Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Burnley Post Match

he will be back i reckon

Probably not.

I think it's for the best.

A few weeks ago I'd have said, yeah... get him in.

But now... we have money, we can spend more on wages... why not get some proper class in?

Joey was quite handy for us last season... that's it, it's in the past now.

Onwards and upwards. :cool:

Yeah but it would have to be 'our day' every single game. Look at the FA cup, you get the odd suprise with some crap League 2 team beating a prem side, but it would rarely happen.

If Mandaric had come in when he had planned, play-offs could have been a real possibility...

Just need to take this belief and momentum into next season, with a bit of added quality... we could certainly be up there

As I said i'll take a draw on Saturday but a few people have basically said we have lost already. On paper they'd be correct but we had a surprise tonight, we had a surprise 2 weeks ago at Ipswich and a 3-0 win on Saturday was a surprise TBH (It was for me anyway) all i'm saying is yes don't hold too much expectations for Saturday but don't put us down already. If that was the players mentality no wonder we have lost and played so crap all season!

Its like everyone saying oh if we win 10 of 13 (Or whatever it is) yes its unlikly we will hit the playoffs and I doubt we will win what is needed to reach the playoffs but on the phone in last night I heard someone saying "its too late to set targets now" why is it? The target is still possible, As I said its unlikly we'll do it, but why not set the target and push?

You ain't gonna get anywhere with mentality like that!

As I said i'll take a draw on Saturday but a few people have basically said we have lost already. On paper they'd be correct but we had a surprise tonight, we had a surprise 2 weeks ago at Ipswich and a 3-0 win on Saturday was a surprise TBH (It was for me anyway) all i'm saying is yes don't hold too much expectations for Saturday but don't put us down already. If that was the players mentality no wonder we have lost and played so crap all season!

Its like everyone saying oh if we win 10 of 13 (Or whatever it is) yes its unlikly we will hit the playoffs and I doubt we will win what is needed to reach the playoffs but on the phone in last night I heard someone saying "its too late to set targets now" why is it? The target is still possible, As I said its unlikly we'll do it, but why not set the target and push?

You ain't gonna get anywhere with mentality like that!

I agree with you to a certain extent. I read in saturday's programme in Danny Tiatto's interview that although he thought it would be tough that the play-off's should still be the aim. Which was pretty positive. I'd be surprised, nay shocked, if we did it, to be honest I think its too many points to make up, but if its that kind of thinking thats gonna help push us on then I'm all for that. :thumbup:

Did Kisnorbo get his 5th booking of the season tonight? :unsure:

I think he has 4 in the league and 1 in the cup againts Villa, So does that mean he is suspended for the next game or does the Villa one not count?

Barber said that's 4, but it's barber.

p.s. he's a twat by the way

There is no chance that it can go down as Speedie's goal...

but it may well not have been McGreal although he was playing.

It was before my time as a city (football) fan... so...

I just watched the 93/94 play-off game against Tranmere and one of their players attempts a goalline clearance which they managed to smash upwards into the net... so that's probably what you're thinking of in fairness. ;)

It's about 3:30 in on

. :mellow:

It's their number 5.... whoever that was 13 years ago. lol

It was before my time as a city (football) fan... so...

I just watched the 93/94 play-off game against Tranmere and one of their players attempts a goalline clearance which they managed to smash upwards into the net... so that's probably what you're thinking of in fairness. ;)

It's about 3:30 in on

. :mellow:

It's their number 5.... whoever that was 13 years ago. lol

Yes I do remember it - I was 5 yards away from it :cool:

And it came off the defender before he cleared it into the roof of the net too so it was an og all over.

What a night that was.

And it came off the defender before he cleared it into the roof of the net too so it was an og all over.

What a night that was.

Can you add player ratings to this thread please? Make it a bit different to usual.

What a night that was.

You're right... it did. Looks like he handled it, oddly enough... can't tell, the video quality is poor. :P

Amazing that it's not counted as an own goal... it's not as if it was a tiny deflection... he did his very best to bury it. lol

Where are the KELLY OUT chants, eh?

"Kelly Out!"

Still say he should go... seen nothing to suggest i should change my position, but i have no desire to boot him out mid season, see what we can do in the summer, the fact remains (and has still to be dissproven IMHO) that he's not really up to it.

Where are the KELLY OUT chants, eh?

I'm happy to oblige but it seems a tad boorish to be doing every match...let's just take it as read that others may turn if they want to but this Lady is not for turning.

Ooooh...I feel all cold and disgusting quoting that vampire....time to focus on the warmth emanating from the scoreline. Smashing :D

The more I look at the stats and think about this win, the more I believe it to be brilliant. We were outplayed tonight, under heavy pressure for large amounts and maybe didn't deserve anything at all from the game. But we've managed to keep a clean sheet and come away with 3 points.

These are normally the games we lose because we cannot deal with the pressure or we aren't fit enough to keep the resistance strong. We also lose these types of games when we do as Burnley did tonight.

Brilliant. Now lets keep this momentum up against WBA on Saturday. They'll pose a much different, more difficult threat indeed.

Woooooohoooooooooooo!!!

A 3rd win on the trot and yet another clean sheet. I dont care if it was ugly football and the winner was an own goal, its the win that counts and we should be prepared to win ugly. Im not that bothered that our strikers fired another blank either as we seem to forget you dont neccasarily need a 30 goal a season striker as Sheff Utd went up with last season with one striker on 11 goals and he now plays in the lower leagues (Shipperley).

Well done to the lads and lets keep it going. You never know, we could snaek into the play-offs after all!! (Knee-jerk reaction at its finest)

That was a sodding disgrace and if I'd been responsible for it I'd have hung my head in shame.

As a performance it took the piss out of the word football.

We collected three valuable points and our third successive clean sheet for blatantly betraying football.

A bit like Judas collected silver coins for betraying Jesus

But as far as I am concerned our once proud club's name had 90 minutes of being dragged through the droppings of Turf Moor last night.

When Robert Kelly talks of winning ugly he makes Marty Feldman look handsome.

In the morning I might find something positive to say.

But right now - after a 333 miles round trip - I am ashamedly convinced that I have just witnessed the worst 90 minutes play by any City team in my 50 years of being a supporter.

I've laboured long and hard about whether Kelly is a good manager, a bad manager whether he's the right man to be Leicester's manager.

In 90 minutes - and, yes, 90 victorious minutes, this evening I've finally discovered the answer.

It's contained in the following analogy.

Would you leave your best friend's face in a bucket of acid to be disfigured beyond recognition?

Cos that's what Kelly did with our football tonight.

He turned a beautiful concept into something gross - because three points is more important than any responsibility to the game.

I hope he shows the video to his family. And makes em watch it right through.

It'll go down like an evening drinking Kaolin and Morphine.

Archived