Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

maybury

To be fair to Maybury when he gets the ball there are no blue shirts in space for him to pass to, therefore he has to hoof it. Yes he makes the odd howler every so often but hecan be decent at times too. I still feel he is the best right back we have.

Not the greatest player in the world and if we had the chance to replace him I wouldn't object but i don't think he is as bad as a lot make him out to be.

I know the beauty of football is so many people have different opinions, but by Christ there are some seriously wrong opinions in this thread.

Alan Maybury is a terrific right back and next season he will be back to the form he showed upon his arrival. Sadly for Maybury and this is my only criticism of him was he got very down after a move away was rejected but he only wanted to leave because of the crap behind the scenes. he hates Rob Kelly with a passion and he has zero respect for him, that is the reasons for his dip in form and also he has been played out of position so often.

He will be like a new signing when Kelly goes.

I dont think the fact they have jumped from 24th to 3rd in the table whilst he's been there is a coincidence either.

But I do seem to recall you doubted the wisdom of his appointment cos he'd hadn't had much managerial experience - or was that someone else. :whistle::D

I know the beauty of football is so many people have different opinions, but by Christ there are some seriously wrong opinions in this thread.

Alan Maybury is a terrific right back and next season he will be back to the form he showed upon his arrival. Sadly for Maybury and this is my only criticism of him was he got very down after a move away was rejected but he only wanted to leave because of the crap behind the scenes. he hates Rob Kelly with a passion and he has zero respect for him, that is the reasons for his dip in form and also he has been played out of position so often.

how do you know this? :unsure:

how do you know this? :unsure:

Because he's BartonFox and he said so! Besides Barton's Fez's mum and she knows everything, you ask Fez. :P

lol Love it how you can mention Irish full backs without mentioning Steve Finnan.

Ian Harte if far from a donkey!

Fullback is such an unfashionable position these days that even the likes of Maybury get a game for Eire! Im not Steve finnans biggest fan and dislike Steven Carr with a passion. Ive always thought he was over-rated and even Glenn Roeder has gone off him and prefers to play a right-winger at fullback!

As for Ian Harte, he has alovely left foot but he has the pace of Micky Quinn (today). :D

To be fair to Maybury when he gets the ball there are no blue shirts in space for him to pass to, therefore he has to hoof it. Yes he makes the odd howler every so often but hecan be decent at times too. I still feel he is the best right back we have.

Exactly, whenever he got the ball on Saturday, Newton was nowhere to be found. He had either drifted too far inside or was standing next to or behind Maybury.

I agree that he was terrific when we first singed him, perhaps he still can be terrific. But how do you know about the but in bold? Unless you've spoken to him then I'll put this down to obsessive hatred of Rob Kelly

I think he's a very capable right-back. The man came through the same Leeds youth team as the likes of Robinson, Harte, Smith etc etc and has played in a Champions League semi-final hasn't he? Well the Leeds bit is true at least, so he's got pedigree and he's looked solid and dependable for me, and I think in a higher quality team he'd do well.

Btw, lmao at the guy who doesn't rate Steve Finnan.

Alan Maybury is more than capable at this level. I rate the guy as a right back, I don't think he's that bad at left back, altough he sometimes looks like a fish out of water.

Are you being serious??? He has been immense from day 1 this season, good solid tackler and i personaly think he looks a big threat going forward. MOM performance against QPR on saturday. Anyone agree???

I've already said he's a good Champioship RB, but against QPR, like most of the team he was shite. I can't recall a single time when he completed a pass.

Are you being serious??? He has been immense from day 1 this season, good solid tackler and i personaly think he looks a big threat going forward. MOM performance against QPR on saturday. Anyone agree???

You can't be serious? A capable right back, but I wouldn't stretch much further than that. He has definitely not been immense all season.

Who knows whether he'll be better when Kelly leaves?

Archived