Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxy1984

Student tickets

Call me cynical if you want....but Peter Jones strikes me as being a bit of a tosser with no morals

I would use other adjectives to describe you with (other than cynical) after a comment like that.

Peter Jones, if you ever bother to read other peoples posts on here, has been nothing other than a superbly professional interface between the club and the supporters.

You don't like club policy? Fair enough - I don't like your blinkered opinion about the clubs pricing policy for students - but that doesn't mean you should single out one person (the wrong person) for your angst.

If you want to mouth off then try getting a couple of facts right first., otherwise the 'tosser' epithet will be firmly placed on your shoulders.

You don't like club policy? Fair enough - I don't like your blinkered opinion about the clubs pricing policy for students - but that doesn't mean you should single out one person (the wrong person) for your angst.

So who is behind the unfair pricing policy at LCFC so that I may address my blinkered opinion?

My opinion is as valid as anybody elses on this site. I'm sorry if it has offended you.

I don't want to tread on anyones feet BUT I am not a fan of student discounts I really don't see what differentiates them from anyone else it's there choice to carry on into further education and I would also suggest that although hard up many have more disposable income than many young families with 2kids a mortgage, council tax and so on I would rather the club take more time and give more support to young families with increased discounts and offers than student discounts.

I accept that this is probably the wrong site for this sort of opinion as many of you are students I just don't understand why many think they are entitled to get things cheaper without a logical reason. I guess many of you won't agree with this but it's all about opinions and that's mine

So who is behind the unfair pricing policy at LCFC so that I may address my blinkered opinion?

If you actually gave a shit about the topic you are commenting on then you would have got in touch with the club directly to ask this question.

Student ticket pricing is not about being "fair", it is a marketing policy based around trying to turn potential high-earners, currently in education and not necessarily from this area, into life-long City fans in order to cement future income streams. Perceived discrimination against the hard-up or students wanting freebie handouts misses this point.

There is a large student population in Leicester why not try to tap into the market? :dunno:

but isn't there an even bigger population of young low income families?

or hard working young people who have to pay huge levels of rent, mortgage, council tax and so on to single out one group is highly unfair in my opinion individuals should be treated the same no matter what your circumstances are

or hard working young people who have to pay huge levels of rent, mortgage, council tax and so on to single out one group is highly unfair in my opinion individuals should be treated the same no matter what your circumstances are

:doh: Hard working young people that have difficulty reading?

IT'S A MARKETING STRATEGY - NOT AN EXERCISE IN SOCIAL FAIRNESS!

City is a business.

Fecks sake.

It is true that football is no longer marketed at low income families as it might have been 30-40 years ago. :dunno:

What do people think of the pricing for Palace away? £25 for adults and £15 for seniors and under 16s. Personally, because I'm a student, I think £15 for a student and £10 for seniors and under 16 would be more reasonable. If I go it's going to be with an under 16 ticket because I haven't got near on £30 to throw away on something that's only going to guarantee entrance to the ground and that's before you talk about travel. £50 for a 16/17 year old is a fair bit even if they have a part-time job.

What do people think of the pricing for Palace away? £25 for adults and £15 for seniors and under 16s. Personally, because I'm a student, I think £15 for a student and £10 for seniors and under 16 would be more reasonable. If I go it's going to be with an under 16 ticket because I haven't got near on £30 to throw away on something that's only going to guarantee entrance to the ground and that's before you talk about travel. £50 for a 16/17 year old is a fair bit even if they have a part-time job.

I'd say it was a fair bit for anyone :o

I'd say it was a fair bit for anyone :o

Yeah you're not wrong. I just feel there should be some form of discount for people still in education up to the age of 18 at least because I find I have even less time now, doing A-levels, than I did last year whilst in compulsory education to have a part-time job. I suppose you have to prioritise and my priority is to get good grades and then hopefully get a good job at the end of it all rather then try to cramb in a part-time job to fund things I want to do now.

£25 is a lot, but nobody is forcing you to go to the game and pay the price. If people took a stance against the prices and stayed away (like they are doing in the Premiership) then the clubs would have to re-evaluate things.

Personally, I'm not too concerned about the £25 ticket (I am going), but that's because I've not been to many games this season so I've not spent a lot on football. If the price was £28 or above, I'd have second thoughts and would probably give it a miss.

Yeah you're not wrong. I just feel there should be some form of discount for people still in education up to the age of 18 at least because I find I have even less time now, doing A-levels, than I did last year whilst in compulsory education to have a part-time job. I suppose you have to prioritise and my priority is to get good grades and then hopefully get a good job at the end of it all rather then try to cramb in a part-time job to fund things I want to do now.

;):thumbup::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes: You will have plenty of time to do all sorts of things later.

