Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Leeds Post-match

We only scored because their keeper slipped, otherwise from what I saw it would have been an easy save.

Despite lining up with the most attacking midfield of the season - we didn't create a clear cut chance all night. FACT. Only when Hammond came on for the useless Horsfield did any half chances start to come our way.

Very poor showing.

hume was class tonight brilliaint player we would miss him if he wasnt involved

other good performances from jarret mcauley kisnorbo and newton

and who was it that wanted maybury back? by far the worst player on the pitch that was the worst game ive seen from him TBH

relax, chill out and enjoy!! The season may as well be over FFS :rolleyes:

another good atmosphere and not a terrible performance. Not much point in moaning now, even thought it appears to be the same people every week. Just let the season peiter out and what happens in the summer will happen. Thats when MM will have his influence and hopefully cheer up some of you misrable feckers and if not, God help us.

The atmosphere was okay but not that great. Most of it was directed to the Poison Dwarf and those northern scumbags than positively getting behind the lads when we needed it.

Well after the turgidity dished up atBurnley the second half was like watching Barcelona. Still shite but much better than the pile of cow shit up at Turf Moor.

At least they strung a few pases together and we actually had more than one player at a time in the oppo's penalty box

Frankly I'm thankful for small mercies these days at that was quite a few small mercies.

Terrible game. The first half was a disgrace, it was so embarrasing. On one hand you could say when shit teams come and lump high balls we find it harder to get the ball on the floor, but tonight took the piss. The ball must have been in the air for 40 minutes of the first half.

People have expressed opinions on certain players tonight, and i'd like to give mine.

As much as I love having academy players in the side, Porter has to be dropped. Why does he cut in onto his right foot 9 times out of 10, or pass back to Johansson? I don't see what's wrong with whipping a left-footed cross in.

Maybury is useless. I don't care who comes in for hi, I'd rather have Hammond at right back.

Hughes. :nono: .

I think people are unfair on Hammond and Jarrett. The latter works extremely hard, and despite how shit Hammond is, his pace does cause the opposition problems.

For the first time tonight, I actually want Kelly out. I do not want to watch anymore performances like that.

Totally agree on Maybury, absolute donkey of a player! Although Nils isnt that much better at least he is a quality defender and attempted some overlaps and balls in to the box,..... yeh ok maybe like twice but still, Maybury just gives the ball away!

I think it's time to start playing Stearman to see if he can rediscover some form!

:(:(

To me today looked like the players didn't have a clue what to do when going forward, they're so used to defending that when it comes to attacking they don't know what to do!

Kelly puts out an attacking side and we still fail to beat a poor Leeds side <_<

And Jarret pass the ball forward FFS!!

Totally agree on Maybury, absolute donkey of a player! Although Nils isnt that much better at least he is a quality defender and attempted some overlaps and balls in to the box,..... yeh ok maybe like twice but still, Maybury just gives the ball away!

I think it's time to start playing Stearman to see if he can rediscover some form!

Im starting to like Nils. He's steadily improving and seems to be getting a decent link up with Levi down the left. Cant remember any real attacks that Leeds put together down our left hand side. Maybury on the other half had a shocker tonight!!! Worst I think ive ever seen him play for us and that's saying something

hume was class tonight brilliaint player we would miss him if he wasnt involved

other good performances from jarret mcauley kisnorbo and newton

Hume put the others to shame, though even he ddn't have a great game.

There were no other good performances. The rest of the players were a disgrace.

I think Maybury is just as solid as Nisse at defending it's just he is too quick to give the ball away for some reason and 9 times out of 10 it goes to the wrong player.

I think Leeds were better than they've been given credit for. If we'd played like that against a mid-table side there'd be a lot less negativity.

I still have a feeling Leeds might yet drag themselves out of it. I don't think they particularly looked like a club rooted to the bottom of the table, though I'm not saying they were exactly Real Madrid either. Just average.

:(:(

To me today looked like the players didn't have a clue what to do when going forward, they're so used to defending that when it comes to attacking they don't know what to do!

Kelly puts out an attacking side and we still fail to beat a poor Leeds side <_<

And Jarret pass the ball forward FFS!!

I think we were trying to play attacking football but we just didn't have the individual quality to make it work. I've said this to Thracian, with this squad we will struggle to play effective attacking football. At least we tried in the 2nd half I guess!

I think Leeds were better than they've been given credit for. If we'd played like that against a mid-table side there'd be a lot less negativity.

I still have a feeling Leeds might yet drag themselves out of it. I don't think they particularly looked like a club rooted to the bottom of the table, though I'm not saying they were exactly Real Madrid either. Just average.

Really? I thought they were absolutely rubbish, and thats not just cos i hate them, they just simply were! They never looked like scoring and didn't have any idea! I thought they would be a lot better. I think they will go down which suprised me a lot! BUT good!!!

Really? I thought they were absolutely rubbish, and thats not just cos i hate them, they just simply were! They never looked like scoring and didn't have any idea! I thought they would be a lot better. I think they will go down which suprised me a lot! BUT good!!!

I might just go string myself from a tree.

I'd have had more luck wandering into the away section in a Man Utd shirt (with Smith on the back?) than I've had posting on here tonight. lol

I might just go string myself from a tree.

