Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Academy

Just thought you might like to know that Andy King has been offered a new 2 year contract. Many others have been given an extra 1 year.

oh, and apparently the main reason why we are top of the league is that we play our best players, whereas all the other sides play their under 16's!

Just thought you might like to know that Andy King has been offered a new 2 year contract. Many others have been given an extra 1 year.

oh, and apparently the main reason why we are top of the league is that we play our best players, whereas all the other sides play their under 16's!

That's really good news about Andy King.

professional contract? is he 18?

You may be right to some extent but that shouldn't detract from their ability because we finished virtually neck and neck at the top with Villa last season - and with virtually the same players who were, of course, a year younger?

Many of them also played in the Reserves and would have done again this season if we'd had a reserves League team.

Wonderful news for Kingy unless they just waste him as so often seems to be the case.

I've heard this before too. When Villa came to Belvoir Drive, some of the parents of their under 18s were saying how about 8 out of the 11 were under 16s playing above their level. Probably the majority of their successful under 18s side from the previous season had been pushed on to the reserves but for us, our older under 18s have been held back another year. I would point out that Bristol City are one of the poorest Academy sides I've seen. I think we beat them 6-0 at Belvoir Drive this season and defensively they were shocking.

Talking about promoting Academy players, I would say Mattock, Gradel and King/Tejan-Sie being promoted would improve the first team and apart from Mattock those players aren't very young. Gradel's 19 so he should have collected enough experience to handle first team level and I'm thinking King and Tejan-Sie must be 18 or almost 18 so they shouldn't be fazed a great deal.

That's a lesson for Kelly

Talking about promoting Academy players, I would say Mattock, Gradel and King/Tejan-Sie being promoted would improve the first team

Not been offered a contract. I think it's Beswick aswell who is being released.

Pity about Beswick ifthat's true. He's just not strong or forceful enough in all probability and lacks the raw pace to make up for it as a winger. Nor is he a great dribbler.

His real strength is getting early and accurate passes into the box, which he's always looked good at and which have certainly been effective. But, while he's rarely had anything but a decent game, I've neverseen him as first team material.

Not been offered a contract. I think it's Beswick aswell who is being released.

I don't rate Tejan-Sie particularly highly but he couldn't do much worse than the players we've had playing central midfield for the first team this season. On recent form I'd play him ahead of Johnson, Hughes and Jarrett. I wouldn't mind seeing King play alongside Tiatto in the middle. Tiatto's done ok in central midfield this season and can contribute assists with his deliveries from dead ball situations. King would also add another aerial threat from these positions. I don't think it would hurt to play three Academy players (or at least have them on the bench) because if none of them perform then it is possible to take them all off and bring on more senior players but I can't imagine they'd be the three worst players for us if they did start.

I don't rate Tejan-Sie particularly highly but he couldn't do much worse than the players we've had playing central midfield for the first team this season. On recent form I'd play him ahead of Johnson, Hughes and Jarrett. I wouldn't mind seeing King play alongside Tiatto in the middle. Tiatto's done ok in central midfield this season and can contribute assists with his deliveries from dead ball situations. King would also add another aerial threat from these positions. I don't think it would hurt to play three Academy players (or at least have them on the bench) because if none of them perform then it is possible to take them all off and bring on more senior players but I can't imagine they'd be the three worst players for us if they did start.

Good reasoning and I certainly agree about King and Tiatto, particularly as Tiatto could move outside and Porter inside according to the situation and with perfectly smooth effect.

That would also be my favoured 4-3-3 line-up cos of all our experienced players you know that Tiatto will give 100% to the cause until the last day of the season just like Joey Gudjonsson.

Archived