Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Maybury injury update

Boss Kelly waiting on Maybury

0,,10274~3121867,00.jpg

Rob Kelly says he will know more on the injury to Alan Maybury in the next 24-hours after the defender was stretchered off in the 2-2 draw with Southend United at Roots Hall on Saturday.

The Republic of Ireland international was forced from the field right at the death after a nasty looking collision left him unable to put any weight on his right ankle.

But Kelly, whose side have now put together a six match unbeaten run, confirmed that he was hopeful that the injury is not as bad as he had originally feared.

He said: "When you see any player coming off the pitch on a stretcher the tendency is to fear the worst.

"It is an impact injury and he got caught in he same place twice during the game. His ankle is numb at the moment - so we will have to wait and see if there is a reaction over the next 24-hours.

"We are just hoping that the injury is not as bad as we first thought."

Iain Hume grabbed both of Leicester's goals on the day - but each time they found themselves pegged back by the resilient Shrimpers.

Kelly added: "We come away from the game disappointed. We wanted to see it out and maybe we should have been a bit more ruthless.

"But I suppose it shows how far we have come in such a short space of time. We have come away from home and got a point - although it feels like a defeat.

"The goals will have done Iain a lot of good and will have given him enormous confidence. He has stayed in the team because he also gives us the other side - he works very hard. But in the end you judge strikers on goals.

"We have played a lot better this season and not got anything out of the game. There were periods when we didn't play as well as we know we can.

"But we showed great spirit and resilience. We should also give Southend credit for that. They never gave up and made it very difficult for us.

"There are certainly having a right good go for their manager and supporters."

Hopefully he'll be fixed up before long.... we could do with him back in the side. ;)

glad to see that its nothing serious like a broken ankle.

i think he has got more into games and has looked a better player recently but also so has the team.

i hope stears can step up and cover his place or Kenton.

2way fight now

hope nissa is fit for next game or we are going to stuggle for a left back. :( we probably gonna end up playing a right footed player at left back again,

which suggests that we need more lefty defender for next season.

Nissa is fit.

Unless he injures himself in training, he'll be back next game. :cool:

Yeah but apart from the peno against Albion Maybury has been awesome for us we need to be fit but Stearman fit now and Nisse soon to return but we aint got a big enough squad for injuries.....but hey....wot about Sheehan?

I like him one week, hate him the next.

He had a hell of a job on his hands today keeping Campbell-Ryce quiet and I thought we looked shaky there but that's to be expected from a right-back playing left-back against a very quick, tricky right winger.

What really wound me up today was his diving. He's constantly complaining about being fouled against when in a defensive position. Concentrate on the game and stop f**king looking at the ref.

I like him one week, hate him the next.

He had a hell of a job on his hands today keeping Campbell-Ryce quiet and I thought we looked shaky there but that's to be expected from a right-back playing left-back against a very quick, tricky right winger.

What really wound me up today was his diving. He's constantly complaining about being fouled against when in a defensive position. Concentrate on the game and stop f**king looking at the ref.

I thought he did well with Campbell-Ryce today :unsure:

Maybury was decent today I thought playing at left-back, and actually dealt with Campbell-Ryce pretty well in my opinion. The challenge which led to him being stretchered off looked fairly nasty though. I wouldn't have liked to have received it.

Maybury was decent today I thought playing at left-back, and actually dealt with Campbell-Ryce pretty well in my opinion. The challenge which led to him being stretchered off looked fairly nasty though. I wouldn't have liked to have received it.

You're perfect though Jamie and would have just shrugged it off and just got on with it..... :rolleyes:

You're perfect though Jamie and would have just shrugged it off and just got on with it..... :rolleyes:

Grow up. I'm far from perfect and have fairly weak legs at present due to suffering a couple of serious injuries in the last couple of seasons.

Which is beside the point because this is a thread about Maybury and I am not Maybury. It looked as though he could have broken his ankle - I know he hasn't - but that's what I feared at first.

hope nissa is fit for next game or we are going to stuggle for a left back. :( we probably gonna end up playing a right footed player at left back again,

Wasn't Nissa just suspended for the game against Southend?

nissa was banned yesterday, he'll come straight back in for maybs in a straight swap, how did stearman play?

Wasn't Nissa just suspended for the game against Southend?

Yep he was.

Nissa back and hopefully a continued run in the side for Stearman who will hopefully get some confidence again.

Maybury is OK but is one of the favourites and maybe we will get an opportunity to try others like we did when another fav of RKs got injured, the skipper Paddy Mac.

Maybury is OK but is one of the favourites and maybe we will get an opportunity to try others like we did when another fav of RKs got injured, the skipper Paddy Mac.

I'm not sure I'd agree that Mayberry is one of RKs chosen men, I think he is in the side because stearman's form has dipped rather than through his own skill. Gives Stearman the chance to try and regain the RB spot I guess.

Nissa is fit.

Unless he injures himself in training, he'll be back next game. :cool:

I'm sure there's an echo in here. :whistle:

I'm not sure I'd agree that Mayberry is one of RKs chosen men, I think he is in the side because stearman's form has dipped rather than through his own skill. Gives Stearman the chance to try and regain the RB spot I guess.

I don't think he's a chosen one either...

After all, he was frozen out from the squad for many weeks before mysteriously replacing Nissa at LB (despite, quite probably, being totally unfit after playing no football for a month or more).

After all... a chosen man gets picked no matter what, and if space can't be found, space can be made (can't drop an in form RB, so stick him at RW for example). Maybury hasn't been near the RW since Villa, if I'm not mistaken. He's back at RB because Stearman has been pants... you can hardly accuse him of being a favourite if an out-of-form RB is replace by him... lol

Stearman needs to be playing. He's to good to be left out.

Stearman and too good surely can't be in the same sentence? :P

I much prefer Maybury playing at right back on current performances. Seeing as Stearman will be getting his chance in the coming weeks it'll be seen whether he really is good enough to hold down a regular first team place. :dunno:

Yes if he gets two games in a row. Same with Weso, and I think AJ was slightly injured on saturday but he is player that has shown the limit he can perform. I don't think his experience benefits anyone.

However Porter needs a rest, get Yeates in for a game even if the latter has been bad lately.

And replace Horsefield with Fryatt or Cadamertari. We're wasting money on someone who's getting zilch playing time

Drunken posting?

Stears was quality last season, but in all honesty this season, he hasn't been up to standard at all. Infact he has been pretty wank. Whether that's to do with the coaching staff or the transfer speculation/uncertainty about his future here I don't know. But it's no excuse in all fairness. Maybury has been more consistent and a better performer this season, and was in the side on merit. Which is why Stears wasn't in the side - his performances meant he didn't merit a start.

Archived