Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

maybury

does anyone else think this bloke is absolutly shocking?

he should spend all day every day in training trying to pass the ball to someone in a blue shirt!

Yep, complete dog turd. Why we didn't sell him to Sunderland at the time is unbelievable ???

He left Scotland for about £40k to come to us as a 26/27yo. That kind of sums up hsi worth. I`d say we have got value for money for the signing but he isnt the type of player that would make the top 10 starting line-up for any of the better sides in the Championship. Hopefully he`ll be a back-up for next season as he is useful as back-up at fullback or at best sold on.

I think he is more than capable at this level, he just needs to find his form that he shown when we first signed him I think.

I think he's definitely capable at this level and has demonstrated that on more than one occasion, Roy Keene obviously thought so and was prepared to pay relatively big bucks for him.

Like most of our players he's under performing, so the question should not be is Maybury good enough but why are they all playing so poorly.

Over to you Rob Kelly!

He left Scotland for about £40k to come to us as a 26/27yo. That kind of sums up hsi worth. I`d say we have got value for money for the signing but he isnt the type of player that would make the top 10 starting line-up for any of the better sides in the Championship. Hopefully he`ll be a back-up for next season as he is useful as back-up at fullback or at best sold on.

50k. :D

And a bit unfair they thought the world of him at Hearts, and he was pushing for a EIRE starting place at one point whilst there.

We should have sold both Maybury and Stearman to sunderland when we had the chance.

Or at least negotiate with them for a higher offer, but from what i garthered we just told them to get lost.

So if you believe they are both shite why do you think Keene was prepared to by them? Just because they are under performing doesn't mean they should go, what we need is a manager who can get the best out of them.

50k. :D

And a bit unfair they thought the world of him at Hearts, and he was pushing for a EIRE starting place at one point whilst there.

Im sure he has featured for Ireland once whilst at Leicester but that doesnt prove too much, especially as they have been shocking for a few years now. Im sure donkeys like Gary Kelly and Ian Harte have featured in the last year and to this day I thought they had retired! As a Cypriot who saw there ropey team dismantle the Irish I can categorically say they are shite!

Back to Maybury, he is an OK player due to being able to play in a few positions but we need to start thinking big and players like him should not be starters at our club. The problem is we get blinkered when he is surrounded by so many under-performing players and we sometimes thinkhe is better than he is, especially if Stearman has a lousy game or Kenton looks pants.

Im sure he has featured for Ireland once whilst at Leicester but that doesnt prove too much, especially as they have been shocking for a few years now. Im sure donkeys like Gary Kelly and Ian Harte have featured in the last year and to this day I thought they had retired! As a Cypriot who saw there ropey team dismantle the Irish I can categorically say they are shite!

Back to Maybury, he is an OK player due to being able to play in a few positions but we need to start thinking big and players like him should not be starters at our club. The problem is we get blinkered when he is surrounded by so many under-performing players and we sometimes thinkhe is better than he is, especially if Stearman has a lousy game or Kenton looks pants.

lol Love it how you can mention Irish full backs without mentioning Steve Finnan.

Ian Harte if far from a donkey!

does anyone else think this bloke is absolutly shocking?

he should spend all day every day in training trying to pass the ball to someone in a blue shirt!

If you think that about Maybury, I wonder how bad you rate Jason focking Jarrett. His passings are absolutely shcking.

Alan Maybury is a good squad player, and I think he's good enough at this level. Maybe not as a starter, but as a squad player he can do the business for us when required. Wish I could say that about most our squad

Alan Maybury is the least of our worries. Properly motivated and in a side that's set up with some proper purpose, Maybury could be an excellent right back, either as first choice or involved understudy. But he's no left-back or midfielder. At his best he is fit, makes good decisions, can pass the ball simply and is able to support.

We have rarely made the best use of his abilities and Maybury suffers like everyone else through our lack of decent central midfielders and, of course, a respectable - and fit - right winger.

So if you believe they are both shite why do you think Keene was prepared to by them? Just because they are under performing doesn't mean they should go, what we need is a manager who can get the best out of them.

Well Maybury being Irish was probably a strong factor behind Keane bidding for him.

Well Maybury being Irish was probably a strong factor behind Keane bidding for him.

Keene is a man obsessed with being succesful I doubt it would have played a significant part in his assessment other than he knew what he was capable of and he was still more than happy to buy him. Takes nothing away from my point.

Keene is a man obsessed with being succesful I doubt it would have played a significant part in his assessment other than he knew what he was capable of and he was still more than happy to buy him. Takes nothing away from my point.

keanes backers at sunderland are all irish, i don't think that it's a coincidence that a large proportion of the players he has signed qualify for ireland.

PS maybury is the best right back at the club by a long way.

keanes backers at sunderland are all irish, i don't think that it's a coincidence that a large proportion of the players he has signed qualify for ireland.

PS maybury is the best right back at the club by a long way.

I dont think the fact they have jumped from 24th to 3rd in the table whilst he's been there is a coincidence either.

Archived