Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Burnley Post Match

What? I'd be well happy if someone decided to pull me off.

Ba dum Chhsshhhh! :D

:whistle:

I realized upon posting that there was scope for gratuitous innuendo ... I saw you coming, mate. lol

*cough* :ph34r:

I thought he looked a bit downhearted I wouldn't say upset, that could just as easily have been because his contribution had made no discernible impact on the scoreline. I'd imagine anyway that he was taken off due to having 'tight hamstrings' as reported on before the game.

As for Hammond his 'presence', if not his actual contribution caused more panic in their defence and had more effect than we'd had at any time during the game, and was if I remember correctly a contributing factor in the own goal as was Porter and Horsfield

Hammond did sound to be in the mix when the ball was bundled over the line... then again, it's hard to tell exactly which part of the park Barber is talking about... for all we knew at the time, Hammond could have been at the burger stand. :P

Neither JJ and AJ were looking to get forward to support the attacks and it left huge gaps between them and the stikers. If they'd have looked to push on then we wouldn't have been under so much pressure.

Just spoke to a Burnley fan who was at the match- he said Leicester were the worst team to have played at Turf Moor all season.

..AND we won, wonder what that says about them!

Was just going to say that lmao.

well it shows we can grind a result if we want to then ;)

if were bad Burnley must be crap

and i bet joey's gutted being beaten by us

Just spoke to a Burnley fan who was at the match- he said Leicester were the worst team to have played at Turf Moor all season.

..AND we won, wonder what that says about them!

Was just going to say that lmao.

well it shows we can grind a result if we want to then ;)

if were bad Burnley must be crap

and i bet joey's gutted being beaten by us

Says a fan of a Championship team who has only won one in 17 - against Leeds. lol

You can laugh about it all you like but it was an absolutely pitiful performance and to say we were lucky is a massive understatement which even RK admits to.

There was 750 of us there last night.

Yes it was uninspiring but we won for god sake and on the back of a decentish performance at Ipswich and a great performance against Cov, this, as posted above should surely have been expected.

To all those slating Kelly and co for last nights performance, get used to it, because it is a hell of a lot better than doing all that and only getting a bore draw, or a sucker punch 1-0 defeat of our own!

Yes it was uninspiring but we won for god sake and on the back of a decentish performance at Ipswich and a great performance against Cov, this, as posted above should surely have been expected.

To all those slating Kelly and co for last nights performance, get used to it, because it is a hell of a lot better than doing all that and only getting a bore draw, or a sucker punch 1-0 defeat of our own!

I'm quite sure everyone on the Forum is delighted we stole three points and ground out a 1-0 win at Turf Moor. I think the point a number of people are making is that if we believed in ourselves a bit more, and went for the opposition's throat, we might beat them on merit, rather than stealing the points.

We're all but safe now barring a cataclysmic decline in form. We have a chance to play slightly more ambitious football for the remainder of the season and see where it takes us. To a degree the test for RK and the lads starts now. We've all but achieved the basic requirement of maintaining Championship football. Now lets see if the current personnel have the ambition and ability to go for a top ten place next season - by aiming to finish 10th of 11th this season. If we can, and can then add say three quality players this summer, then next season looks full of potential.

We can afford to really go for the Baggies on Saturday. There'll be a big crowd. We have a settled team. We know the Horse and Huuuuume can score goals given some service.

I'm fascinated to see which Leicester City turns up on Saturday

I'm quite sure everyone on the Forum is delighted we stole three points and ground out a 1-0 win at Turf Moor. I think the point a number of people are making is that if we believed in ourselves a bit more, and went for the opposition's throat, we might beat them on merit, rather than stealing the points.

We're all but safe now barring a cataclysmic decline in form. We have a chance to play slightly more ambitious football for the remainder of the season and see where it takes us. To a degree the test for RK and the lads starts now. We've all but achieved the basic requirement of maintaining Championship football. Now lets see if the current personnel have the ambition and ability to go for a top ten place next season - by aiming to finish 10th of 11th this season. If we can, and can then add say three quality players this summer, then next season looks full of potential.

We can afford to really go for the Baggies on Saturday. There'll be a big crowd. We have a settled team. We know the Horse and Huuuuume can score goals given some service.

I'm fascinated to see which Leicester City turns up on Saturday

Well put :thumbup: let's set our stall out and have ambitions to be better than average and certainly not a piss poor but lucky team.

Kudos to all the guys that made the trip up Nooth! :thumbup:

Must've been freezing and the action on the pitch not particularly heart-warming, either.

God I've just watched Elvis' one on one miss and it was kin simple. Dear me.

You have to also remember that Leicester didn't muster the semblance of a chance until Elvis came on.

Suddenly he created a little havoc in Burnley's on two or three ocasions and we stole the most undeserved but welcome goal.

Someone did comment that, but for the substitutions, we would never have won and I tend to agree with that.

I will not agree that Elvis shook the defence up I'm afraid. He may have had a buit of pace being fresh on, but he caused us far more problems than them.

He was sloppy, completley ineffective and uninterested if he did not have the ball at his feet, but he was pacey, thats it.

Oh, and it wernt that cold btw, probably standing keopt me warmer than most..

It doesn't matter how bad we think Elvis is, the thing is the opposition don't, and we've profited from that. That, to me, makes him effective, especially when compared to say Fryatt, who can do no wrong in some eyes. It seems to me that if your face doesn't fit, then that's it, and it doesn't matter how good or bad you are, you'll be subjected to much derision.

Archived