Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Leeds Post-match

To be totally honest I was devastated at how abysmal that performance was. We were playing bottom of the table and never got out of our own half in the opening period. Again there was no cohesion or bite in the midfield and the game cried out for Danny Tiatto. He is more of a box to box player than Jarrett. This summer there needs to be a large overhaul of players and after that show I would only be prepared to keep the goalkeeper and the defenders.

"There were two offside decisions late on for Elvis Hammond and Levi Porter. "I've had a look at the replays and they looked onside to me. He's a good referee Graham Laws but he just got it wrong a couple of times.

"Porter is a promising player - he can go past players."

Can he? Maybe occassionally but he isn't as good as people make out.

Can some one please tell me why the F we still play Hughes and Maybury? They are shit week in week out, what ever they've got on Kelly must me good, I'm guessing pictures of him in a shemale orgy or something because there is no other reason on earth that would make anyone play those two skidmarks ever.

Newton picked up in the second half, he looks like he could be a good signing.

Porter beat their right back once (as far as I could see) and the rest of the time he resembled Jordan Stewart.

Porter, as I keep emphasising, is not a dribbler as such. He's nippy sometimes, tricky sometimes but essentially he's as a passer.

He's done exceptionally well on the wing for City, making lots more goals than anyone else, but is essentially he's an attacking midfield player, probably the best we've got of his type and a genuine orchestrator if he ever gets the chance.

But seeing he's our best left winger right now he needs players running off him to give him passing options and seeing Horsfield doesn't run and our central midfield is rarely to be seen his options are limited on the ball, that only leaves Hume, with Nils doing his best in support..

The same Jordan Stewart who has had a remarkable year performance wise in the premiership. Yes thats

P-R-E-M-I-E-R-S-H-I-P my dad knows a Watford fan who said the Jordo has been the most consistantly good player at Watford this season.

Sorry but it really p1sses me off when people try and use Stewart as a yard stick for crapness, when he'd walk straight back into our team. And is currently applying his trade sucessfully (personally) at a much higher level.

Sorry, I know a lot of Watford fans and they hate him with a passion. :unsure:

I got in a row again with the bloke who mouths off near me. He reckons Hume is destined for the Premiership :laugh:

He gets away with it because he is a cult amongst some of the numbskulls, but he tends to flatter to decieve. Personally for the money I don't think we have had good value.

:D

I think he's been about the best value for money in the squad other than the free transfers.

I rate Hume, but i'm no numbskull. I'm aware he has his limitations, but what he lacks in ability he makes up for in effort. I hate that phrase aswell, but it's not as if Hume isn't talented. Some of his goals have been quality this season and last season. For a player who most believe isn't an out and out striker, 21 goals in just over 60 starts isn't that bad in a shit team.

There are worse players than him plying their trade in the premiership. He is only one of possibly 3 or 4 players that i'd keep for next season. The others being McAuley, Kisnorbo and give Fryatt another chance as he was good last season. There are others that i'm sure will improve with a better manager and better players, but i'd not be fussed about losing them. Porter and Wesolowski probably deserve another year as they are both still very young and have shown to be better than a lot of the dross we have.

:D

I think he's been about the best value for money in the squad other than the free transfers.

I rate Hume, but i'm no numbskull. I'm aware he has his limitations, but what he lacks in ability he makes up for in effort. I hate that phrase aswell, but it's not as if Hume isn't talented. Some of his goals have been quality this season and last season. For a player who most believe isn't an out and out striker, 21 goals in just over 60 starts isn't that bad in a shit team.

There are worse players than him plying their trade in the premiership. He is only one of possibly 3 or 4 players that i'd keep for next season. The others being McAuley, Kisnorbo and give Fryatt another chance as he was good last season. There are others that i'm sure will improve with a better manager and better players, but i'd not be fussed about losing them. Porter and Wesolowski probably deserve another year as they are both still very young and have shown to be better than a lot of the dross we have.

As I've said £750,000. A lot of money especially considering he might be on his bike at the end of next season.

I honestly think one more win will secure our safety.

With 46 points already - and the guarantee of at least finishing with a point per game played at the end of the season - I notice QPR as third from bottom have 37 points from 37 games.

I cannot see any of the bottom sides getting significantly more than that.

It surprised me how little Leeds were prepared to risk last night in the second half and considering their predicament. But then the did look glaringly limited and I can see why they're bottom. They had nothing like the passing skills and imagination Southend had, for instance.

This fear factor will affect all the bottom teams and remembering they'll have some of their last matches against one another I can only envisiage lots of tight games and draws.

As I've said £750,000. A lot of money especially considering he might be on his bike at the end of next season.

Wasn't it £500,000 upfront with a further £250,000 if we get promoted? I still think baring in mind we got £3 million for Connolly, that Hume has been good at that price. It's hard to assess value for money, it's all about circumstances.

But 21 goals in 60 starts in a crap Championship team that rarely scores, is a fiar return. Plus, he's not a striker according to some.

But 21 goals in 60 starts in a crap Championship team that rarely scores, is a fiar return. Plus, he's not a striker according to some.

Personally, I'd stick him on the right wing. That way he can battle in midfield and rush in from the flank, where he's less likely to be picked up, to help make three up front.

Post match comments about the Leeds game? When people say we were shit, they're right. We were fortunate to equalise when we did because their 'keeper slipped over. We were probably marginally better on the night, but Leeds are bottom of the table on merit and we should be battering teams as poor as what they were.

Oh, and their fans were great. As much as I dislike Leeds, their fans had two songs and sung them loudly all night for a long period of time (15 minutes at one stage I think for one song alone).

Oh I love footy fans!! Such diverse opinions on what is a 90 minute game. Honestly, it's quite fascinating.

So far we have:

Hume best ever!! Hume waste of money.

Porter is the man to unlock defences. Porter is a bag of crap.

Jarrat runs the midfield like a general. Jarratt go no skill whatsoever.

Jordan Stewart is loved/loathed by Watford fans.

Hughes and Horsefield are sh*te... oh no that's something we can all agree on!!! :thumbup:

Oh I love footy fans!! Such diverse opinions on what is a 90 minute game. Honestly, it's quite fascinating.

So far we have:

Hume best ever!! Hume waste of money.

Porter is the man to unlock defences. Porter is a bag of crap.

Jarrat runs the midfield like a general. Jarratt go no skill whatsoever.

Jordan Stewart is loved/loathed by Watford fans.

Hughes and Horsefield are sh*te... oh no that's something we can all agree on!!! :thumbup:

Wonderful isn't it, lollol I keep going to reply to people that I disagree with and then I think what the hell they might be right. :dunno::dunno:

He can't pass well enough. Not saying he can't pass, but it's not one of his best attributes

I will now mark all posts containing irony as "IRONIC"!!!!!

I was getting at the fact we spent the first half of last season playing people out of position and now people want to play our top scorer and main goal threat in midfield!!!

Fair enough if we had someone waiting to take his place up front (Todorov) but at the minute, i think not!!!!

I will now mark all posts containing irony as "IRONIC"!!!!!

I was getting at the fact we spent the first half of last season playing people out of position and now people want to play our top scorer and main goal threat in midfield!!!

Fair enough if we had someone waiting to take his place up front (Todorov) but at the minute, i think not!!!!

i r dum sory

Archived