I personally don't think that students should be given discount on anything and I don't think the potential high earnings that Dagenham Dave quotes stacks up. Going to college/uni or indeed any form of further education is a life style choice but it should not mean that the rest of us, as consumers, whether that be in the supermarket or suporters of Leicester City, should subsidise those activities.

Perhapes Leicester City as a company could offer student loans to the potential high earners for season tickets and then they could reimburse the club when they are sufficiently well off. :whistle:

As a foot note, I do think that other clubs, like Leicester City, should have a young adult band for tickets. My nephew (17) has had to pay adult prices for away games at Sheffield Wednesday and will have to again for the Palace game this weekend but I think that introducing a students band would be unnecessary.

I asked:

Dagenham Dave replied:

If you actually gave a shit about the topic you are commenting on then you would have got in touch with the club directly to ask this question.

I will of course be contacting Leicester City to find out who is responsible for the 'goal post moving' regarding the Premium STH status. I was hoping that you might know!!! :thumbup:

£25 is a lot, but nobody is forcing you to go to the game and pay the price. If people took a stance against the prices and stayed away (like they are doing in the Premiership) then the clubs would have to re-evaluate things.

Personally, I'm not too concerned about the £25 ticket (I am going), but that's because I've not been to many games this season so I've not spent a lot on football. If the price was £28 or above, I'd have second thoughts and would probably give it a miss.

I know no-one forces me to go to games but I won't be doing much else on Saturday if I don't go. Seems a shame to do nothing on a Saturday just because of money. Anyway, thinking about giving Palace a miss and going to a different away game because can't see the all round matchday experience being that good. Southend was a good day out but think Palace will be a bit poor, partly because I missed out on getting train tickets so wouldn't be able to go down with some of the people off here.

They are only being advertised on DMU / Leics Uni campus', hence nobodies heard anything about it outside of these Unis, but you can definately get them with any NUS card.

Very very sneaky LCFC!

Why? There's no point in targeting universtities in Liverpool or London.

I wait with bated breath every year to see if I finally quallify for Premium Season Ticket holder status....but guess what...every year LCFC move the goal posts and require an extra year of being a STH before qualification. Call me cynical if you want....but Peter Jones strikes me as being a bit of a tosser with no morals. A bit of honesty would not go a miss over this situation!
Peter Jones is a fans relation officer. He's not going to have any influence at all on ticket prices, is he? As for the last comment, :nono:.

The reason I made the comment about Peter Jones was this; when I first adressed this issue of Premium STH status with the club 2yrs ago, through the ticket office initially, I was informed by the member of staff dealing with my enquiry that Peter jones was the person to communicate with. I sent an email, via the ticket office, as advised and subsequent failed to hear anything in return.

I presumed that the message got through and that Peter could not be arsed to reply. This is why I don't, currently, have any respect for the man. However, I was maybe a bit hasty in my comments and appologise to any members of this forum and that includes Peter for any hurt that may have been caused.

Peter has replied to an email that I sent to the club yesterday (you see, I do give a shit) although he has failed to answer any of my questions. He has offered me the opportunity to talk to him via a telephone regarding these issues but to be honest I am quite happy to address my issues through email.

I personally don't think that students should be given discount on anything and I don't think the potential high earnings that Dagenham Dave quotes stacks up. Going to college/uni or indeed any form of further education is a life style choice but it should not mean that the rest of us, as consumers, whether that be in the supermarket or suporters of Leicester City, should subsidise those activities.

Don't be a retard...there isn't a survey that doesn't confirm that graduates earn more than non-graduates on average over a working lifetime.

Education is a lifestyle choice you ought to invest in because your ignorance of basic economics and marketing is frightening.

You subsidise **** all: You pay your money to the club, the club adds it to all the other money they bank and then they decide on pricing structures in line with their short, medium and long term goals. If this concept is too tough for you then I suggest you turn off the computer before you hurt yourself on the keyboard.

Perhapes Leicester City as a company could offer student loans to the potential high earners for season tickets and then they could reimburse the club when they are sufficiently well off.

You really are being quite the fuknut aren't you.

Why? There's no point in targeting universtities in Liverpool or London.

Obviously not, but you could put it on the website so that those of us who go to university elsewhere know we can get cheaper tickets? Not to mention the other what, 20-30 institutions in Leicestershire that would issue NUS cards? How about Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and elsewhere in the East Mids?

Not that fussed, secret is out now. Can't wait to get my tickets cheaper, and I'll be god damned I deserve them, given that I don't do any work and don't pay any taxes.

Listen Fox63 there no point in trying to argue your point on here about student tickets as the majority of members are students and it will get you nowhere, im off the same opinion regarding student prices but i keep stum as your flogging a dead horse.

Archived