I'd have had more luck wandering into the away section in a Man Utd shirt (with Smith on the back?) than I've had posting on here tonight. lol

lol You must have been sitting in a totally different part of the ground to me then! What I do think was most evident from tonight is the need for a quality CM player, someone who will run the show i.e get hold of the ball and create things. Neither Jarret, Hughes, Johnson or Tiatto are these kinda players. Could take a bit of money in summer to get one but so badly needed!!!

lol You must have been sitting in a totally different part of the ground to me then! What I do think was most evident from tonight is the need for a quality CM player, someone who will run the show i.e get hold of the ball and create things. Neither Jarret, Hughes, Johnson or Tiatto are these kinda players. Could take a bit of money in summer to get one but so badly needed!!!

Tonight also made me realise how much we need a new striker too.

We only scored because their keeper slipped, otherwise from what I saw it would have been an easy save.

Despite lining up with the most attacking midfield of the season - we didn't create a clear cut chance all night. FACT. Only when Hammond came on for the useless Horsfield did any half chances start to come our way.

Very poor showing.

Well said, couldn't believe it when the ball went over the line. Leeds were absolute tosh tonight, If they play like that then they wont stay up, and sad thing is we were just as bad.

Our tactics were horribley predictable yet again, down the flanks every single time we went forward, again we ignored so many opportunities to play a quick through ball down the middle. Players like Ian Hume, Elvis Hammond, and Matty Fryatt just aren't going to benefit from sending the ball to the by line every time we get forward.

The only player I thought played well tonight was Kisnorbo, and possibly Maybury/Nills defensively they were both garbage going forwards, Jarret and McAuley were ok-ish. Don't think Iain Hume, Newton or Levi had particularly good games but Hume and Newton had a lack of balls played to them, it went down to Levi on the left 75% of the time and he failed to put a decent number of crosses in, when he did Horsfield didn't ever look like attacking them with any real conviction. I would like to say they made us play their game, but in truth it was probably the other way round. I don't like having a crack at Stephen Hughes as he's often the scape goat for a bad performance but he was utter tripe tonight. Geoff Horsfield looked a lot more like the Geoff Horsfield I expected when we signed him.

It's not a natural tendency to be defensive which is the problem (at home any way) it's our inability to play different types of ball and keep the other team guessing, the passing isn't crisp, fast or accurate enough and our players seem to keen to hit the long ambitious ball when they don't have the talent to do so.

I never really hated Leeds before Wise became their manager (obviously I do now) a mild dislike is probably more accurate, and their support was great tonight. Best away fans I've seen outside the Premier League.

F*****g terrible display.

Apart from Hume, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Jarrett and Newton, no-one gave a flying f**k. :angry:

Porter is no afraid to take on players and plays the ball back to Johansson....every time!!! :angry:

Hughes is garbage, and absolute disgrace.........get rid MM!!!

Hammond does not have a f*****g clue!!! Did anyone see him let Hume chase the goalie down, even though Hammond was 10 yards from the ball and Hume was about 30!!!!!! :dunno: Also can someone tell Horsfield this is not Sunday league football!

Quite a few players are not fit to wear the shirt and Kelly is not fit to be our manager. :protest:

Rant over. :thumbup:

He played the ball back to Nils for a couple of crosses when he had little alternaitve and when Nils was much better placed. Porter also made the goal, had two cracking on-target piledrivers brilliantly blocked and was always trying to make something happen.

The fact Horsfield never ever looked interested or capable of challenging for anything and no-one at City ever attacks the front post makes his options for a final ball pretty limited especially considering we rarely had numbers attacking the box until Hammond came on.

Hammond actually galvanised Leicester's attack which looked better balanced at that time than I've previously seen it under Kelly

Suddenly there were options with Newton, Hammond, Fryatt and Porter moving forward and even Hughes trying to add support.

Hammond was desperately unlucky to be given offside when clean through, Hughes should have scored when breaking forward in similar fashion and were a succession of moves which had Leeds in disarray.

Hammond contributed to most of those moves and the front line suddenly looked alive.

Why it took Leeds scoring for us to buck our ideas up and so long for Kelly to ditch Horsfield I don't know.

He and Jarrett simply aren't good enough but it was certainly a blessing having Johnson out and Hughesaway from right wing.

Newton is the first winger I've seen under Kelly who looks as if he knows the job. I was particularly impressed with his early and invariably questioning passes. He linked up well with people and usually spotted people's runs and delivered the ball accurately.

He played the ball back to Nils for a couple of crosses when he had little alternaitve and when Nils was much better placed. Porter also made the goal, had two cracking on-target piledrivers brilliantly blocked and was always trying to make something happen.

The fact Horsfield never ever looked interested or capable of challenging for anything and no-one at City ever attacks the front post makes his options for a final ball pretty limited especially considering we rarely had numbers attacking the box until Hammond came on.

Hammond actually galvanised Leicester's attack which looked better balanced at that time than I've previously seen it under Kelly

Suddenly there were options with Newton, Hammond, Fryatt and Porter moving forward and even Hughes trying to add support.

Hammond was desperately unlucky to be given offside when clean through, Hughes should have scored when breaking forward in similar fashion and were a succession of moves which had Leeds in disarray.

Hammond contributed to most of those moves and the front line suddenly looked alive.

Why it took Leeds scoring for us to buck our ideas up and so long for Kelly to ditch Horsfield I don't know.

He and Jarrett simply aren't good enough but it was certainly a blessing having Johnson out and Hughesaway from right wing.

Newton is the first winger I've seen under Kelly who looks as if he knows the job. I was particularly impressed with his early and invariably questioning passes. He linked up well with people and usually spotted people's runs and delivered the ball accurately.

Just say something bad about Levi Porter, go on, dares ya.

Archived