Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Burnley Post Match

That was a sodding disgrace and if I'd been responsible for it I'd have hung my head in shame.

As a performance it took the piss out of the word football.

We collected three valuable points and our third successive clean sheet for blatantly betraying football.

A bit like Judas collected silver coins for betraying Jesus

But as far as I am concerned our once proud club's name had 90 minutes of being dragged through the droppings of Turf Moor last night.

When Robert Kelly talks of winning ugly he makes Marty Feldman look handsome.

In the morning I might find something positive to say.

But right now - after a 333 miles round trip - I am ashamedly convinced that I have just witnessed the worst 90 minutes play by any City team in my 50 years of being a supporter.

I've laboured long and hard about whether Kelly is a good manager, a bad manager whether he's the right man to be Leicester's manager.

In 90 minutes - and, yes, 90 victorious minutes, this evening I've finally discovered the answer.

It's contained in the following analogy.

Would you leave your best friend's face in a bucket of acid to be disfigured beyond recognition?

Cos that's what Kelly did with our football tonight.

That was a sodding disgrace and if I'd been responsible for it I'd have hung my head in shame.

It was so bad you told us thrice. :thumbup:

RK's admitted it wasn't the most glorious night of football - especially from a performance perspective. I don't believe he intentionally served up crap football, I think that's how the game panned out and there wasn't a great deal he could have done about it.

It was a midweek game, after a weekend game, away from home against a team we usually fail against - the previous games we've seriously failed to trouble Burnley and the games have, it's been said, been spectacularly poor. Some games are like that, surely.

In my opinion of course. I suppose, somewhat fortunately, I won't suffer the awful football component when I see the highlights. :whistle:

We collected three valuable points and our third successive clean sheet for blatantly betraying football.

But as far as I am concerned our once proud club's name had 90 minutes of being dragged through the droppings of Turf Moor last night.

But right now - after a 333 miles round trip - I am ashamedly convinced that I have just witnessed the worst 90 minutes play by any City team in my 50 years of being a supporter.

I've laboured long and hard about whether Kelly is a good manager, a bad manager whether he's the right man to be Leicester's manager.

In 90 minutes - and, yes, 90 victorious minutes, this evening I've finally discovered the answer.

Would you leave your best friend's face in a bucket of acid to be disfigured beyond recognition?

Fair enough, but if we'd lost at Burnley, it'd have been the "same old, same old Leicester" story with the KELLY OUT fraction showing up once again.

People will always find something to complain and if it's just for gaining three lucky points. Given the fact that we were once very close to the bottom three, I'm glad we're on the up now.

But in all honesty, I wasn't there, so I shall reserve my judgement and make way for more Thracians.

Fair enough, but if we'd lost at Burnley, it'd have been the "same old, same old Leicester" story with the KELLY OUT fraction showing up once again.

People will always find something to complain and if it's just for gaining three lucky points. Given the fact that we were once very close to the bottom three, I'm glad we're on the up now.

But in all honesty, I wasn't there, so I shall reserve my judgement and make way for more Thracians.

Not always, the reason we won is because Burnley couldn't put the ball in the net, and from what I heard our defence was shambolic, especially in the first half.

The result may gloss our failures to some, but looking towards th future, Kelly's team was shite, he was tactically inept, and what ever change he made, made no difference to the onslaught!!!

Top 10 would be absolutely fantastic - well top half anyway would!

Doesn't really matter if we finish 10th or 17th, not financially anyway. Besides, in all honesty, the way Leicester have been playing this season hardly justifies a top 10 finish.

What is it with the City defence, every time a team comes on to us we back off and back off until were so deep we can never get out. Last night was a prime example, what the hell is Rob Kelly teaching them on the training ground. Good coach ? maybe if you took his teeth out and put seats in you could make a coach. Come on Rob, defend from the front, keep your forwards up the pitch and lets have an outball. Last night result, wecome as it was, came from Burnleys inept finishing and a large slice of luck. M,M is watching Rob, sort it :o out before he does.

I have to agree with Shen on that... we don't deserve it for the performances so far, but if we get it, then we will... :)

What can I say, over the moon we got 3 points when we were outclassed, outperformed and out enthused.... you take them anyway you can get.

There was some real courage under fire today, and that is good to see there is still some there, as whilst flair and great attack will win you some games, others you need to grind out and have courage... and the side showed that today.

