a decent cross every time he was put into acres of space on the flank by jarret johnson or Horsfield he'd of had 20 assists never mind four.

Had our midfield not fought back for the balls he lost with his strangely bad first touch or wayward passing then we might not of kept a clean sheet.

I'm not talkng about any other games or calling for him to be dropped just pointing out that he had a medicore game. Believe it or not he may have one or two every now and again. It is possible

It's true Porter got plenty of decent feeds to the flank first half and made good use of some.

But right from the start of the second half Coventry demonstrably marked him much tighter. I wonder why that was?. Cos he was playing crap or cos he'd already prised them open enough times to have helped cost em the match and they didn't want more or the same?.

And once he became more tightly marked where did our creativity go?. We had none that I could see because the drive and energy had been gradually sapped from Johnson and Jarrett and they could no longer race on into forward positions which could have frustrated the tight marking of Levi.

Hence Porter finally had to move even deep into right midfield to help out and remain involved.

Leicester passed and moved as well as all season for 30 minutes but it's an exhausting approach to maintain for a whole game. Yet that's how it's gotta be if we're going to keep moving forward.

It's true Porter got plenty of decent feeds to the flank first half and made good use of some.

But right from the start of the second half Coventry demonstrably marked him much tighter. I wonder why that was?. Cos he was playing crap or cos he'd already prised them open enough times to have helped cost em the match and they didn't want more or the same?.

And once he became more tightly marked where did our creativity go?. We had none that I could see because the drive and energy had been gradually sapped from Johnson and Jarrett and they could no longer race on into forward positions which could have frustrated the tight marking of Levi.

Hence Porter finally had to move even deep into right midfield to help out and remain involved.

Leicester passed and moved as well as all season for 30 minutes but it's an exhausting approach to maintain for a whole game. Yet that's how it's gotta be if we're going to keep moving forward.

That's all fair enough, but all Manwell and TPH were saying was that other than Porter's assists, he had a mediocre game for his standards. His first touch at times was bad, and usually his first touch is on the money. That's all they were saying, no need to get defensive.

Porter has ability and with the right development he should be a good player, but endless praise when he doesn't necessarily deserve it will not help, I can assure you.

That's all fair enough, but all Manwell and TPH were saying was that other than Porter's assists, he had a mediocre game for his standards. His first touch at times was bad, and usually his first touch is on the money. That's all they were saying, no need to get defensive.

Porter has ability and with the right development he should be a good player, but endless praise when he doesn't necessarily deserve it will not help, I can assure you.

I don't for a minute deny there were mediocre aspects to Porter's play like everyone else but his overall effect was considerable.

And we have so few creators in the team I think Porter needs encouragement when he slips occasionally rather than a slating especially while he continues to make such a high proportion of our goals and clearcut chances.

I don't for a minute deny there were mediocre aspects to Porter's play like everyone else but his overall effect was considerable.

And we have so few creators in the team I think Porter needs encouragement when he slips occasionally rather than a slating especially while he continues to make such a high proportion of our goals and clearcut chances.

They're not all as clear cut as you think, hanging cross for the first goal wasn't great Horsfield did well to get there the defense should of cut it out but didn't and what Marshell is doing I don't know.

They're not all as clear cut as you think, hanging cross for the first goal wasn't great Horsfield did well to get there the defense should of cut it out but didn't and what Marshell is doing I don't know.

Wasn't great? If he'd made it any easier he'd have been credited with the goal and the assist. :D

Defences should always cut out the final ball - but to the greater benefit of football they don't!

Wasn't great? If he'd made it anyeasier he'd have been credited with the goal and the assist. :D

Defences should always cut out the final ball - but to the greater benefit of football they don't!

It's hanging has no pace and horsfield has to head back towards goal Marshall should of saved it, it's just a chip. :mellow:

As for his involvement in the second I don't see why it's porter who gets the praise for rolling the ball 2 yards inside to Andy Johnson, when it was Andy Johnson who played a lovely ball into Geoff Horsfield. That Thracian was a clear cut chance

Double standers and faviourtism, your awfull for it.

Archived