Now for the big test in WBA, but after the last few games, I reckon the boys are up for a challenge and could just spring a surprise.... :)

Apparently (according to my Dad who buys the rag), the Express have said that (to paraphrase)

"Leicester's honeymoon with new owner Milan Mandaric continues with a win over Burnley after their weekend victory over Wolves"

Blimey, when did we squeeze that one in? Was it straight after we beat Coventry on Saturday, or were we allowed to rest until Sunday? Or maybe we just fielded our 'reserves'...

3 wins in 4 days? Damn, we're good!

Not always, the reason we won is because Burnley couldn't put the ball in the net, and from what I heard our defence was shambolic, especially in the first half.

The result may gloss our failures to some, but looking towards th future, Kelly's team was shite, he was tactically inept, and what ever change he made, made no difference to the onslaught!!!

:blink:

We would've drawn if it hadn't been for that precious own goal... lol

What exactly did you expect as you travelled up there? This type of game was always on the cards. We got three points slightly fortuitously, but calling for the manager's head because you had a shit time is a ton of crap.

I don't know whether to be happy or not with that showing. Yes we won away and the defence did well to hold out for so long, but if they continue to do that against a better side we will eventually concede and then struggle to get back into the game.

Great result, but a shame we felt the need to sit back in our own half with about 20 minutes to go.

I don't know whether to be happy or not with that showing. Yes we won away and the defence did well to hold out for so long, but if they continue to do that against a better side we will eventually concede and then struggle to get back into the game.

To be fair I'm sure our coaching staff and management are fully aware of that. I've heard some of them are even capable of stringing sentances together.

Won ugly, won even though we didn't play too great. Not done that for ages. Kept the run going.

To be fair though, we haven't played well for most of the last four or five seasons.
It sounded like we robbed Burnley, and then gave them a tweedy and wedgey to boot. What a steal! but who gives a shit, yes yes yes yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss.
The number of times they've done that to us, what goes around comes around.

Fantastic! :D This is exactly the type of game we've not been able to win over the last two and a half years.

Anyone got any idea how many fans went up to the game last night?

I heard around 400 went, not sure though.

Heard during the radio commentary last night that Hume did not 'look happy at all' at the decision to pull him off.

Can a member of the travelling hoard clear this up for us... was Hume genuinely upset to be replaced by Elvis (if so, how upset exactly?) or was it just Barber blowing things up as usual? :ph34r:

Heard during the radio commentary last night that Hume did not 'look happy at all' at the decision to pull him off.

Can a member of the travelling hoard clear this up for us... was Hume genuinely upset to be replaced by Elvis (if so, how upset exactly?) or was it just Barber blowing things up as usual? :ph34r:

I think if you're a player, especially one like Hume, you'd have every right to be upset at being replaced by Elvis Hammond. Hammond isn't a good footballer, he struggles to even be an ok footballer, and is lazier than a sleeping fat bloke. Hume isn't lazy and is actually a decent footballer.

Though I can imagine if Hume looked over at the bench in suprise and didn't grin like a Cheshire cat, then Barber would have thought he was having a right strop and thus we believe Hume did not "look happy at all".

What is it with the City defence, every time a team comes on to us we back off and back off until were so deep we can never get out. Last night was a prime example, what the hell is Rob Kelly teaching them on the training ground. Good coach ? maybe if you took his teeth out and put seats in you could make a coach. Come on Rob, defend from the front, keep your forwards up the pitch and lets have an outball. Last night result, wecome as it was, came from Burnleys inept finishing and a large slice of luck. M,M is watching Rob, sort it :o out before he does.

Are you the same Roy from Wigston that we hear on the Moan In from time-to-time? :dunno::dunno: Yes we do defend to deep and that invites sides to have a go. I wonder how many points we have lost because of this. :ph34r::unsure::whistle::( <_<

I thought he looked a bit downhearted I wouldn't say upset, that could just as easily have been because his contribution had made no discernible impact on the scoreline. I'd imagine anyway that he was taken off due to having 'tight hamstrings' as reported on before the game.

As for Hammond his 'presence', if not his actual contribution caused more panic in their defence and had more effect than we'd had at any time during the game, and was if I remember correctly a contributing factor in the own goal as was Porter and Horsfield

Archived